The Spark

Can't Resist

Seohyun was having lovely Keroro dreams before her phone started to vibrate on her bedside table waking her up. Seeing the bright light coming from her phone she squinted at it trying to adjust to its brightness. She slowly read “from: Yoona

 

She opened up the message and was reading it in a groggy state. “I’m not suppose to mention this to Taeyeon, but since you’re not Taeyeon I will tell you so you can tell her. Jessica got hurt tonight. Badly.

 

Seohyun quickly sprung out of bed and quickly tipped toed to Taeyeon’s room and opened the door and closed it quietly. Sneakily walking up to Taeyeon and gently shook her awake from her sleep. “Unnie, Taeyeon unnie.”

 

Taeyeon slowly opened up her eyes and turned her head and saw Seohyun. “What is it maknae?”

 

“Read this message I just got from Yoona.” She handed Taeyeon her phone.

 

Since Taeyeon’s room was still pitch dark the light from Seohyun’s cell phone blinded her. “I can’t read it right now. What does it say?” she handed it back and sat up to rub her eyes.

 

“Yoona said Jessica got hurt badly tonight.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes shot wide open remembering that Jessica was doing a job tonight. She grabbed the maknae’s phone and instantly called Yoona.

 

“Seohyun, did you tell Taeyeon?” Taeyeon could hear in Yoona’s voice that she was a bit shaken up.

 

“It’s me. What happened?”

 

“It was going fine until an armed security guard came up and called back up.” Yoona was trying to catch her breath. “We almost got away cleanly, but it went south real quick when the backup actually came and Jessica got shot.”

 

Taeyeon’s body jolted in worry when she heard Yoona say the words she got shot. “Where did it hit? Is she okay?” she was starting to get more anxious not being there and not knowing if she is okay. “Are you going to take her to a hospital?”

 

“No, it’s too risky to take her to a hospital, but we have some one here that’s just as good as any doctor.”

 

“Where are you at? I’ll come as fast as I can.” Taeyeon stood up and went to grab some clothes to change into.

 

“…” Yoona didn’t respond because where they are at is at their main hideout.

 

“Where are you at Yoona? I need to be there!” she almost yelled into the phone, but remembered that her other roommates are sleeping.

 

Taeyeon heard Yoona sigh on the other side and mumbled. “She’s going kill meI’ll be there in 10 minutes.”

 

Yoona hung up on Taeyeon making her give the phone back to Seohyun. “You should go to back to sleep.” She threw on some jeans and a plain shirt.

 

“I’m coming with you.” She still sat on Taeyeon’s bed thinking of how Yoona is taking all this.

 

“You sure you want to? Because I was going to ask for a week off.” She started to put on her shoes.

 

“I’ll do the same then.”

 

Taeyeon got her cell phone to dial Director Heechul’s number. “Good and a very early morning director Heechul even though I got your voicemail. Director, Seohyun and I would like to take some leave from work for a week starting today. We just got news of a very close and personal friend that’s well, let’s just say they are not doing very well and it might be serious. I’m sorry to inform you this early, but it is a very serious matter sir. Get back to me as soon as you can. Thank you director.” She put her phone in her pocket and started packing while Seohyun got up and did the same.

 

Yoona was waiting in her car a few houses up from Taeyeon and Seohyun’s house. She tapped her hands on the steering wheel still worried about Jessica because the person who is taking care of Jessica’s wound was still working on her when she left. She heard a knock on the passenger window and saw it was Seohyun and Taeyeon with their bags and unlocked her doors. “Are you staying?” was all she asked when they threw the bags in the back seat with Seohyun.

 

“Yeah, took some leave off of work.” Taeyeon quickly sat and put on her seatbelt.

 

Yoona looked at Seohyun in the back. “And you?”

 

“Just showing my support is all.”

 

She smiled at Yoona making her start to feel kind of tingly. “Oh…” she sighed and cleared . “Where I am taking you is a secret and I need you to put these on.” In her hands she held black bandanas because she was still uncertain of their loyalty to not tell the agencies where Jessica’s hideout is.

 

“Are you serious?” Taeyeon just looked at her wasting time. “We need to get to Jessica. NOW!”

 

“I’m only taking precautions here Taeyeon. Please put these on so we can get there faster.”

