Decisions

Idol and Peasant

"w... wh... what are you t... talking about?" seulgi stuttered, startled by sehun's words.

sehun sighed and took a deep breath, "alright, since we've come to this stage... i'll confess. ever since we met, i started liking you. it was love at first sight. however, i could see that you liked taehyun because you hung out with him a lot. i didn't want to disrupt your happiness because they say loving someone is watching her being happy. but now, since that just happened... i know i don't really take care of you as much as taehyun does, but... may i?"

seulgi was lost for words. two guys fighting for one girl? it was something she only saw in dramas, and never expected it to happen on herself.

"b... but..." seulgi started.

"i know you're shocked and all and i totally understand. i don't need you to give me an immediate reply..." sehun's words trailed off as he reached into his pocket for something.

it was a necklace - one that had an eiffel tower pendant.

"here... this necklace... if you've thought it through and want to be with me, wear this necklace when we meet again like this next time. if you don't want to be with me... then you can just return it to me." sehun explained.

"o... okay. i will give it a thought." seulgi replied, still shocked by the fact that sehun confessed to her.

the next day at school was hectic as it was a monday. lessons with only a total of one hour break for recess and lunch were followed by two hours of enrichment classes. every second passed by like hours, but finally, it was the end of the day.

"bye, wendy. see you tomorrow!" seulgi waved to her best friend.

she walked down the long aisle of lockers, and finally reached the end. she was about to make a left turn to the school gate when she heard someone talking on the phone suspiciously on the other side. seulgi snuck up behind the wall and eavesdropped.

"hyung..." the voice started speaking.

hmm? isn't that taehyun?

"you think i really like her? i was only making use of her to make scandals and gain fame for myself, that's all. how could i like a girl like her? tsk." taehyun spoke.

the 'her' that he was saying... is he referring to me? he... he is only making use of me to gain fame? how could he...

heartbroken, seulgi ran off to the school gate. instead of taking the bus, she decided to take a stroll back home. upon arriving home, seulgi headed straight to her room. slamming the door behind her, she slid down the door and ended up sitting on the floor. once again, she started weeping uncontrollably. after nearly half an hour of crying, she had came to a decision. seulgi dialed sehun's number.

"sehun? i've came to a decision. let's meet the ice cream cafe yesterday." seulgi spoke in between sniffings.

"okay. see you there!" sehun replied.

seulgi reached out for the necklace kept in the drawer. taking a deep breath, she put it on.