Chapter 1

Defying Life's Boundaries

In a bright, spacey room there are two figures sitting and talking intimately. One sitting in a swivel chair, wearing a green long sleeve with a moss green necktie topped with a very white lab gown that has a pinned name plate which read something like "Choi, Siwon M.D Neurologist". One is sitting on the opposite side of the table looking all desperate and teary. "I'm sorry sir but that's all we can do" the doctor said. "But how I'm gonna tell my dad about this? I'm too young for this." the guys said while crying. "We already did the brain test twice and we already gave you the therapy but the sickness seems persistent." Siwon answered, "You'll still continue living your remaining days with helping and loving people around you. With that you can leave them peacefully. I'm saying all this because I don't want to give you false hope. It is because I want you to maximize everything that remains in you." he continued. The guy just plopped his head down and keep on crying trying to absorb every bit of everything he heard right now. Everything gets dark and everything seems sad and lonely.
                                                                                                                          #0-0#0-0#
- Ryeowook's POV -


I ran so fast to the light to escape the darkness that enveloping everything around me. I tried so hard to reach the light, and when I reached it I saw my dad's face smiling in front of me.

“Wookie~ah wake up now time to school!” Appa said sweetly, “Breakfast is ready!” he continued still smiling showing his dimples.

“Teukie~ Appa! I had a bad dream need hugs~” I said sing sang and a bit scared.

Appa hugged me so dearly and I feel his love and energy which gives me strength to stand up and face the day ahead.

“Now stand up and prepare!” he let go and pull me up, “Go take a bath Wookie, I'll be in the kitchen preparing the table. Move” he tapped my head before he gone outside my room.

I go to the bathroom and do my daily routine after getting dressed up and ready to school, my appa and I ate our breakfast together.

It's a bright sunny day! I step out of the front door and look up in the sky,  smile,  and stretch my arms up.

“Ahhhh! The day should start happy and hopeful!” I said enthusiastically. School here I come!

I walked down the alley and greet everyone in a way and they greeted me back merrily. I really love these people around me coz they are funny, happy, and helpful. I continue walking when someone tugged my back which got me almost falling off the ground but luckily I got my balance and remain standing. I turned my head and saw my bestfriend giving me his fishy look.

“Yah! I almost fell! Want me to fry you?!” I said with a serious and i-will-do-it tone.

“I'm sorry Wookie~ Please don't fry me.” he said all aegyo and then he hugged me so tightly, “Good morning! Let's go to school together!” he continued.

“Donghae~ I'm just kidding [laughs]. Come on lets get moving” tugging him and we walked to school shoulder to shoulder.

When we reached our school my expectations seems right after all. First day is always noisy, full of people walking around the school, and some where confused which room to go especially froshmen. I'm in third year highschool now while my bestfriend Donghae is already on his 4th year which means we only have one more year to spend together in school. That thought makes me feel sad and teary since Donghae is my closest person that I have, and my day is not complete without him. He always makes me smile when I'm sad. He's actually good in comforting people. He loves teasing me but he knows when to stop. I really can't imagine school and life without him. I can't show him how much I want him to stay coz I want him to reach for his goal and not to stuck with me achiving nothing.

"Penny for your thought?" I heard Donghae said directly looking at me.

- Donghae's POV -

"The school is always like this every first day! It's kinda messy but I love it! It felt that every corner of this school is very much alive" I blurted out while observing the whole campus. "Right Wookie?" I look at him smiling but to my disappointment he looks like he didn't pay much attention. I stared at him for a moment, memorizing every part of his face. Should I tell him what I found out yesterday? Will he be ok if I told him that I am leaving him sooner? As I observe him I saw a trace of sadness in his eyes, my heart tighted and in pain seeing him in this state.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I said making my voice deeper so I can dig in to his trance. I can't stand the look in his face so I need to distract him for a while.

"Huh? Ah I was just thinking if we-I can make it this year without falling a subject" he said smiling but I know that he is lying. I don't want him to think again what he was thinking a while ago so I decided to pretend that I believe him.

"What are you talking about? You're the smartest student in your batch! Wookie-ah what got into you?" I said while putting my arms around his shoulder as we continue walking to the corridor.

It's always the way we treat each other, me as his pillar and shelter while him is my strength and inspiration. I had this secret feelings for him that I realize last summer while we separated for 4 weeks. I found out how special him for me. That I can't stand a day or two without seeing him. Through all this years I thought what I feel for him is just pure brotherly love, but that proves me wrong coz what I feel for him is more than that.

"Wookie-ah! If ever you feel lonely and I'm not beside you just go to the biology lab and stare at those fishes in the aquarium and think that they are my messenger. Tell them anything and surely I'll know it." I told him lovingly.

What happens next is none of everything I expected. He hugged me so tight, buried his face on my chest and sob. I panicked I don't know if I said something wrong. Ugh! Me and my fishy mouth.

"I will surely miss you hyung!" he said while his face still buried on my chest. I tapped his back and tried to sound as joyful as I can be.

"Wookie-ah! I can still pay you a visit every week, besides we still have one year to spend together so let's make the best out of it" I said. He lifted his face and look at me smiling.

"Thanks hyung! Saranghae!" he said innocently. My heart skips a bit hearing that word from him. I know that he's saying that as he expresses his brotherly love towards me but the effect of it in me is beyond happiness and colorful.

We continue walking towards his classroom. It's been our routine that I walk with him in his classroom before to my own class. We passed through the locker room and take the stairs to second floor. Juniors' classroom is on the third floor while we, the seniors' is on top floor. After walking for minutes we already reached his classroom.

"Thanks fishy fishy! See you later!" He said smiling and waving.

I wait for him to sit before I decide to go. School is really my favorite place but that's not always as perfect as ever since there is one person I don't like the most. I saw Wookie sitting on his place but the guy he sitting with is the person I hate the most. His the person that makes Wookie cry everyday but still Wookie treats him special. I hate him for making Wookie sad but still gets the love from the latter. That person is none other than the bulliest and evil Kyuhyun!