Sorry and Goodbye

Idol and Peasant

nam... taehyun... cancelled... his... engagement? but why...

after a quick relief at the toilet, seulgi washed her hands and was about to leave when she heard two girls' conversation:

"have you heard? nam taehyun cancelled his engagement!"

"omg are you serious? why did he cancel it?"

"i don't know if it's true, but according to some media outlets and rumors, apparently he cancelled it because of some childhood friend!"

heol... it can't be... i clearly heard him saying that he was just making use of me... ah whatever it's just a rumor...

sehun noticed that seulgi's face was a little bit pale after she returned from the toilet.

"did something... happen?" sehun was pretty concerned.

"no... nothing happened." seulgi replied softly.

"stop lying to me. i know something happened." sehun said firmly.

seulgi whipped out her phone and went back to the same webpage to show sehun the article headline.

"ahhh so that's what happened..." sehun was obviously kind of disappointed - seulgi clearly hadn't forgotten about taehyun yet.

with a deep breath and a fake smile, seulgi replied, "but still, i'm fine. don't worry. oh, where are we going next?"

sehun acted as if he was assured by what seulgi said, though he knew that deep inside, seulgi had mixed feelings at that moment.

"hmm... i'm a bit tired... why don't we just call it a day? i can tell that you're quite tired too." sehun said, his right hand on seulgi's left cheek.

"okay then... goodbye!" seulgi tried exclaiming to cover up her feelings.

for the next few months, sehun and seulgi just maintained their normal relationship; there was no progress between the two at all. until one day...

"sehun-ah... shall we go to myeongdong today? i haven't been there for quite some time." seulgi suggested.

"okay! we could also have some bbq meat there too!" sehun was excited at the thought of going to myeongdong.

the couple strolled the streets of myeongdong and visited every store that caught their attention. as sehun suggested, they went to a bbq shop for lunch. afterwards, they went to a soft toy shop. seulgi looked around, and a rabbit soft toy caught her eye. it was a beautiful shade of yellowish white, wearing a baby pink dress and a matching ribbon on its head.

"this one's beautiful - i could use it as my room deco! what do you think, sehun?" seulgi spoke as she looked up and saw sehun staring at her.

"w... why are you looking at me like th... that?" seulgi stuttered.

without a reply, sehun leaned in on seulgi and gave her a kiss. at first, seulgi struggled to break free, but soon, she just let her body loose. their kiss was about to get passionate when realization suddenly hit seulgi. she dropped the rabbit soft toy in her hands and ran. she ran, and ran... all the way back home.

many thoughts ran through seulgi's head. all the memories - her happy times with taehyun, how she and sehun got together... then she made a decision.

picking up her phone from the side table, she went to the messages app, tapped on her conversation with sehun, and in the text box, she typed:

sehun-ah... i've did a lot of thinking these few days... and... and i realized that when we go out for a date, no matter how much i try to enjoy the moment with you, i just can't take taehyun off my mind... so, you know what i'm driving at, right...? thank you for the fun you gave me for those few dates that we had. i'm sorry, and, goodbye...