Pie's POV

WHY CAN'T I LOVE YOU?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: Reader View truncates several paragraphs, I highly recommend not to use that feature for this chapter due to the length of this one.     ---   Me, my bestfriends Puey and Jane, went to the restrooms after our last class. I craned my head out from the ladies room door for a slight view to spot check on Kim. And there she was, standing handsomely, waiting for me. I couldn't help myself from smiling, this most amazing person I have ever known never failed to fascinate me, even without doing anything. Of course she didn't know that. 

 

From afar, I could see her detective aura impatiently scanning my entire classroom.  I was amused by the view of her churning with full disappointment on her face when she couldn't find me. 

 

Not that I was a cruel person or something, it's just that... I loved seeing her cute grumpy face when I was out of her sight and yet still managed to stay as handsome as she had always been. And the thought of being loved by her - that feeling's just... heartwarming. 

 

I've always known that if she couldn't find me, she'd look for me or wait for me. And once I showed up in front of her, a contentment on her face would just beam with such satisfaction. Yup, that's my ever patient Kim. Everything about her and everything she does... gives me joy. And again she didn't know about this either. 

 

I slowly sneaked to where they were standing, hiding behind her and her bestfriend Zee. Funny how these two tomboys had a very poor detective capabilities, perhaps their fangirls were a huge plus on distracting them. 

 

And speaking of Kim's fangirls, I hate them! Really. However, in these situations, they were somewhat helpful in a way for distraction purposes, and that's mainly it. 

 

But still, they're annoying, especially if they're acting cutesy, flirting and all, squealing and waving their hands at her as if that's the last time they see her, staring at Kim like they're stripping her off --oh how badly I wanted to flush them all in a toilet. Only if I could do that.

 

And a lot of them even have the nerve to ask me deliver their cards and gifts to her. Imagine that? I'm not their messenger! Hello?! 

 

And there were even instances I groaned for carrying a freaking plant! Why the heck did these stupid fangirls thought of something that heavy as a gift anyway?! I mean really? A plant? Aarggh. *pulling my hair in annoyance* 

 

I wouldn't be surprise if one day, some boneheaded girls would give Kim a tree. If that would ever happen, I swore I wouldn't think twice to hang them on it. 

 

And stupid Kim even accepted them because she loved plants! We have so much at home already. What was she planning to have anyway? A nursery? Kim was laughing at me whenever I complained about it and I wasn't very pleased about it. 

 

To be honest, I wanted so bad to give away those gifts, especially those heavy stupid plants, and there were occasions that I did give the girls' chocolates, cakes, goodies for Kim to the school cleaning crew. 

 

I'd tell Kim after when the girls would ask. I know I'm bad. But for my prince, she won't mind at all, again as long as it wasn't a darn plant. Of all gifts, she really had to keep the heaviest one eh. But so far amongst these fangirls, she hadn't liked anyone, thank goodness! 

 

Now going back, Jane and Puey were pulling my sleeves to stop my silliness, according to them, as I shushed both of them to cooperate with me. They already knew my trick, I giggled inaudibly at them as I struggled to shove their hands off me. 

 

I sneaked through behind Kim's steady back before I swiftly jumped on her for a piggy back ride. I loved doing this to her especially to surprise her. Not to mention, how I loved the warmth of her back felt on me. 

 

I couldn't help myself from chortling as she swayed a little while my legs were scrabbling to stabilize on her hips. As I held Kim's neck so I won't slip off her back, which almost upchucked her, *giggles*, she instantly grabbed my legs to lock them on her hips. She knew exactly how to hold me tight without making me fall. I'd say, she turned a pro on this piggy back ride.

 

"Looking for your beautiful princess, my prince?" I teased, rubbing my nose on her cheek.

 

“Oh my gosh Pie, will you stop acting like a seven year old? You're freaking seventeen already, girl! That's so unglamorous!” Ladies and gentlemen, that's my freaking gay bestfriend, Puey, scolding me. Darn this party-pooper Puey. 
 

“It’s okay, she’s still my baby princess. She can do anything she wants to me.” Kim chuckled and looked at me as she raised both brows in approval which made me squeal in gladness. Yay!

 

See? That's my Kim. I could do whatever I wanted. Not that she's spoiling me or something, it's just her sweetness and love were purely heart-melting. 

 

“Pie! Get your down from Kim’s back, you’re breaking the spine of my love!” Jane hissed, darting her finger at my temple, pressing it several times and yelling at me like an impatient mother. I swore I felt like something had gone deep on my head.  Too much poking perhaps created a hole on my skull. 

 

Surely Jane's term of endearment for Kim didn't go unnoticed with you guys. I loved Jane but hated it when she's claiming Kim as her possession. Kim wasn't even hers to begin with. Hello? Was she out of her mind?

 

Of course my antagonistic bestfriends were totally anti-fun. I had started suspecting they had turned themselves into anti-social cranks. I didn't even know how the three of us ended as bestfriends. These freaks yelled at me whenever they panic, treating me like a kid about  to do something stupid. Weren't they too young to act like old people with flaring high blood pressure? Strangely, they were pretty natural as if they'd reached that old age already.

 

So I screamed back at them, "HEY! You two are just jealous ‘coz you can’t jump on Kim’s back. Only me!” I bragged as I climbed down from Kim’s back.

 

I beamed a cheeky smile at Kim before she exchanged her sweet smile at me. She then automatically took my purple backpack to lighten up my carry on, as always, and slung it on her free shoulder before encircling her arm around me.

 

“Of course, your midget size won’t have issues with it. Duh?” Puey rolled his eyes in his most sophisticated diva way. Darn I so hated this girl-wanna-be boy. I wanted to twist his neck like how laundries were twisted and drained for drying. Yeah. That tight. Or even tighter.

 

“You’re such a mean, mean, size-discriminating gay friend, Puey! I hate you.” I pouted before I made a face at Kim as though searching for compassion, “Kim, they’re so mean to me.” I sulked my face at Kim's chest, acting like a cry baby. Hehehe. 

 

Kim patted my head with comfort, “It’s okay baby princess, you’re the most beautiful princess, and the cutest one of all.” 

 

She lifted my head to meet her eyes before gently rubbing her knuckles on my chin which she always had been doing when we were kids. And I smiled back at her with pl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter