A Light Spring Rain -- EunHae

One great big happy family -- (kid!SuJu)

Was there anything more relaxing than a light spring rain? Donghae didn’t figure there was as he and his best friend Hyukjae sat backwards on his couch watching the raindrops race each other down the window pane.

 

That is until he saw lightning crash through the light grey sky of the midday. Naturally both of them jumped, but Donghae was the only one who laughed afterward. It scared him for a second since he’d been so intently staring at the window.  But when Hae didn’t hear Hyuk laugh he turned to him.

 

The young boy had gone a bit frozen in the face and Donghae snapped his fingers in front of it to try and wake Hyukjae up from whereever he’d gone.

 

“Hyukkie. Earth to Hyukkie! Come back to me Hyukkie!” It was finally on that last one that Hyukkie did indeed come back from his intense zone out, frowning deeply.

 

A frown that did not get better when another crack of lightning went across the sky followed up by thunder so loud it shook the window. Hyukjae squeaked in fear, the color disappearing from his face before jumping from the couch and running for an inner room in Donghae’s house.

 

His eyes went wide as he watched his friend run away from the thunder and lightning. Oh no! Was his Hyukkie scared of storms!?

 

“HYUKKIE!” Donghae called out before running after his friend, “Wait up Hyukkie!” Dang that little monkey was fast! He had to look in 4 separate rooms before he finally found him underneath the desk in his father’s office.

 

“Awww…” It was so cute, oddly, that his monkey was so scared of the thunder like that. “Hyukkie don’t run away! I’ll protect you!” Donghae stood proud, fists on his hips like the best superman a 7 year old could be.

 

Until the lightning that hit this time caused the power to go out in the house, the grey sky having turned black as the storm got explosively worse extremely quick.

 

It took the fishy just a few seconds to fling himself underneath the desk with his best friend, the pair clinging to each other in the dark.

 

“Hae. I’m scared of storms.” Hyukjae ‘revealed’ to his best friend, face buried in his chest as he couldn’t help the tears that fell from his eyes, shaking every time the thunder got so loud the pictures seemed to rattle on the walls.

 

“I know Hyukkie.” Donghae replied, holding a protective hand against his friend’s head, “I think I am too.” Because it was really scary!

 

The pair remained there under the desk, eventually falling asleep even in the cramped position. They were comfortable because they were together.

 

They were so deep asleep even that they didn’t hear the door open and Donghae’s parents return home. Siwon and Hankyung had only meant to be gone for 30 minutes tops as they went to go fetch lunch for themselves and their son with his best friend, but the power went out while they were at the restaurant and they got stuck there longer.

 

Siwon was the one who freaked out when they couldn’t find HyukHae right away.

 

“Gege,” He said, a bad habit from when they’d first met back in China, “What are we going to do!? We’ve lost not only our son but  Kangin and Leeteuk’s as well!”

 

“Calm down Shi yaun.” Hankyung said in that wonderful voice of his, giving his husband a little side hug. “I’ll look for the children. You find the candles and flashlights, okay?” Divvy up the work and give Siwon something he can’t stress about.

 

Hankyung always knew just the right things to say. Siwon smiled, nodded and then gave his husband a kiss for good measure before being the reliable person he was and went to go find the flashlights they kept stored for instances like this. Hankyung on the other hand, using his ‘motherly’ instincts went to go find the children.

 

It didn’t take long. He’d heard from Leeteuk that Hyukjae had developed a fear of thunder and took to hiding underneath things because of it, so Hankyung wasn’t at all surprised when he found the pair of 7 year olds curled up with each other underneath Siwon’s desk in his office. It was cute, really, so cute, and if he hadn’t already set down his cell phone in the living room he probably would have taken a picture.

 

Carefully Hankyung picked up the pair of boys, who were somehow still asleep, and carried them out to the living room where Siwon was busy lighting candles.

 

“You found them!” He exclaimed, throwing his arms out as if he was looking for a hug but really he was just throwing his arms out in excitement.

 

“Shhh…” Hankyung replied, passing Donghae over to him before gently setting Hyukjae down on the couch, covering him with a blanket.

 

“Oh.” Holding his son like that, Siwon realized immediately that the pair was asleep and he laid him on the couch next to Hyukjae, pulling that blanket over him as well.

 

“They’re adorable like this.” Siwon told Hankyung then, moving to his side, putting an arm around his waist. Hankyung nodded in reply, letting his head come to rest on Siwon’s shoulder.

 

The beautiful moment was ruined by a loud crack of lightning, both adults jumping at the sound. However they just laughed afterward since they were startled, realizing they weren’t any better than the kids.

 

Each sat down on either side of the young’ens then, forming what could only be accurately described as a ‘protective cocoon’ around them, all four snuggled up on the couch together to save against the storm outside.

 

Considering the storm that was raging outside, inside the home of ShiHan there was nothing but contentment on that couch, young and old alike curled together for comfort.

 

 

A/N: My ending . u_u I know it does. I couldn't think of anything to write! ;o;