The Bestest Gege Ever -- HenHae.

One great big happy family -- (kid!SuJu)

Title: Bestest Gege Ever.
Rating: PG.
Pairing(s): brothers!HenHae, friend!EunHae, mentioned ShiHan, KangTeuk
Summary:  Donghae loves his new brother Henry and wants to prove to him that he’s the bestest brother ever.
Genre: kid!SuJu, Fluff.

 


Donghae absolutely adored Henry. From the second he realized who the chubby cheeked boy was, he had been in love with him. He wanted to be the bestest gege ever for him. Even though it was very difficult to converse with his newly found brother, Donghae still attempted as best as he could.

A few days after Henry arrived at their house the pair finally got a proper chance to attempt to a conversation with one another.

“Henli!” Donghae started, going over to his mochi-cheeked brother and sitting down. “Hennnnllliii~” It wasn’t until his name was said for a second that that he looked up and smiled, giving a wave despite the fact they were not even two feet apart.

“Henli! Play with me.” The statement brought a confused look onto Henry’s face, not fully understanding the words yet. So Donghae just grabbed some toys that were nearby and stated more plainly, “Play with me!”

For some reason the introduction of toys helped him to understand and Henry just began to nod before grabbing one of the trucks and mumbling in English about how it was the greatest truck in the world before making truck noises as he drove it around on the carpet.

Donghae watched this before grabbing his own truck and racing it over to Henry. A wide eyed stare greeted him before Henry was giggling and the pair began to race around the room with their respective trucks.

The moment of bonding was so cute and sweet that Geng filmed some of it before coming in to announce that it was snack time.

“All right kids, it’s time for a snack,” Then added in Chinese for Henry, “Snack, Hanri?

“Ohohoh!” Henry jumped up and immediately discarded the toy to jump at Geng who picked him up easily, holding out his other hand for Donghae.


In the kitchen there was already a plate of snacks laid out for both of them. Donghae started to eat without a problem but Henry looked at the food oddly before turning his pout to Geng.

“What? Don’t like it?” he asked while Henry just continued to pout before also shaking his head, probably just assuming the question. “It’s what we have though…” Geng shifted as he thought, because he didn’t want to upset Henry who looked like he might cry, especially during his first week in Korea with them.

“Henli, you don’t like your food?” Donghae asked, munching on his chunk of apple to which Henry responded with another shake of the head.

“Ah!” Geng said rather suddenly, disappearing for a brief moment before returning with a baggy, “Here Hanri—your grandmother said these were your favorite.” And poured a bunch of little goldfish crackers out onto the plate.

Henry squealed and picked one up to munch on immediately, much to Donghae’s dismay.

“HENLI NO~! NOT THE LITTLE FISHIES!” And he immediately snatched away the plate so he couldn’t destroy any more of his fishy friends!

“Eh… ….” Henry just blinked, wide eyed, his hand still over his mouth from when he’d shoved in the first few…. Soon after tears sprang up into his eyes again and he let out a cry, “Waahhh….”

While this was happening Geng just stared in horror.

“Yah, Donghae! What are you doing?” He reached but stalled for a moment. Should he take the plate back from Donghae first, to comfort Henry? The choice was simple and the small Canadian was picked up and gently cooed at in Chinese.

“Baba! They’re my fishy friends! He can’t eat my fishy friends!” Donghae looked at the crackers and gently pet them, sliding them off of the plate and onto his napkin.

“You can’t steal food from you brother, even if they do look like fish.” Geng scolded, Henry watching sadly as his favorite fishy snack was disappearing before his eyes. “Look at how sad it’s making him.”

“But! Baba! They’re my fishy friends!” Donghae repeated like he was once again a child of Henry’s age, holding the napkin bundle of fish to his chest.

MINE” Henry yelled in English then, reaching out but Donghae jerked back, jumping off the chair.

“Donghae! Don’t you dare run away!” Geng threatened.

“He can’t eat ‘em!” And off he ran anyway. Geng moved to pursue but Henry was crying even louder now, yelling MINE in English once again.
 

