Glasses, or 'The day Omma-Teuk ruined my life' -- Kyuhyun

One great big happy family -- (kid!SuJu)

Title: Glasses, or ‘The day Omma Teuk ruined my life.’
Rating: PG.
Pairing(s): KangTeuk, kid!Kyu, mentioned KyuMin. 
Summary: Little Kyuhyun has to get glasses for the first time, and he’s none to pleased about it.
Genre: Fluff, crack-ish? With some angst.
 


“It’s not too bad,” The doctor said, holding out a lollipop to the 5 year old Kyuhyun who was in the middle of rubbing his eyes, which hurt from all the poking and prodding they had just been under. “But he will probably have to wear glasses from now on.”

That’s how it had all started. A routine visit to the doctor and now Kyuhyun was to wear glasses, probably for the rest of his life. Not that big of a deal for some, but one would have thought it was the end of the world with the way Kyuhyun fought.

“NO! NO I DON’T WANNA! NO YOU CAN’T MAKE ME! NOOOO!!!” He threw a temper tantrum in the store when Leeteuk tried to put a pair on him; it eventually got to be so bad that they had to leave and Leeteuk returned later to buy them of his own accord, without the yelling child’s input.


It was the first day before wearing the new glasses to school that Leeteuk realized his ‘perfect little angel’ might not be so perfect.

“Aww… Aren’t you just the cutest little thing?” Leeteuk said to Kyuhyun, who was sitting on the counter in the bathroom while his ‘Umma Teuk’ did his hair after putting on his glasses for him. But Kyuhyun wasn’t going to have any of it; he took the damned things off and threw them into the sink.

“I look like a nerd.” Kyu said with a huff, folding his arms over his chest.

“No Kyu…” Leeteuk started, picking up the glasses again, making sure that they weren’t scratched or broken, “Be a good boy.”

“I dun wanna be a nerd! Jongwoonie-hyung is the nerd!” And apparently it was a really bad thing to be like Jongwoonie-hyung.

“Jongwoonie…? Shindongie-sshi’s son?” Then Leeteuk just shook his head, despite the fact that Kyuhyun was nodding. “Glasses don’t make you a nerd, Kyuhyunnie.” And he placed them back onto his head, “Running into walls because you can’t see does.”

“I CAN SEE WITHOUT ‘EM OMMA TEUK!” And he flailed his arms around, trying to throw off his glasses for a second time.

“Do you think that your appa would spend his hard earned money on something that you didn’t need just to make you upset?” Leeteuk’s hands were on either side of his head, sort of holding the glasses in place so that they couldn’t be discarded again.

“Yes.” Kyuhyun retorted bluntly. And Leeteuk’s jaw just dropped open, appearing both shocked and hurt … He so had hoped that would work on his 5 year old son.

“How… how could you believe such a terrible thing, Kyuhyunnie…?” He gave his son a pet on the head before tilting it back and kissing his forehead. “You’re my angel… I know you are.” But Leeteuk was looking at him through rose colored glasses and couldn’t see Kyuhyun’s very obvious devil horns.

The young child sighed heavily as his Omma-teuk did that, pulling a face of his own. How could he be mean when his Umma was so sweet?

“I knoww I ammmmm…. Omma-teuk…” Kyuhyun drew out his words, folding his arms over his chest yet again. “I be your angel…” A.K.A. he would be good … for now.

Leeteuk just smiled with the reply that he got from him, picking him up for a hug. Finishing getting him ready for school was easy after that and soon they were all on their way: Kyuhyun, Hyukjae, Donghae and Leeteuk since he walked them all to school. No Henry yet; ShiHan were waiting until after the summer break to enroll him in kindergarten so that they could improve his Korean.

Hyukjae and Donghae were dropped off first in the 1st grade class room, that was combined with the 2nd grade classroom because they were both so small and they didn’t have enough teachers at their school for the students, which was okay; they only had a handful of students to begin with.

Kyuhyun was brought to the Kindergarten room where he was immediately greeted by his supposed best friend Ryeowook.

