Isn't It Time?

Idol and Peasant

2 and a half years later.

it was a monday. the sky was amazon blue, the clouds were fluffy and white. but nothing can chase away the monday blues.

seulgi's daily routine repeated itself again. wake up, wash up, get changed, breakfast, work, dinner, bathe, sleep. this routine repeated 24/5. but of course, seulgi was never tired of this routine, for the job was one that she loved a lot. it was her dream job - a nurse.

seulgi loved to help people, and she liked to see the smile on people's faces when they got well. though she had to face death almost everyday, she was okay with it. seulgi had a burning passion for nursing. half a year into the job and she was promoted to be a nurse manager.

time always seemed to fly by so quickly everyday. before she knew it, it was already 8pm and time to go home.

"hello?"

"seulgi-ah! it's me, wendy! how have you been recently?"

"omg hi wendy! it's been a long time since we talked hahaha. i'm fine! and guess what? i've got my dream job as a nurse!"

"wow congrats girl! i'm so happy for you."

"hahaha thanks wendy! oh, talk to you later. i gotta bathe in order to refresh myself, i feel so tired!"

"hmm okay then. goodbye!"

and the line was cut. just as seulgi was about to turn around and lock the door, she felt someone backhugging her. the person's hands were wrapped around her waist, and his chin rested on seulgi's right shoulder. the hug was familiar and warm one. she smiled. she knew it was him.

"seulgi-ah, i'm back. isn't it time to... you know?"

seulgi turned around. indeed, it was him. nam taehyun was back. nothing about him changed. not even his face shape. taehyun's 5:5 hairstyle was still there. seulgi brushed his hair aside and gave him a light kiss on the lips. then, she wrapped her fingers around taehyun's neck and said:

"so... you're finally back. how did you know i live here?"

"there's nothing an idol in the republic of korea can't do."

"yah, nam taehyun. when should we... you know..."

"open up about our relationship?"

"yeah."

"how about tomorrow morning? i'll bring you to my sajangnim and tell him about us."

"sure."

a wide smile was spread across seulgi's face. taehyun, who was staring into her eyes all this while, smiled too. he loved it when she smiled. if she was happy, then he was happy too. if she smiled, then he would smile too. this, is called love. true love.

"but, seulgi-ah..."

"hmm?"

"can i stay at your house for the night?"

"yah nam taehyun, are you thinking of..."

"no way, seulgi! what are you thinking of?"

"hahaha i was just joking. of course you can stay here for the night."

"thanks."

taehyun leaned in for a kiss on seulgi's forehead.

"seulgi-ah, are you good at cooking?"

"of course! tteokbokki, spaghetti, ramen, bibimbap, ginseng chicken soup... i'm a mighty woman, okay?"

"hahahahaha then how about we make ginseng chicken soup for dinner? i haven't eaten since i touched down in seoul."

"we?"

"yeah, i'll help you."

"hehe okay. let me take a bath first."

"okay i'll go and prepare the ingredients first!"

and so, the night continued with giggles, chatting, and a sumptuous hearty dinner made by the both of them. a brand new day awaited the couple tomorrow.