*               *               *

After Geng calmed Henry down, he laid him down for a nap. Then he went to go scold Donghae about the whole snack matter. And because of the snack blow up, lunch time was horrible. Siwon, who came home for lunch whenever he could, asked what was wrong and Geng replied that ‘they had a fight over goldfish crackers’ which somehow amazingly explained it all.

Donghae didn’t like that Henry was mad at him though, even if Henry HAD been eating his fishy friends which was the biggest no-no in the world asides from picking on his Hyukkie (only HE could do that!) So Donghae decided to make it up to him.

The first step was initiating conversation. Donghae looked around his room for something to help break the ice before heading over to Henry, who was playing with his violin sadly.

“Henli.” Donghae said, the boy’s pout only increasing when he heard his name. “Henli, I’m sorry.” That got Henry to turn his head, eyes glistening with tears again.

“Henli!! Oh, Henli don’t cry! I really am sorry!” Donghae flailed then, reaching out to put the peace offering of a baseball cap onto Henry’s head.

That stopped the tears all right, the sadness replaced with confusion as both hands went up to feel the cap before taking it off to take a look at it.

“Cute huh?” Donghae said, proud, “It suits you! Put it back on.” And grabbed the hat to plunk it on his head again.

Henry touched it and then pointed to himself, eyes wide again. Donghae just nodded and Henry smiled.

Come samy dahhhh.” Henry replied in his best attempt at saying Thank You in Korean. The Engrish was so adorable that Donghae just wanted to tackle him. So he did.

*               *               *

Rain in Seoul wasn’t an uncommon thing, but it was uncommon for Henry. It reminded him of the funeral that was still fresh in his mind, despite the fact that over a month had passed since then. So, over at Teukie-hyung’s house Henry just sat curled up on the couch, staring out of the window with the hat from Donghae on again.

“Hyukkie… Henli looks so sad.” Donghae said, watching him from across the room.

“Yeah he does… Does the rain make him sad?” Hyukkie replied going through a box of stuff for no reason other than he could.

“Maybe…” Donghae pouted; watching his precious baby brother look so sad made him sad… “OH I KNOW” Donghae said, tugging Hyukjae over so he could whisper into his ear. “Let’s do something to cheer him up!”

“OH! That’s such a good idea Hae! What should we do!?”

“I know the perfect thing! Come on, follow me~”

Henry let out a quiet sniffle as he continued to stare out the window. That is until he heard…

“INTRODUCING. THE GREATEST MAGICAN IN DA WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!! The Fishy Man himself, DONGHAE!!!” Hyukkie had jumped out from the hallway, applauding on his own while dressed in a rather fluffy dress type thing.

The announcement surprised Henry—mostly because he didn’t understand much aside from ‘Fishy’ and ‘Donghae’ because they were commonly used words amongst those three. But when Donghae came out dressed in a huge sparkly blazer with a top hat on, Henry just had to smile. Only then did he applaud while giggling, turning to face the two in front of him.

“Thank you thank you, you are all too kind!” Donghae said as if he was address a whole crowd and not just Henry, pulling out a box of stuff to set down on the coffee table which was now his performing table. “Hi Henli~” He had to add, waving to Henry who waved back with an, “ANNYEONG HAEEE!” 

“Are you ready for a magic show?” Donghae asked, earning some very enthusiastic nodding from Henry.

“Okay, for my first trick.” Donghae pulled out a red cloth. “There’s nothing here.” Henry moved to the edge of the couch, watching closely. “Nothing here.” He was turning it around and around in his hands. “But oh!” And suddenly a rose appeared in his hands as he moved away the cloth between his two hands. Henry gasped and applauded more before receiving the rose from Donghae, causing him to blush with happiness. The idea of cheering him up was working perfectly.

Donghae performed several other magic tricks with his assistant ‘Da Great Hyukkie’ including the floating body one on the coffee table which totally shocked Henry.

Knowing that he could cheer up Henry like this helped Donghae to realize that he was indeed the greatest gege ever and there wasn’t anything he wouldn’t be able to do for his bestest dongsaeng Henry.

 


A/N:You can look up a bunch of Donghae’s magic tricks on youtube :x The one I was thinking of in the fic though is what he does in Bonamana.