“Kyuhyunnie-sshi~” He said as he pounced Kyuhyun with a hug before noticing his glasses. “OOohhh~~” And he pointed, leaned close, and just all around inspected his best friend. “Kyuhyunnie-sshi~ So cute!”

“Wookie! Get off me!” Despite being a little younger, Kyu was still bigger than Wookie so he pushed him away and took off his glasses before running over to his cubby hole. 

“YAH! KYUHYUN! Play nice!” The kindergarten teacher, Kim Heechul, yelled across the room as he was approaching Leeteuk who clearly wanted to speak to him about something—probably about that ‘angel’ of his.

“Heechulie-ah… You shouldn’t speak so harshly to the children.” Leeteuk said before even bringing up what he really wanted to talk to Heechul about.

“They won’t understand unless you’re firm with them,” replied Heechul, giving the kids a glance over before returning to look at Leeteuk, “so. Glasses?”

“Yes… He doesn’t like them, but he needs to wear them.” His words were accompanied by a heavy sigh, Leeteuk’s eyes down on the ground. “Can you please… please, Heechul-ah, make sure that he wears them?”

“Aish… That’s not in my job description, Jungsu-ah.” Heechul said then, checking out his nails for a moment before looking back up to him. “But for you… I suppose I can.”

“Thank you.” Leeteuk said with a bright smile, reaching out to give Heechul’s arm an appreciative squeeze. “He’s already thrown them off a few times, so I suspect it won’t be easy for you.” He turned to leave, just kind of like that, “So good luck~” And he was gone.

Heechul cleared his throat, only a little bit peeved at how Leeteuk had ended their conversation… Did he expect him to come over and raise Kyuhyun for him too!?  But his thoughts were interrupted by a cry from one of the students.

“Yah! Kyuhyun, what did I tell you about playing nice!”

“IT WASN’T ME!” Kyuhyun yelled right back, his glasses already missing.

“Don’t play me—and where are your glasses?” Heechul countered, not caring if it was his fault or not since it usually was.

“I don’t have glasses, I’m no nerd.” The 5 year old bit back, arms over his chest.

‘Ugh’… Heechul thought, ‘This is going to be a long day… Damn you Jungsu.’
 

*                *                *


Apparently the ‘disappearing glasses’ would become a game that Heechul and Kyuhyun would play all morning; after snack time, they wound up in Kyuhyun’s cubby hole again. After their naptime, they were found stuffed into a pillow. During their early morning art session, Heechul found them in the bucket of crayons. He was quickly losing his patience with Kyuhyun who already wore it thin by the normal pranks he tended to pull. How Leeteuk handled this child was beyond him.

Finally it was time for recess when he and the other teachers, Kibum and Victoria, just let their students run wild on the playground. By that time in the afternoon most of the kids were restless and that was the best way to regain their focus.

Kyuhyun had run away from Ryeowook once again and was underneath the slide, digging a deep hole because he was planned to be rid of his glasses once and for all; Umma-Teuk had ruined his life with these stupid things and he did not want to bother with them anymore!

“Kyuhyunnie-sshi?” A tiny voice came from behind the slide. When Kyuhyun turned around, he didn’t recognize who it was at first. The kid had blond dyed hair that was pulled into pigtails and was practically wearing a pink dress… Considering they were a boy.

“Sungminnie-hyung? What do you want.” He didn’t even pose it as a question due to his grumpiness, turning back to face the hole he was digging.  It wasn’t deep enough yet to hide the glasses away forever, so they were still on his face because despite his protests, they really did help him see.

“What are you doing?” Sungmin tilted his head to the side in a ridiculously cute manner before going to crawl underneath the slide with Kyuhyun. Something about the boy who was two years younger than him, but never acted it just… always interested Sungmin.

“What does it look like? I’m digging a hole.” His sarcasm bit and always hurt, but Sungmin was strong. Besides, he had distracted himself by staring at the younger boy’s face.

“Kyuhyunnie~ Your glasses!” Sungmin said while Kyuhyun flinched, waiting for whatever harsh, mean, terrible comments the second grader was going to dish out at him! “They look so cute on you~”

‘What?’ Kyuhyun hadn’t been expecting that and stared up at Sungmin in disbelief, jaw dropped.

