"Don't laugh! I'm a cowboy!" - Hyukjae

One great big happy family -- (kid!SuJu)

Sometimes kids could be a little weird. Not super weird but just a little… unique.
 

They had gone out shopping for some new clothes, the entire KangTeuk family. Kangin was in charge of watching over Kyuhyun so that he wouldn’t get into any serious trouble and Leeteuk took Hyukjae—it was only fair that once in a while he got the ‘easier child’ because as much as they knew they shouldn’t say that, when one of your children was an ‘angel’ like Kyuhyun it just kind of happened.


Anyway. Leeteuk and Kangin had decided to separate to make things go faster and hopefully easier but when it came to Hyukjae and shoes it was no party and sadly that was where he was stuck with his son now.


“Please Hyukkie, can’t you at least look at the shoes?” Leeteuk pleaded with his son, two shopping bags full of clothes already in his hands.


“I don’t wanna! My shoes are fine!” Hyukjae shouted in returned causing Leeteuk to sigh.


“Lee Hyukjae. You are being worse than Kyuhyun, now come here and at least LOOK at the shoes.”


Somehow that was a threat—and a very good one. Being compared and then called worse than the ‘little angel’ was definitely not a good thing so with a massive sulk Hyukjae did as he was told.


“Thank you,” said Leeteuk with another sigh, “I just want you to look; we don’t have to—Hyukjae? Where did you…”


“THESE I WANT THESE, OMMA-TEUK CAN I CAN I CAN I PLEASE!?”


Leeteuk couldn’t even see what it was that Hyukjae had because the darling child had run away from him. So in following the sound of his shouting voice Teuk found his son… holding up a pair of red cowboy boots.


“You… what?”

“These! I want these, can I have ‘em!? Please please please please please!!!” Hyukjae was bouncing between his feet as he pleaded for them.


“They’re not…” ‘Very practical’ was how Leeteuk was going to finish that statement but he decided against it—his son actually wanted a pair of shoes. Who was he to argue with that?


“Let’s see if they fit first.” Leeteuk changed his approach as he knelt down and checked the size on the boots. Luckily they were Hyukjae’s size so after the 8 year old was seated Teuk pushed them on his feet.


The monkey’s eyes lit up in delight as he saw those red cowboy boots and he jumped out of the chair and began to run around the shoe section to make sure they fit right.


“Hyukjae! No running, come back here now!” But Teuk couldn’t keep a scolding tone to his voice because Hyukjae just looked so cute, adorable and delighted which in turn delighted him.


“THANKYOU!!!” Hyukjae shouted as he nearly tackled Leeteuk with a hug. “Ilove’emilove’emilove’emilove’em~! They’re the bestest shoes ever!”


Oh, his enthusiasm. It just made Leeteuk laugh.


“Of course, of course; let’s go pay for them and then you can thank me some more.” Teuk put Hyukjae’s old shoes in the box, picked up the other bags and then took Hyukjae’s hand as well before going and doing just that.

 

*                                *                                *
 

“AREN’T THEY JUST AMAZING!?” Hyukjae said to Donghae later that day when they were outside playing. The fishy Hae had taken an interest in them immediately… But hadn’t said whether they were cool or not. He couldn’t decide.


You look like cowboy.” Henry spoke up from his spot sitting on the ground with his white toy violin. Hyukjae just looked between Donghae and Henry waiting for the older brother to translate.


“He said you look like a …” Donghae looked back to Henry and had him repeat, “Cowboy.” which Henry did with a smile. “Like... pew pew.” And the tiny, squishy mochi-cheeked Asian pretended to shoot stuff with his violin, pretending it was a gun before just smiling so big his eyes disappeared.


“OH like John Wayne!” was Hyukjae’s reply before posing a few times, though his poses looked a bit more like James Bond than John Wayne. Something that caused both HenHae brothers to fall over with giggles.


“What…?” Hyukjae said, stomping a red-cowboy boot clad foot. “What! Don’t laugh! I’m a cowboy!”


“If you’re a cowboy, then what are we?” Hae asked, sitting on the ground next to Henry who was explaining yet again how the violin worked to him.


“Uhm… You can be cowboys too! And Kyuhyunnie is the bad guy, that’s why he’s locked up inside.” Hyukjae just nodded to that, unaware that the ‘bad guy’ was watching and listening through the window.


“Be careful Hyukkie. What if he hears you?”


“He knows it’s true! Now come on. Let’s go find other people to arrest!” Hyukjae pulled them up to their feet then to help him.


“Okay! Come on Henli! We’re gonna be cowboys!” Donghae took Henry’s hand, his other hand in Hyukjae’s as they ran over to their own lawn to find someone—something—to arrest. 

 


Notes: This fic is dedicated to ‘Hyukjae Madness’ and was inspired by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POGVIz9bkjc&feature=feedf <<