Cowboys and Aliens -- EunHaeRy-Kyu

One great big happy family -- (kid!SuJu)

“Henli! Yer gonna be an alien!” Hyukjae shouted one day as the HenHae brothers came over to play. A big pair of sunglasses, green socks and a white beanie that was stolen from Umma-Teuk were already in his hands for Alien dress up that he attempted to put on Henry. But Donghae tugged away his brother and hugged him.

“BUT!” And he just pouted at his best friend. “I thought you said we were all cowboys!”

“Well we can’t have just one alien.” Hyukjae explained, reaching out to pull the hat on Henry’s head who just blinked wide, reaching up to put his hands on it. It was too big, but was soft and warm. So he wasn’t going to protest.

“BUT!!!” Protested Donghae again, a harder pout on his face. He didn’t even bother asking who the other alien was—it was pretty obvious to him that it would be either Kyuhyun or one of Hyuk’s parents.

Seeing that pout on his face Hyukjae, who was always weak against Donghae, caved.

“Okay. An already captured alien!” And he pushed the sunglasses onto Henry’s face, the size of which almost rivaled his squishy mochi cheeks.

“Kay!” Donghae said finally happy. He took one of the socks from Hyukjae and helped pull them onto Henry’s feet. They reached up to his thighs amazingly enough.

“He’s cute.” Both boys said at the same time as Henry just stared back at them.  As if on cue Henry did a ‘rawr’ motion towards them that lead them into a fit of giggles and he smiled big. Getting them to laugh was one of his favorite things to do considering their language barrier.

“Good alien?” He asked, pointing to himself and they nodded.

“OKAY! Let’s go capture ourselves another alien!” Hyukjae went over to the couch and got his cowboy hat and toy gun, already wearing those cowboy boots he refused to take off. “Alien Henli! Take us to your leader!”

Clueless as to what Hyukjae said, Henry just looked between Donghae and Hyukjae.

“Uh. Sheriff Hyukkie!” Donghae said to Hyukjae, “I don’t think the prisoner understands.”

“Then translate.”

“…I don’t understand either.” Donghae said after a pause.

“Oh…” Hyuk frowned a moment and looked down to his boots. After tapping them together he got an idea, “I know! We’ll go hunting then! I think I know a good spot of where to capture aliens! Bring the prisoner, Deputy Fishy!”

“OKAY! Come on Henli~” Donghae said to his brother, offering out his hand that Henry took happily and followed along.

 

After searching through a few rooms in the house, they found the ‘good hunting grounds’.

“NO!  I won’t! I refuse to play yer stupid game Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun yelled, especially as Hyukjae came after him with another cap he had stolen borrowed from Umma-teuk.

“COME ON Kyuhyunnie, we need another Alien! You’ll be cute!”

“I DUN WANNA BE CUTE!” Kyuhyun yelled, especially since Hae had joined in the chasing. Henry was just staring. He was being a good prisoner.

“PLEASE KYUHYUNNIE PLA~AY WITH US!!!” Donghae shouted as he made a dive for Kyuhyun who shouted and ran out of the door of the room they were in.

Henry went to the door and watched where Kyuhyun ran and when the ‘Sheriff’ and ‘Deputy’ caught their breath, he pointed to where Kyuhyun ran off to and the trio followed.

 

“AH!! STOP FOLLOWING ME I SAID LEMME ALONE!” Kyuhyun shouted as he threw a handful of Legos at them.

“We’re under attack! Protect the prisoner!” Hyukjae ducked down and Donghae did as he was told, protecting Henry from the ‘shrapnel’.  Henry just gave Donghae’s hand a thankful squeeze, smiling.

“Hah!” Seeing them take cover like that made Kyuhyun feel victorious and he stood with his fists on his hips in triumph.

“Hrmph.” Hyukjae wasn’t impressed.

But then an idea struck him!

“I know! Kyuhyunnie can be a mad scientist who wants to experiment on our alien!” explained Hyukjae with a smile, already on his feet so they could go get new dress up clothes for the Scientist.

“No! He can’t experiment on my Henli!” Donghae hugged Henry tight then, somehow walking as he hugged.

“No tests...” Henry said with a cry in his voice, pouting so hard his cheeks weighed down.

“Of course, no tests Henli! That’s why we have you—we’re protecting you!” Hyukjae reached into the hamper and pulled out a white button down and tucked it under his arm. It was the perfect ‘lab coat’.

“Oh. Okay!” Henry smiled and so did Hae, glad everything was resolved so quickly.

“So we have to stop Mad Scientist Kyuhyunnie and protect Henli all at the same time?” Donghae asked to clarify.

“Yup! Come on, let’s go tell Kyuhyunnie he’s no longer an alien.”

 

“I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY YOUR GAME AT ALL!!!” Kyuhyun was running from HyukHaeRy by then, Hyukjae who was holding out the shirt to try and put it on him.

“COME ON KYUHYUNNIE, YER A SCIENTIST NOW. DON’T YOU WANNA BE A SCIENTIST?”

“I REFUSE!!!!!!!!” He shouted, just as he ran into Leeteuk’s legs. “Oomf.”

“Kids, please calm down—don’t yell… what are you doing with my shirt Hyukjae?”

“OMMA!!! MAKE THEM STOP!!” Kyuhyun yelled and faked a cry, tugging at his Umma’s pants. “They’re trying to make me be the scientist!”

“I heard from your yelling. Hyukjae, what are you doing to your brother.” Leeteuk used a gentle scolding tone.  

“We’re playing Cowboys and Aliens! Or we were until Kyuhyunnie refused to be an alien! Now we’re protecting Alien Henli from Mad Scientist Kyuhyunnie, but he won’t play with us.” Hyukjae put on a big pout on his face then, still making attempts to put the shirt on Kyu, who was making circles around Leeteuk and using him as a shield, accompanied by the occasional evil merong.

“Alien Henli?” Leeteuk asked confused—he knew he was supposed to be watching all four of the children, but hadn’t heard the HenHae brothers arrive because Kangin was still home at the time…

“Yup!” Donghae and Henry showed up then and Hyukjae reached out for Henry’s arm and pulled him over. “See? Alien Henli.”

Leeteuk stared at the small child, most of his head hidden by that white cap of his and those huge sunglasses that someone must have stolen from Zhou Mi because they didn’t look like anything he owned (Kyuhyun…) and those green socks. It was just too adorable for him that he had to reach out and pick him up.

“Oh… Aren’t you just the cutest thing..!” Leeteuk couldn’t help himself—he pinched a squishy cheek, causing Henry to wince, but smile nonetheless.

“Isn’t he!” Hyukjae was all proud and Donghae stood next to him proud too because Henry was HIS brother!

Hearing his brother and friend talk, Henry looked down to them and then back over to Leeteuk and smiled, condensing his cheeks into more adorable mochi-ness.

Kyuhyun figured that the distraction that was cute Henry was a good time to make his escape, so he did.

However, Henry spotted it and he pointed!

“Es-.. es… RUN AWAY!!!” because a big word like ‘escaping’ was too hard for him in Korean; he knew it in English though, but only Hae would understand. Either way, Henry pointed and wiggled out of Leeteuk’s arms so that HyukHaeRy could go off chasing Kyuhyun again.

“Aigoo~” Leeteuk sighed as he let go of the adorable Chinese-Canadian. “PLEASE Be careful!!”

“We will!” Hyuk yelled, already running off to catch Kyuhyun with HenHae in tow.