Chapter 8: "Kiss"

Can't you see me? (Just give me 30 days)

(A/N: Please listen to the songs linked in this chapter :) They really set the mood)

 

[Yoon Hye Sun's/ Your POV.]

"Hi ahjumma." I greeted the old owner of the music shop near our house.

She replied softly with a smile.  "Penny for your thoughts?"

I shrugged. "Yeah...you could say that." I forced a smile.

I always came to Mrs. Kwon's music shop when I was down or in a need of thinking. She was a kind ahjumma and she let me play the piano or the guitar, saying that I attracted customers with my music.

I sat on the piano chair, my fingers playing with the keys; my mind replaying the events that happened that morning.

[River Flows In You-Yiruma]

~Flashback~

I walked through the school's corridor, obviously empty since it was recess time.

Suddenly, someone grabbed me and pushed me to the lockers slaming his body -I was 99% sure that it was a boy- against mine.

I looked up. Lee Joon.

"Joon-sshi? W-what are you d-doing?"

He smirked, tucking some of my hair behind my ears. "Have you thought about what I said yesterday?"

I gulped hard. Of course I had thought about it. But it still made no sense to me.

I kept quiet. Out of the blue he grabbed my jaw and pulled his lips on mine.

I didn't respond; I was to shocked to do anything at the moment.

He opened my mouth forcefully for his tongue to roam about and left leaving a last on my lower lip. "I hope that helps you deciding."

Standing there, I let my back slide down the wall until by touched the floor.

Why didn't I like what I've always wanted?

~End of flashback~

 

My fingers kept on pressing on the keys until I finished the song.

Why would you want a boyfriend that forces you to kiss him? I thought our ideal type was a gentle, sensible boy. Snapped my conscience.

But he's Lee Joon. The Lee Joon. We've always liked him.

Oh, are you sure about that? Aren't first kisses supposed to feel like rainbows and sweets and give you goose bumps and all that ?

B-b-but...

Look girl, grow some guts and forget him, okay? We both know -yeah you know it- that he'll play with any other girl he wants. You're just a game for him. Maybe even some weird bet. Why looking at you after 4 years?

I clenched my theeth. Yeah, I knew I was some doll. A game. Something to use and then throw away when he'd found a new target. Funny how my own conscience says the most harsh but true words.

Hey girl, it's my work okay? I'm the one to pull your feet back to the floor when you strive in putting your head in the clouds. Now I'm leaving, on a vacation. Don't go looking for me. And your phone is ringing. Pick it up and bye!

What?

I stepped out of my trance and it was true, my phone was ringing. It was a message from my brother.

From: Doodoo oppa ;)

To: Little Hye Sunnie :P

Hey where are you? We're at home and you weren't there.

Oh crap, I forgot to call my brother.

 

[Yang Yoseob's POV.]

"Hye Sunnie?" Doojoon hyung called from the door. There was no response. "YOON HYE SUN!" He yelled.

"Maybe she's asleep. Or she went out. She seemed really out of it today. You know that when she has something in mind, she tends to go out." Said Junhyung hyung calmly, throwing his jacket at the sofa.

Doojoon sighed. "Aish, this sis of mine...I'll text her."

I waited patienly. If someone had to go fetching her, then that be me. Yep, I had decided to put, seriously, my moves on her. Even if Doojoon killed me later.

I heard him sigh again. "She says that she's at that old music store in front of the soccer one." He explained. "Guys, could somebody go pick her up? I have to finish a science project. Due...tomorrow." He laughed a bit, scratching the back of his neck.

Thank you Mrs Lee for being so strict and putting projects. Thank you.

"I'll go." I said, smiling at him. He messed my hair and I grabbed my coat, opened the door and left.

~~~~~~~~

[Maybe-Yiruma]

I stood out in front of the showcase of the store with a smile painted on my face.

Hye Sun was playing the piano; her eyes closed.

She looked beautiful. Simple as that. I could've gone on and on about how perfect and flawless she looked but that wouldn't be any fun, right?

I opened the main door of the shop, the beautiful melody flooding my ears.

The ahjumma in the shop's counter bowed at me with a smile and I returned the gesture.

I leaned on one of the sides of the piano, waiting patiently for Sunnie to finish the beautiful piece.

Her fingers played the last notes and she opened her eyes slowly. She saw me and blushed.

"Uh oh oppa!" She said nervously, making me laugh. Iknew that she didn't play in front of anyone because she said that her skills were horrible though it was not true (or so Doojoon told us).

"Should we go home?" I said, holding my hand in front of her. She took it and we left the store.

~~~~~~~~

[Cherish That Person-Yoseob]

The walk home was obnoxiously quiet and I was starting to grew worried.

I stopped in my tracks and hald her hands in mine. "Is there something wrong, Sunnie?"

"Ye- I mean no....ugh...."She stuttered.

I smiled, caressing her cheek. "You can tell me all you want, you know it." All felt like some kind of fairytale. A one sided fairytale, that's it, but it still felt nice.

"Uh...O-Oppa...unmmm....H-how are you s-supposed to feel when somebody k-kisses you?" She said, hiding her face.

I already began shedding tears. Yoseob, you already knew it. It's impossible for her to like you.

"Well...y-you feel l-like..." I didn't know how to respond and I grew frustrated. 

And, out of frustration, I kissed her.

At that single moment, I didn't care about anything.

Even if she slapped me later, or if she hated me  for the rest of her life, nothing mattered.

Because, even if it was just for a second, even if someone had already claimed her lips, she was mine for a fleeting moment, and her lips moved along mine.

And that's all I needed.

                                                                            

Hi readers ;)

First of all:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YANG YODA!

Okay, this chap is, in my opinion, the best and longest chapters I've ever written.

kekeke~And the conscience/Hye Sun convo is inspired in me, 'cause my conscience is a lol.

 Comment&Subscribe