Ice Cream Date

Idol and Peasant

the next day, seulgi woke up around afternoon with puffy eyes; her energy was drained out from the excessive crying. after washing up, she decided to do what most girls do when they're heartbroken - find someone to have ice cream with.

"oh... se... hun..." seulgi mumbled as she scrolled through her contacts.

"yeoboseyo? seulgi?" sehun spoke on the other line.

"i just called you to ask... care for an ice cream date?" seulgi hesitated; it had been some time she last spoke to him.

"sure. at the old place?" sehun replied almost immediately.

"mm hmm. see you there."

soon after, both seulgi and sehun arrived at the ice cream cafe. 

"i'd like two scoops of chocolate mint, please. what about you, seulgi? i'll treat you today." 

"three scoops of strawberry, two scoops of vanilla please. thank you."

seulgi saundered to a seat at one corner of the cafe, dragging her feet along as if they weighted 100 tons. after a while, sehun brought the ice cream to the table. as soon as her ice cream was put down in front of her, seulgi started digging in as if she hadn't eaten for a very long time.

"but... seulgi-ah... is there something wrong? why did you ask me out for ice cream all of a sudden?" sehun started.

sehun knew that seulgi wouldn't eat ice cream for no reason; she wasn't someone who loved ice cream. in fact, she would only eat ice cream whenever she was really, really upset. and how did sehun know this? yes, you may have guessed - sehun is another one of seulgi's best friends from childhood. taehyun, seulgi and sehun were the best of friends ever since kindergarten. however, ever since taehyun became a trainee under yg, they rarely met up. now back to sehun - even though he was only there for seulgi whenever taehyun wasn't around, but when he cared for seulgi, he really cared for her a lot. why? because he liked her, too.

"n... nothing. i just felt bored." seulgi stammered.

"ya pabo ya. don't lie to me, you think i forgotten? you only eat ice cream when you're upset." sehun probed.

seulgi hesitated for a while, before replying, "you don't know? taehyun... he is getting married..."

"ahh... i didn't know... that rascal didn't even tell me..." 

since young, sehun could tell that seulgi liked taehyun more. she always hung out with taehyun more than she did with sehun.

"seulgi-ah... do you want to try forgetting taehyun?"

"hmm?"

"be my girlfriend."