“Mmhm~” as if he had heard Kyuhyun’s inner thoughts, “They look really cute on you! I like them so much~”

Those comments, especially coming from Sungmin, just made Kyuhyun’s cheeks heat up about as pink as the clothes Sungmin was wearing. That wasn’t fair; how was he supposed to react to that? Kyuhyun knew what to do if he was called a nerd and four eyes and everything else because he was a rather vicious kindergartener. But cute!? How do you deal with cute!

So Kyuhyun did the only thing he knew how to do in response to that. A handful of sand was picked up and thrown in Sungmin’s face before Kyuhyun just ran away yelling, “STUPID PINK SUNGMINNIE!!” As if it was the best insult in the world.

Sungmin cried, loudly; the sand had got into his eyes and it hurt. Heechul heard both Kyuhyun yell and Sungmin’s cries, and had to roll his eyes because evidently Kyuhyun had done it yet again. ‘Aishhh…. Seriously’ he thought before excusing himself from his flirting conversation with Kibum to go find the children.

Kyuhyun nearly made it past Heechul too, but Heechul was experienced with youngen’s so he snatched him up by the back of his shirt and dragged him over to where Sungmin was.

“What happened.” Heechul spoke flatly, not letting go of Kyuhyun, even as he struggled.

“Appa!” Sungmin ran out from where he was and clung to Heechul’s leg, the teacher immediately putting a hand onto the back of his head.

“Ugh, what did your Baba dress you in, seriously!?” Distracted by that pink-dress looking thing his son was wearing, Heechul nearly let Kyuhyun go but when Sungmin, all red and teary eyed glared at the young boy he remembered and kept a tight grip on that shirt.

“Appa! Kyuhyunnie was mean to me again!” Yes, again. This was nearly a daily occurrence on the playground.

“Kyuhyun. Apologize to Sungmin.” Heechul said, trying to do his job, but he was having issues staying unbiased since this was involving his son.

“NO!” Kyuhyun said, still struggling against that grip of Heechul’s, “He was mean first!” And now the pointing started, Kyuhyun’s own epic pout on his face.

“I was not mean! I said you looked cute!” Sungmin was rubbing his eyes rather hard because of the sand which Heechul knew wasn’t good; he had to get him to a sink to wash it out.

“So mean!” Kyuhyun sounded like he was going to cry because of that; Heechul wanted to pull out his hair.

“Oh for f-… Kibum! Come here!” Back-up. Heechul needed back-up desperately and Kibum was the best choice.

After being beckoned, Kibum headed over to the group with a light jog, taking in everything from Heechul’s deathgrip on the back of Kyuhyun’s shirt to Kyuhyun’s fake pouting look, and lastly Sungmin’s red, crying face. All right, he knew his role: Damage control.

“Which do you want me to take, Heenim?” Kibum asked, glancing between the two kids.

“Sungmin; take him to the nurse’s office and wash his face for him. Apparently someone threw sand in his face.” That line was said with a glare to the 5 year old Heechul still hadn’t let go of. “Oh, and see if there isn’t anything else you can put on him; Seasoning dressed him like a girl again…”

Even though Sungmin was already 8, Kibum still picked him up and carried him to the nurse’s office to do was he had been told. In the meantime, that harsh glare of Heechul’s was given once more to Kyuhyun, though he never seemed to be phased by it. Probably because of its overuse.

“What exactly am I supposed to do with you Kyuhyun?” Heechul started, crouching down so that he was eyelevel with his student. “You are the naughtiest kid I’ve ever taught.” He knew he shouldn’t say it that way; that it was ‘detrimental to the child to hear it in that fashion’ the whole ‘hate the action not the child’ but it was just too true. Kyuhyun was a naughty kid.

“I don’t know!” Kyuhyun said, finally giving up trying to get away from Heechul. Stupid adults were always stronger than him, no matter what he tried to do.

