Chapter 4

Two Heart Wreckers

You scrunch your nose as you bit the top of your pen. You have been staring at your paper for the past ten minutes and you are still stuck at the second question. I don't understand this . Who the hell invented math? You ran your fingers through your hair smoothly and leaned back on the chair. You wanted to give up when Lay turned around and said, "Need help?" You pouted slightly and nodded, clasping your hands together, looking like a sad puppy. He chuckled and scribbled a quick note on a piece of rough paper before passing it to you. On the note, it wrote: 'I willingly volunteer to be your math tutor ;) after school in the library?' A smile was plastered on your face as you replied back on the note: 'Deal!' You lightly knocked on his chair to catch his attention before slipping the paper into his hands. "The two loverbirds there, pay attention please." Your math teacher, Mr.Kim's voice boomed. The other kids started "Oooooo~"-ing and you looked down at your lap, feeling your cheeks burn more than ever.

[Lay's POV]

You could hear Jieun frustrated muffles behind you. You turned around and asked if she needed help and when she looked adorable showing that puppy face. You wanted to pinch her puffy cheeks and kiss them. You made a mental note to do that someday as you quickly found a useless scrap of paper. As much as you wanted to show her your best handwriting, you scribbled quickly as you do not want to get caught by Mr.Kim. You felt elated when she agreed to a study date and you can't wait for all classes to be over. "The two lovebirds there, pay attention please." You blinked and realised Mr.Kim was talking about you and Jieun. Turning red, you pretended to be working on some math sums, trying to ignore all the "ooohh"s and "aahhh"s.

~

You are definitely not much looking to your next class either. English again. That Kai kid again. Urgh. You scurried off to english class with Ms Anna. Thank god the teacher is nice. As you entered into the class before the bell rings, you saw Kai scrolling through his phone with a still face. He seems to not have any facial muscles. Not smiling. Not frowning either. Not to mention laughing. You approached quietly and sat down, turning your head left and right, looking at the whole class. A few moments later, Ms Anna walked in and started the class. She announced, "All of you will be given a project to work on by the end of next month. Your job is to find the history of any countries you like and compile them into an information slide. I'll be working with your history teacher as well to grade this assignment and take note that marks are awarded in terms of your presentation and how interesting it is! Pleased to tell you that your working partners will be the your deskmate!" Your jaw hung wide open. Deskmate? You glanced at Kai and you realised he was already looking at you. You gulped and looked away. Damn.

~

[At the library]

You plugged in your headphones and listened to your playlist while waiting for Lay. Classes ended a little earlier and you had made your way up to the school library first. Your phone vibrated and you picked it up. You thought it was Lay or Hyeri when to your surprise, it was Kai. After english class just now, both of you exchanged numbers in order to contact each other for the project work. You wanted to get to know him a little more better but before you even get the chance to talk, he had already walk away coldly after getting your number. You sighed as the flashback played in your head. Kai sent you a short message: 'Tomorrow. Study corner. 2pm.' You made a face. "So rude! Not even asking if I'm free! Hmph." "Who made our Jieun angry?" You felt some one ruffling your hair playfully. It was Lay. You giggled and put away your phone. "Nothingg. Just an annoying project partner." He chuckled. "Let's get started shall we?" "Oh before that, what is a study corner? We have something like that in our school?" You asked, remembering Kai's message. "Yeah. I've seen it when i was walking to one of my classes. It's right on the first floor opposite of the cafeteria." You nodded your head. "Gomawo Lay! We can start now!"

"And one other thing before we start." Lay was looking right into your eyes. Your heart thumped. "Y-yeah?" "Im older than you by a year, so call me oppa." He smiled, making his dimple show its appearance again. You smiled back shyly. "Ne, L..I mean, oppa!"


Ahem. Just to add a little entertainment :3