The Poor Blender. -- Kyuhyun, EunHae

One great big happy family -- (kid!SuJu)

Title: That Poor Blender .
Rating:  PG.
Pairing(s):  brothers!KyuHyuk, kid!HyukHae, KangTeuk.
Summary: I’m not sure which I feel more sorry for: Leeteuk, or the blender...
Genre:  Crack, Fluff.
Notes: *Just giggles*
Dedicated: I’m dedicating this to Devon for helping me with evil-kid!kyu lol.

 


Why was being a good boy so hard sometimes? All Donghae wanted was to be a good boy so he could get his present from his Appa and Baba no problem, but nooo. It was all Hyukkie’s fault, and Donghae knew it. He couldn’t be a good boy when he was around Hyukjae, especially when that evil dongsaeng Kyuhyun was involved.


The pair had decided that they would make themselves lunch, because they were hungry and Leeteuk was ‘busy’ with Kangin, whatever that meant. Hyukjae just said that when Umma-teuk and Appa were busy you had to stay away from the bedroom and do things on your own.

So they were.

And it wasn’t good.
 




“Hyukkkkiiieeee… I’m hungry.” Donghae whined, rolling around on the floor of Hyukjae’s living room.

“I know Hae, I am too~” he whined right back, half of his body draped off of the couch.

“I KNOW!” Donghae shouted, jumping up to his feet, finger raised in the air before turning it to point at Hyukjae. “Let’s make lunch!”

“What?”

“YEAH! Let’s make lunch! Uncle Teukkie will be so proud of us if we can make lunch all by ourselves!”

“Do you know how to make lunch, Hae?” asked Hyukjae, even as he sat up on the couch, interested in this idea. It would mean food and food was good, because he was so hungry!

“Of course I know how to make lunch,” replied Donghae with a raspberry, waving his hands like he’d seen Siwon do so many times to Hankyung, “its super easy! Come on, I’ll show you!” And before Hyukjae could protest more, he’d grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen.

Once there, Donghae looked into the fridge and started to pull out small Tupperware containers, setting them on the counter.

“Hae! What are you doing?” Hyukkie asked, just watching with a slightly salivating mouth. Everything in those plastic containers looked so good.

“We’re going to make bimbimbop! Baba says it’s. It’s the… the ‘easiest thing to make when you dun know how to cook and you’re hungry’.” And Donghae nodded as he made sure that he got the quotation from Hankyung right before shutting KangTeuk’s fridge.

“OH BIMBIMBOP! I love bimbimbop! Can we put strawberries in it?” Hyukjae asked as he went with Donghae to the kitchen table to drag chairs over to their ‘work space’ since they weren’t tall enough to reach otherwise.

“No, we can’t put strawberries in it that would be gross Hyukkie!” Donghae pushed his chair right next to the counter and crawled up onto it, reaching for everything he had pulled out. Then, “Uh oh.”

“What uh oh?” Hyukkie asked, standing on his own chair as he looked at Donghae.

“We don’t have rice.” And he looked at Hyukjae all wide eyed.

“OH NO” Hyukjae replied, slapping his hands onto his cheeks, Home Alone style.

“Do you know how to use the rice cooker?” the question earned Donghae a shaking head monkey. “Hmm… well… do we need to cook it?”

“We can cook it after we mix it!” replied Hyukjae after a moment of thought, smiling that gummy grin of his!

And Donghae’s jaw dropped open! “Hyukkie! You’re so smart!” And he reached over to the cupboard with the rice, since he obviously knew where everything was in Hyukjae’s house.

“I know I am!” He stood proud, hands on his hips while Donghae just giggled, pouring in a few big handfuls of rice into their giant bowl.

Once the bimbimbop was all mixed together, Donghae looked at the bowl and tilted his head to the side.  

“This don’t look right, Hyukkie.” He said, holding up the bowl so his friend could see.

“Use the blender.” A new voice said. Entering the kitchen then was Hyukjae’s younger brother Kyuhyun, who had got up from his nap 15 ago and spent the time since eaves dropping on what HyukHae were doing.

“The what?” Both boys asked in unison.

“The blender.” Kyuhyun yawned again, pointing to the blender.

“Ooohh…” Again, more unison speech before Hyukjae said, “This is the thing Appa uses to make me nummy strawberry smoothies!”

“Do you think it would make really good bimbimbop?” Donghae asked, looking at both the 5 year old Kyuhyun and Hyukjae. The latter shrugged, but Kyuhyun was nodding.