 

Taeyeon saw the look in Yoona’s eyes and saw she’s just as worried as she is. She grabbed one and wrapped the long folded cloth around her eyes making everything black. Taeyeon heard Yoona started the car and felt it moving making it known that Seohyun also put one on.

 

“I’m sorry I have to do that. I still am iffy with you even if you really like Jessica.”

 

“It’s okay.” Taeyeon started to get to thinking. “But it isn’t fair that you know where we live and we don’t know where your main hideout is.”

 

“Truth be told, I didn’t even want to know where you lived. She wanted to know where you lived so she could see you.”

 

A smile crept up on Taeyeon.

 

“So take that up with her and not me. I’m just making sure she stays safe.” A frown replaced a straight face on Yoona. “But I didn’t do my job tonight.”

 

Taeyeon could definitely not see Yoona and just heard that pain she was feeling from her soft voice. “Things can go wrong on any job Yoona…” she rested the back of her head on the headrest. “I have gotten my squad and myself injured even though I was being thorough. Things happen, but you can’t blame yourself because unpredictability is apart of your job. Mine included.”

 

Yoona looked straight at the rode letting Taeyeon’s words sink in and she realized they were nearing the warehouse hideout. “You’re not that bad Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“You too” she said finally getting acknowledged by Jessica’s only friend.

 

Yoona glanced in the rear view mirror and saw Seohyun just being quiet. “You okay back there Hyunnie?”

 

“Eh?” she said but then she remembers that Yoona is a month older than her.

 

“Sorry, are we not on that level of knowing each other yet?”

 

She shook her head. “No, it’s fine.”

 

Yoona pulled into the warehouse parking just outside the main entrance waiting for them to open so she can park the vehicle inside. “You sure?”

 

“It’s fine.”

 

“Are we here Yoona?” Taeyeon felt her stop the car and is hearing what sounds like a metal loading dock door slowly being pulled open.

 

“Yeah.” She pulled the car in to park and once they did they started closing it behind her. “You can take those off now.”

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun took off their blindfolds and adjusted their vision to their surroundings. They looked around and saw that they were in a huge warehouse. “This is the hideout?”

 

“It is.” She got out and was met with a group of Jessica’s crewmembers.

 

The other two slowly got out of the car and walked up to Yoona and the group of guys.

 

“She’s still in there.”

 

“Still?” Yoona ran her hand through her hair. “I thought she would’ve gotten the bullet out and treated her wound by the time I got back.”

 

Taeyeon got into the conversation worrying about Jessica. “What kind of bullet was it?”

 

The crewmembers looked at Taeyeon and Seohyun confused to why they’re here.

 

“They know Jessica and Jessica knows them. They’re cool.” Yoona spoke up before they were questioned.

 

They nodded and explained to Taeyeon. “I think it’s a hollow point. They got most of the bullet fragments but they are still looking because there are still a few small one’s they can’t find.”

 

“Where is she?” Taeyeon looked at them wanting to know.

 

“I’ll take you.” Yoona voiced out and looked at the crewmembers. “Make sure to look out just incase we were followed.”

 

The members nodded to patrolling and left, but leaving one person behind. Yongsun went up to Yoona’s ear and whispered. “The trucks made it to the Mr. Jung’s warehouse.”

 

“Good.” She patted his back and he left them to go out to patrol with the other members. Yoona paid her attention to Taeyeon and Seohyun making them follow her. “She’s this way but since she’s still getting treated we have to wait outside until she’s done.”

 

They came to a very clean area of the rather looking abandon warehouse. They stood in front of a gray metal door. “She’s in there.” Yoona sat on the floor and motioned for the other girls to join her. “It’s going to be awhile I’m guessing.”

 

They sat besides her and waited for what seemed like an eternity until a dark brown haired girl came out in scrubs looking exhausted. She only saw Yoona and the girl stood up quickly as she came closer.

 

Taeyeon saw a familiarity in the girl’s face to Jessica’s, but she brushed it off, as Jessica was the main concern.

 

“Is she okay?” Yoona looked at the girl who fixed up Jessica.

 

“Yeah” she wiped her forehead with her forearm. “It wasn’t easy to get all the bullet fragments out but I got all of them and she’s fine. She just lost a lot of blood and she’s in the clear for now.” She hugged Yoona tightly. “It was nerve-wracking to work on her Yoongie.”

