Chapter 4 - Special Eunhyuk's Corner

Defying Life's Boundaries

- Eunhyuk's POV -

I was wondering why Donghae seems sad and annoyed since were on the bus up until now there we are here. Maybe he didn't like to share seat and room with me. I was actually happy and excited when I found out that were roommate, he's actually looks ok with it at first coz he even smiled at me when he heard that were going to be together for the whole trip. I remembered that I almost dropped my jaw by his fishy eyes and irresistable lips when he smiled. Not until were halfway on our tour. He's face full off anguish and sourness. I can't even talk to him properly since he stop responding to any of my question and hints of starting a conversation with him. I think he was fed up with me. I always had this tendency to talk to much when I'm nervous, happy, and excited which is actually what I feel that time thinking the fact that were next to each other.

I won't like him this much if he didn't do what he did when we were in first year. Way back then I am a famous freshman. Famous for being bullied or bashed. They never quit calling me monkey and some throw things at me. I am a geek person which loves to study and explore things. They find me annoying coz I love asking too much question which I can't help since I'm curious about everything. One time I was walking to the gymnasium when one of my classmate called me, I didn't realized that they are planning to bully me again. Look back smiling thinking that they want to talk to me. To my surprise they start throwing trash on me. I sat down and hugged myself when they suddenly stop and heard the most scariest voice I ever heard.

"Stop! You're not doing any good! Go away you dim witted tards!" the guy shouted. My classmates panickly ran away in different directions. He offered his hand for me to stand up.

I took his hand to stand and then sweep all the dirt that got into me. I look at him to thank him for what he did but to my surpise I saw a bruise and a blood right above his head. I was shock and stunned.

"One of the guy is about to throw his shoes on you but lucky my head got it first" he said smiling as if the wounds doesn't sting at all. I was moved by his kindess so I start to sob.

"Hey! I didn't do anything to you. Why are you crying? Hey. hey" He said worriedly shaking me to look at him. I gazed up still crying and muffled  "You are the first person who showed me kindness in this school and I will never forget it" I managed to say in between sobs.

"I'm the one who's hurt here so please stop crying and bring me to the clinic to clean this thing up" he said jokingly while pointing the wound on his head. I nodded and stop crying. He smile and offered his hand again, "By the way I'm Donghae!" he said. I gladly accept his hand and shake it and almost inaudibly replied "Eunhyukkie!" while I bowed down coz of shyness building up inside. "What? Monkey? You're name is monkey?!" He laugh, I got a bit frustrated and said sternly, "I said Eunhyukkie! EUNHYUNK-KIE! Anyway your name suits you since you look like fish! A cute fish!" I added and we both laugh our hearts out while heading towards the clinic.

We never really got close after that incident since we have different set of friends. I rarely see him at school since he's very active in sports and other extra-curricular activities while me is busy with my academics since I'm running for valedictorian. How I wish we can still laugh like that together especially now that we were given a chance to work and bond together.

Were on the lobby waiting for our keys to be distrubuted. The organizers prioritizes the junior so they are all busy fooling around looking for the room number they are assigned to stay. While we the seniors are sitting here waiting for our turns. Were all feel tired during the trip so thinking about the cushy bed makes me feel sleepy and groggy plus his guy sitting next to me sulking for almost an hour makes me feel uncomfortable and grew more tired.
 
"Is everything ok?" I attempt to start a conversation with him again.

"Huh?" he replied as if he was into a deep trance and didn't even recognized my existence.

"I said if your ok? You're sulking for more than an hour. Is there any problem?" I repeated and take the chance since he chose to respond. Finally!

"Yeah I'm fine. It just that I feel tired and sleepy" he explained sternly.

"If you like we can buy some energy drink at the shop near here at least boost your energy." I encourage him to stand up but he declined shaking his head. "Come on! Don't just sit there" I insisted.

"I'm fine here, go get yourself a drink coz I'm not thristy after all" he said.

"Then you might want to eat something? Here I have cookies that we-" I was about to offer him my cookies but cut off when he suddenly stand up and look at me intently.

"If you can't just do anything with yourself and to your boredom don't include me in it. I have no time dealing with your monkiness! Go eat your cookies all by yourself!" he shouted before he walks away.

I felt a lump on my throat and my eyes get blurry and cloudy. I was stunned not expecting that I can hear those words from my ultimate crush since
first year high school. I just bowed my head to hide the tears the starting to fall off my face. I don't think I have any chance of being close to him. My four years dream of being with him just for a moment will not going to happen. I must now accept the fact that I am leaving without any chance of being loved by someone I treasured the most. The one who saves me when I'm in need is also the one who now wants to get rid of me. Reality check he's guys and so do I. No possibilities to be together. Zero probability.