Misunderstandings

Idol and Peasant

"who could it be at this hour..." seulgi mumbled as she wiped of the tears on her face and walked to the main door.

the door opened. standing in front of her, was a familiar figure. a figure that she could never see again after he got married.

"what are you doing here?" seulgi sniffed.

"were you crying? why?" taehyun asked with concern.

his thumb reached out to seulgi's face to wipe off the remaining tears. seulgi avoided him and tried to close the door. taehyun stopped the door in time.

"what's wrong with you? what exactly happened?" taehyun tried driving further.

"it's none of your business, and it won't be in the future." seulgi replied coldly, turning her back around.

"what on earth are you talking about? why won't your business be mine anymore in the future?" taehyun grabbed seulgi's hand and asked.

"don't act like nothing happened!" seulgi flammered up as she shook of her hand, trying to close the door yet again.

"ya, at least tell me what happened so i can stop bothering you! if you don't tell me what happened how can i be able to leave you alone?" taehyun started getting angry while blocking the door again.

"fine! you want me to tell you what happened uh? i'll tell you! since the time you saved me from those bullies when we were young, i started to take a liking to you. i never had the chance and courage to confess, because i was afraid i would lose you. but just now, i texted you to thank you for the fun time we had at the amusement park, and guess what? your fianceé replied me! do you know how hurt i was when i saw the word fianceé? my heart shattered into a million pieces! are you happy now?!" seulgi bursted out all at once.

"seulgi-ah... about my fianceé-" taehyun tried to explained.

"don't even try to explain," seulgi cut off his words, "oh, and congratulations. remember to give me your wedding invitation. i'll definitely attend your wedding."

finally, seulgi managed to close the door behind her. at that moment, her heart shattered even more. she ran to her bed and started weeping again.

on the other hand, taehyun, who was still outside the door, whipped out his phone and texted seulgi.

me, 8:20:59pm - seulgi-ah, remember when i went to the united states to study? when i was there, i met this girl and she turned out to be the daughter of the principal of the school i was studying at. she liked me a lot and constantly stuck around me. although i tried explaining to her that i didn't like her but that didn't even make her leave me. my parents misunderstood that i liked her too and hence forced me into this marriage. trust me, i don't like her...

"seulgi-ah, i won't marry her... wait for me."