“It will mix everything up real good.” He said, crawling up onto the chair with Hyukjae, before shoving him aside so he could get on top of the counter to fetch the blender for them.

Upon receiving the blender, Donghae lifted up the bowl and began to pour the bimbimbop into the blender. All of the bimbimbop.

“Will it still work if it’s this full?” Donghae asked, looking between the bowl and the full-to-the-top blender.

“I think so! You just need to use one of the faster settings.” Hyukjae said, leaning on the counter that Kyuhyun was sitting on now while Donghae tried to get the lid on the blender.

“Oh okay--… ungh!” Hae let out a grunt of anger, tossing down the lid. “I can’t get it on!”

“You don’t need it.” Kyuhyun said with a sage nod, even though he knew he was lying.

“Are you sure?” Donghae, don’t take advice from evil 5 year olds.

“Very sure! You don’t need it.” He even threw in a ‘thumbs up’ to reassure his hyung.

Donghae still wasn’t sure though, so he jumped off of the chair, trying to take cover by ducking beneath the edge of the counter.

“This seems like a bad idea, Hyukkie…” Donghae said to his best friend as he reached for the ‘puree’ button on the blender, looking between the pair of brothers before pressing.

At first, nothing happened; just a low ‘wrrr’ sound as the motor tried to spin. But then the bimbimbop inside of the blender shifted up and the blades began to spin. This resulted in the top 6 inches or so of food flying out of the blender and everywhere in a loud splatter.

Hyukjae screamed as he was hit, but Kyuhyun was laughing, even if he was covered with food and uncooked rice.

“OH NO!” Donghae yelled, reaching up to the blender to try and turn it off. Instead he pushed the ‘ice crush’ setting and it began to spin even faster, sending more food everywhere.

That is, until a few pieces of the rice moved into just the right spot. Then the blender made a loud noise and stopped it’s shaking on the counter before sitting still while smoking.
 

 




The splatter was the first thing that Leeteuk heard, lifting his head from Kangin’s shoulder in their bedroom.

“What was that…?” He asked, glancing towards the door.

“It was nothing, don’t worry about it.” Kangin replied, taking his head and pulling it back down to his chest, kissing the top of Leeteuk’s head.

But then there was that scream.

“Uh… Boys will be boys?” he offered to his husband, who had sat up once more, fright pulling at his pretty face.

Finally, with that loud noise Leeteuk flew from the bed, grabbing his bathrobe in the process to cover himself up as he went out to investigate.

 




Donghae had a look of horror on his face as he looked at the blender that was still smoking, the plug for it in Hyukjae’s hand. He figured that would be the best way to stop it, but the damage had already been done.

And the horror only increased when they heard Leeteuk gasp at the doorway to the kitchen, followed not far by Kangin who was pulling on his shirt.

“Wh-… What have you done?” Leeteuk’s eyes moved from the laughing Kyuhyun, to the horror stricken Donghae and lastly on the oh-so-guilty looking Hyukjae.

“Hyukjae…” began Leeteuk, clenching his jaw as he kept in his anger as best as he could.

Kangin came up behind him, putting his hands on his husband’s shoulders as his eyes assessed the damage that had been done. Wow, he thought, I… wow. And he wasn’t sure if he should yell at the kids then or try to calm down Leeteuk who seemed to be shaking with anger.

After a careful breath, Kangin asked, “Who’s responsible for this mess?” and three pairs of hands pointed. Donghae pointed to Kyuhyun, who was pointing at Hyukjae and Hyukjae was pointing at Donghae. Kangin just face palmed.

“I don’t care who’s responsible; all of you, go to your rooms! And Donghae, go to Hyukjae’s but NO talking to each other!” Leeteuk was the one who dished out the punishment this time and when no one moved until he added a loud, “NOW!”

In an effort to try and calm down Leeteuk, Kangin began to squeeze and massage his shoulders. ‘it’ll be okay’ he muttered before wrapping his arms around his husband in a hug. But honestly, Kangin wasn’t sure who he felt worse for… Leeteuk or the blender. 

 


A/N: Sooo..... Chapters 2 - 4 (The Day I Became a Brother, We got him in China and That Poor Blender) all take place at the same time. Rather. Chapter 2 starts it. Then the next two happen DURING that story. And then Brother and China end at the same time. It's all very cute and good.