“I suppose I best just call your parents…” Heechul muttered softly, but Kyuhyun still heard.

“DO IT!” He spat, glaring at his teacher from behind his glasses.

“I meant call Kangin,” snapped Heechul, “I’m sure he’ll love being interrupted at work YET AGAIN.”

That did it; Kyuhyun’s eyes went wide and his snarky, bratty attitude seemed to vanish with the mere mention of calling his Appa. Appa would not be happy to hear that Kyuhyun had been a bad boy once again at school, nuh-uh he would not like that at all.

“That’s what I thought.” Heechul said in regards to Kyuhyun’s reaction, getting back up to his feet. A hand was placed gently on Kyuhyun’s back to lead the child into the school. As Heechul passed by Victoria he said to her, “Vic-omma,” because everyone in the school called her that, “I’ll be back in a moment. I just have to deal with a… a little problem.”

Victoria looked up from the girl at her feet, who she could barely see over her large pregnant belly, to just smile and nod at Heechul.

 

Inside the school, Heechul lead Kyuhyun to the nurse’s office, where Kibum was just finishing up with cleaning up Sungmin’s face.

However, as they neared that room, Kyuhyun began to struggle but Heechul’s tight grip was on the back of his shirt like before.

“Kyuhyun-ah,” Heechul started, “I want you to say you’re sorry to my Sungminnie.” The possessiveness over his son came out rather naturally, “Okay?”

“BUT-”

“No buts! You will do this, or I’ll call Kangin-ah.”

Kyuhyun just stared in wide eyes at Heechul. Apologize or deal with Appa!? Really!? ‘Oh he’s good…’ Kyuhyun thought as he sulked into the nurse’s office.

“Ah, Heenim. We were just going to go find you.” Kibum said his hand in Sungmin’s, ready to return to recess. Upon seeing Kyuhyun though, Sungmin half hide behind Kibum’s leg.

“Say it.” Heechul urged ‘nicely’, pushing Kyuhyun forward.

The young devil glared up at Heechul before turning to Sungmin. Then he looked at his feet, kicking at the ground.

“Sungminnie-hyung.”

“Yes, Kyuhyun-sshi?” Sungmin replied, wiping his eyes once more since they still hurt.

“I’m sorry I threw sand in your face.” Kyuhyun stated simply, not sounding the least bit contrite.

“Apology NOT accepted!” Sungmin shouted with an added merong before hiding behind Kibum’s legs fully.

“Sungmin!” Heechul said with a gasp, a bit surprised by his son, and yet strangely proud of him. Kibum had been expecting this after everything he heard from Sungmin while cleaning him up, so he just gently protected the blond one in pink. “You should be nice; Kyuhyun came all the way back here to apologize.”

“I don’t care! Appa! He’s mean to me all the time!” Sungmin all but shouted, staying behind Kibum for protection, “He pulls my hair and makes fun of me and throws stuff at me and he’s just so mean! All I said to him was that his glasses looked cute and he threw sand at me! I don’t wanna accept his apology so I’m not gonna!” Sungmin then, having somehow inherited that glare from Heechul directed it at Kyuhyun then, “And I take it back too. You don’t look cute at all!” His fox-like lips were pulled up into a snarl which really just made the eight year old look more adorable than menacing.

Kyuhyun, nonetheless, got the menacing message and just dropped his jaw. No one had ever reacted like that to his teasing before. Sure, a few had cried but that didn’t phase Kyuhyun one bit. But this did.

“You’re wrong!” Kyuhyun said before any adult in the room could say anything, “They are cute! And Imma wear ‘em all the time cause you’re WRONG!! Wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG WRONG WRONG!”

Before anyone could stop him, Kyuhyun ran out of the nurse’s office and was gone. Sungmin moved away from Kibum to Heechul, who picked him up immediately and took a step out into the hallway to look in the direction Kyuhyun had ran.

“Well… I guess Jungsu-ah will be happy.” Heechul said with a shrug before returning to the playground with Sungmin, Kibum in tow behind him. 

 


A/N: Oh, Kyuhyun.... Oh, Heechul.... lol