 

Yoona could feel the girl’s body trembling. “it’s okay Krystal. I know how good you are at your job and I know you took really good special care of your sister.” She started to gently rub her back. “You did good and she’ll be fine because your hands are like god’s hands in your field.” Krystal chuckled and stopped tearing up so she could smack Yoona in the arm.

 

A very concerned voice managed to break up the relieved couple. “Is it okay if I go see her now?”

 

Krystal looked to her right and saw two girls she has never seen before. “And you might be?” she was very skeptical with this girl because Jessica didn’t really socialize with anyone outside Yoona and her crewmembers.

 

Taeyeon was taken aback by this girl’s rude bluntness. “I’m a friend of Jessica’s”

 

Krystal looked at Yoona and she nodded that it’s okay. “She’s still kind of drugged up and resting right now, but it’s okay if you go see her.”

 

Taeyeon just nodded and walked inside the door to where Jessica is.

 

“Who is that?” Krystal looked at the girl who was still left standing after her friend left.

 

Yoona smacked Krystal’s arms. “They’re both older than you. Be more polite.”

 

Krystal rolled her eyes and bowed at Seohyun. “Hello, I’m Krystal.”

 

Seohyun just chuckled. “I’m Seohyun and sorry my friend’s name is Taeyeon.”

 

“Taeyeon? That’s her name?” she looked at Yoona. “How does she know Jessica?”

 

Yoona just shrugged her shoulders. “Jessica can tell you that herself.”

 

“Why can’t you?” she crossed her arms and tapped her foot impatiently.

 

“Can't really say.”

 

“Fine.” She put her arms back to her sides and excused herself. “I’m going to take a shower. I’ll check on her again in the morning.”

 

“Okay.” Yoona watched her walk off and looked at Seohyun. She could see that the girl was tired. “Hey Hyunnie?”

 

The maknae stopped spacing out when she heard Yoona call her. “Yes?”

 

She chuckled at her. “Are you tired?”

 

“No…” she started to yawn.

 

Yoona just shook her head and smiled. She messed up Seohyun’s hair up a bit to say, “Come on, you can sleep in this room.” She grabbed the girl so she could follow her.

 

Seohyun walked in and saw that it isn’t a guest room because the room itself is personalized with someone else’s stuff. “Whose room is this?”

 

“It’s mine.” She got a fold out mattress from the closet and laid it on the floor. “I would let you stay in another room, but Krystal is already staying in that one.” When it was laid out on the floor, Yoona motion for Seohyun to sleep on her bed while she slept on the foldout mattress.

 

“I don’t mind sleeping on the foldout mattress…”

 

Yoona waved her off. “It’s fine. Just think of it as making it up to you for not getting your own room to sleep in for the night.”

 

“Are you sure?” she hesitantly stayed in her spot still standing with her bag.

 

“Yes, I’m sure.” Yoona took a pillow off of the bed and place it on her mattress along with a blanket. “Good night.”

 

----

 

Taeyeon quietly closed the door and looked at Jessica resting with IVs hooked up to her. This sight of her was making her heart hurt.

 

Jessica heard the lite footsteps walking towards her. “Krystal, can you get me some water?” Her soft voice whispered painfully.

 

“Where’s it at?”

 

Jessica thought she was hallucinating because of the drugs her sister put her on was making her think Taeyeon was here. “That’s not funny Krystal…”

 

“Who is Krystal?” Taeyeon got closer to Jessica.

 

Jessica groaned. “I’m serious, it’s not funny. You and Yoona better stop sounding like her.”

 

“Sounding like who?” Taeyeon was finding this amusing.

 

“Like Taeyeon. Now stop it.”

 

Taeyeon finally made it all the way to her bedside smiling and chuckling as the drugs were making Jessica act like this.

 

“I said it’s not funny…” she finally was going to give them her death glare even though she was drugged up. She looked at who she thought was Krystal and Yoona with a blurry vision looking like Taeyeon. “Okay, stop it guys.”

 

“It really is just me. For real.” Taeyeon smiled even more finding her drugged up and mad-self cute.

