Chapter 2

Two Heart Wreckers

[Your POV]

This is it. A new life in a new school. I miss my friends in Seoul already. *sighs*

~

"Heyy, why are you sighing? Smilee!" Lay pats your head and smiles, showing that dimple of his. You smiled back and nodded your head. It's good to at least have someone you know here. Or else you'll just be like a frightened chicken in this school. You glanced at your schedule in your hands. "First class, english. Room 2-04. Where's that.." You felt slightly anxious and scared. This whole place is like a new planet to you. You poked Lay's side lightly and looked up into his eyes. Lay sensed your nervousness and gave you a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. You'll be fine." You can't help feeling tensed and all and start to bite your lips. "Do I have any classes with you?" Please say yes..

Lay scanned his eyes across his own schedule then to yours. "Ermm...yeah, one! Math!" You groaned. "Only one?" He chuckled and ruffled your hair. "You'll make new friends soon Jieun ah!" The other reason you groaned was probably because Math was your least favourite subject. Most hated one, you like to say. Math only means, mental abuse to humans. You waved goodbye to Lay as you made your way up to the second floor. You firgured up the first number should be the levels. Not to mention this school was probably twice the size of your school back in Seoul. Thank god this was a international school, there were obvious korean students around.

As soon as you found your class, you felt the butterflies in your stomach again. And they seem to be battling out or something cause you never felt so nervous in your entire life. Except that time when your elementary school crush saw you trip over your own shoelaces. Well, that was embarrassing.. Or that time when you had to sing in front of the whole class during music. God..that was way scarier. You pushed those thoughts away back into a hidden corner of your brain and took a deep breath. You bravely knocked the door a few times and bowed politely. "G-Good morning." A lady with a warm smile greeted you. "You must be Park Jieun. I am your english teacher and you may call me Ms Anna." You showed a tiny smile and nodded. She gestured you to come in and you did, standing right beside her and facing your new class.

 

"Class. I now introduce you to your new classmate, Park Jieun! Please welcome her warmly!" They clapped for you and you felt your cheeks burn a little.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Park Jieun imnida. Bangabseubnida!" You tried your best to loosen up a bit and waved. Then you met eye with a guy. Unlike Lay, his face was cold with a death stare that made you shudder. He is looking as if what is happening now doesn't concern him. Maybe it doesn't but still. You are going to join his class. The rest either judged you from head to toe or smiled back. Some guys even winked and smirked at you. Okay. You feel scared. "Jieun, you may sit right next to Kai." You were wondering who is that when you noticed there is only one empty seat. And that is the one next to the cold boy. . Why him. You don't feel good at all. "H-hi?" You managed to say as you took a seat carefully beside him. He shot you yet another cold look, which definitely made you shut your mouth.

When class ended, you scurried out of the room almost immediately. You can't wait to see Lay. He's the only friend around here that you know. You spent fifteen minutes searching for your locker and then one minute complaining to yourself. "Why is this school so big. Urgh. And this locker won't open!" You stared at the locker in front of you, frustrated. "Haha let me help you!" You turned around, surprised by the voice behind you. A short haired girl smiled at you. "The trick is to just hit it." She slammed your locker with force and it opened like magic. You laughed. "Oh wow, thank you! Im Jieun." You offered a handshake and she took it. "I know, I am Hyeri, from your english class earlier." You took a closer look at her and she was really pretty.

"Jieun!" You heard a familiar voice callin you. You spunned your head around and saw Lay. "Layyy! Oh my god you had no idea how scary just now was!" You babbled on and on, forgetting about Hyeri behind you. She stood behind you and smiled awkwardly at Lay. Lay could only laugh till you finished your story. "Umm, Hi. Im Hyeri." You mentally slapped yourself. "Oh right. She's Hyeri. He's Lay." "Nice to meet you Hyeri." Lay showed the dimple again. You felt your heart beat faster. Hyeri saw you staring at him and nudged you playfully. "Your..boyfriend?" Both Lay and you blushed. "N-noo!" Hyeri linked arms with you and whispered next to your ear, "You can tell me more about it later." Your cheeks turned into a brighter shade of red.

 


There's a reason why Lay is my bias. You cute omg.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! So you, or rather jieun met Kai already. Cold beast huh. More lovey dovey moments of Lay and Jieun to come. But Kai's presence will be just urgh. Cos he is kinda y too ;)