A Fresh Start

Idol and Peasant

the walk to the ice cream cafe took forever; perhaps it was because of seulgi's heavy heart at that time. she kept on thinking of what taehyun said that time at the school corridor...

"seulgi! you're finally here! what took you so lo— oh? you're wearing the necklace..." sehun's words trailed off as he spotted the necklace hanging on seulgi's neck.

seulgi sat down, took a deep breath, and said, "yes, i've come to a decision that... i want to be with you. i can't forget taehyun immediately... so please give me some time."

"no problem. i understand." sehun replied with a smile.

"but... can you help me with something?" seulgi continued after a few seconds of dead silence.

"sure! if i can do it, i will do it." sehun replied enthusiastically.

"i... i want to tell taehyun about our relationship but i can't tell him directly... can you help me?" seulgi's voice faltered.

sehun nodded his head and said, "don't worry. just wait for me at the school gate tomorrow."

the next day at school...

the end-of-school bell finally rang and everyone rushed out of class as there was a lot of homework to be completed today. seulgi was walking to the school gate, when taehyun suddenly caught up with her.

"where did you go yesterday? i called you so many times but you didn't pick up." taehyun asked worriedly as he grabbed seulgi by the wrist.

"didn't i say before that whatever happens to me is none of your business anymore?" seulgi replied annoyingly as she shook off her hand.

"seriously, seulgi. what's wrong with you recently? why are you treating me like that?" taehyun blocked her way.

just as seulgi was about to turn around and escape from taehyun, sehun came from the school gate and grabbed seulgi's hand. they interlocked their fingers.

"nam taehyun! what are you doing with my girlfriend?" sehun spoke angrily.

"i didn't— what? girlfriend? tsk since when did seulgi become your girlfriend?" taehyun said arrogantly.

"since yesterday." sehun smirked.

sehun's words agitated taehyun and they were about to get into a fight when seulgi came into the middle and stopped them.

"nam taehyun. what's wrong with me getting a boyfriend? why do you have to care so much? and don't you have a fiancée already? so why are you bothering me?" seulgi defended sehun.

"i already explained to you, she—" taehyun tried explaining.

before he could continue, sehun pulled seulgi away. hand in hand, they walked to the bus stop together. seulgi turned her head back to look at taehyun, before the two disappeared into the distance.

"seulgi-ah... why do you want to be with him when you actually confessed to me already... i'll make sure that i will snatch you from him..." taehyun mumbled to himself.