 

Jessica blinked a few times and her vision was still blurry but it was clearly Taeyeon. “What are you doing here?” she tried to get up but her abdomen started to hurt and cringed at the pain.

 

Taeyeon jumped at Jessica’s action and place her hands on her to keep her still and to lay her back on the bed. “Don’t move too much or you might reopen the wound.” She slowly laid her back onto the bed.

 

Jessica started to steady her breathing so the pain would subside eventually. She groaned, “but why are you here?”

 

Taeyeon looked around the room for a chair and brought it so she could sit beside Jessica. “Because I was worried about you.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “I told Yoona not to tell you…”

 

Taeyeon just giggled. “Actually Seohyun told me. So Yoona still kept her promise.”

 

She just laughed. “Ah, the loophole.” She adjusted herself slowly to be more comfortable. “Well then, you only here for the night?”

 

Taeyeon hid her smile and finally got Jessica that water she’s been wanting. “No, actually I took off a week from work. So did Seohyun.”

 

“She is here too?” Jessica would’ve never thought that she would have even cared.

 

“Yeah, she seemed worried about you and I think since her and Yoona been hanging out a lot that she was kind of worried about her too.”

 

Jessica’s thoughts came to when Yoona was driving. Even when her sight was kind of fuzzy all she saw was a worried face. “How is she?”

 

Taeyeon just chuckled. “She’s fine, but I know she is more worried about you than you should be about her.”

 

“Yeah, but she was in danger too.” She just sighed and even that hurt a bit too. “She may be my best friend, but she’s like another sister to me.”

 

“She thinks of you the same way Jessica and she was really worried.” She sat on the bed next to her. “But since you are okay, I think she can sleep easy now.” She held onto Jessica’s hand. “I now I can stop worrying and sleep easy too.”

 

“You were worried?” she raised her eyebrow more curious to hear Taeyeon say it herself.

 

Taeyeon furrowed her brows and looked at their intertwined hands. “Of course I was worried. My heart nearly jumped out when Yoona told me what happened. Especially when I told you to be careful, that made it even scarier.” It was true, Taeyeon thought of all the scenarios in ways that Jessica wouldn’t make it. Just thinking about it brought a tear to her glistening eyes.

 

Jessica couldn’t stand that sight before her. It pained her heart. With her free hand, she caressed Taeyeon’s head gently and brought her closer to herself making their foreheads connect. “Taeyeon, don’t think like that because it didn’t turn out that way. I’m here and I’m here to stay as long as you are with me.” She wiped her tears off of Taeyeon’s sad face. “I promise to you that I don’t go down easy without a fight.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled still with watery eyes wiping them clean with her free hand. “You promise?”

 

“I promise Taeyeon, and that’s one I intent to keep even though I’m pretty drugged up right now.”

 

With her eyes dry and now feeling better with Jessica’s humor. “Okay.” She crawled in with Jessica and held on to her gently to not hurt her wound. Just holding onto to each other in a comfortable warm silence brought Taeyeon to a realization. The roller coaster of feelings churning in her stomach when she heard the news about Jessica and the relief she felt when she heard that she was really okay. “Jessica.” She called softly.

 

She was starting to get drowsy and tried to sound awake. “Hmm?” she hummed.

 

Taeyeon hesitated for a few seconds. “I love you.”

 

Jessica just chuckled and snuggled her head on Taeyeon’s. “I love you too.” She giggled like a little kid. “I knew it when I first laid these eyes on you and your pistol.”

 

Taeyeon smile grew and adjusted herself so she could look at Jessica’s face so she could kiss her lips. “You knew it that fast?”

 

“Yeah.” She closed her eyes slowly drifting off to sleep. “Why you think I did all that stuff so I could see you...”

 

Taeyeon laid back down and smiled before kissing her cheek. “Good night Jessica Jung, I love you.”

 

 

 

 

hello people! i'm done with my classes for spring term and that's was mostly the reason why i didn't update as much, but i'm hoping to do at least two more updates for both stories before i start summer classes. ah, the stress of trying to graduate from college by next spring. 

well i hope you guys enjoy the update even though i'm kind of iffy about it and hope you will wait for more updates later on. as always thank you for the comments, upvotes, and subscribers. have a good and safe week everyone! toodles! :)