Memories

Idol and Peasant

fi... fi... fianceé?

in that instant, seulgi felt like the whole word crumbled down on her. she didn't know why, but the moment she saw the word fianceé, her heart ached a lot. just as the first drop of tear rolled down her cheek, those memories started coming back to her.

-

girl: oppa, what's your dream?

boy: me? hmm... my dream is to become a singer! i want to use my voice to spread happiness to people~

girl: but doesn't that mean we won't get to meet as often? please don't leave me, oppa...

boy: /pats the girl's head/ you silly girl, when has oppa ever left you?

girl: promise?

boy: promise.

-


boy: look, see how big and vast the ocean is?

girl: yes! why?

boy: that's how great my love is for you.

girl: b... but if oppa's love for me is as big and as vast as the ocean, then my love for oppa is... umm... as big as the galaxy!

-

boy: remember when you asked me what's my dream?

girl: yeah?

boy: what's your dream then?

girl: hmm... my dream is... is... to be oppa's manager when you become a singer so that i can be with you forever!

-

girl: oppa... where are you? i'm alone... i'm scared...

boy: don't worry, i'll be there soon. wait for me and don't go anywhere!

soon after, the boy arrived and defended her from the bullies. although he managed to drive them away, he was quite badly hurt. the girl asked him if he was okay. even though he was in pain, he forced a smile on his face and nodded.

-

seulgi was both happy and heartbroken at those memories. happy - because of all the great memories; heartbroken - because she knew that she would have to forget those memories soon as the boy already had a fianceé. yes. that boy, is taehyun.

seulgi and taehyun were the best of friends during their childhood. they spent most of their free time together. whenever seulgi was happy, taehyun would be happy together with her. whenever seulgi was upset, taehyun would comfort her and be upset too, for he cared for her so deeply.

the thing was; they both liked each other, but did not have the guts to confess. everytime wendy teased seulgi about liking taehyun, she denied by saying that he was annoying - after all, she couldn't let anyone know.

and now? taehyun is a superstar. it was even more impossible for them to be together. seulgi knew the consequences. if she and taehyun were to be together, she would be bashed by taehyun's fans - for reasons we all know.

me, 8:12:03 - mina-ssi, please help me give my well wishes to taehyun... this idiot... he didn't even tell me he had a fianceé...

congrats nam pabo, you finally found the woman of your life...

just then, there was a knock on the main door.