Sisters

WHY CAN'T I LOVE YOU?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a long hectic day for Mr. & Mrs. Jittaleela to do all errands needed for Pie's parents. The Manaying couple had a special request to make the ceremony as private as possible. As wished in the will, cremation would be executed very privately and as soon as possible.

 

The Jittaleela couple was exhausted that day, from meeting the lawyer which was draining enough, going back & forth to the hospital for paperworks, to finalizing the requirements at the cemetery office. Going all through these processes wasn't easy at all. It wasn't about the burden of doing this kind of stuff. It was about the pain of losing people who were very dear to their heart, enough reason why they felt like they were carrying a heavy load inside.

 

After accomplishing the errands, there was still one thing left that had to be done. The most pain stabbing of all. Talking to Pie. How they wish they didn't have to go through to this kind of situation. It wasn't like they were blaming Pie's parents for giving them these troubles and huge responsibility. They were actually touched by the couple's full trust unto them. It was merely how and when to deliver the truth to Pie.

 

How they wish Pie would be old enough to understand everything. How they wish Pie would be strong enough to accept the truth. How they wish that the hurt won't leave a traumatic experience to her and haunt her with pain and agony of loneliness while growing up. With all these going on in their mind, the couple was very hesitant whether or not to tell an innocent child. But when? This was a big decision that's been bothering them so much since that terrible accident.

 

More questions started whirling in the couple’s minds. Would they be judged as selfish people if they'd hide the truth instead and wait until the right time? Would Pie blame them in the future when she'd eventually realize that they lied to her all those years? Would she be able to forgive them because they protected her from getting hurt at a very young age by hiding something important to her... important to her life? Regardless of telling Pie now or telling her several years later, still the pain would haunt her down. That was something the couple couldn't prevent neither control. But being as parents themselves, they knew they've got to do what they had to.

 

 

It was late afternoon that day when Daddy & Mommy Jittaleela came back home. As they were entering the house, Kim could identify the red paper bag flashing through her eyes. She knew exactly what were inside. She ran towards her mommy and excitedly reached the red bag full of pastries from their favorite bake shop before kissing her mommy and daddy on their cheeks. After a quick hug, she then carefully handed it over to one of the helpers. Kim took two pieces of pastry from the bag before the helper dismissed herself and headed to the kitchen.

 

Pie ran towards them and kissed and hugged Mommy and Daddy Jittaleela gladly. Her gaze didn’t leave the door frame. She was hoping her own parents would show up after them. As Kim excitedly handed to Pie the other pastry that she took earlier, Pie asked for her parents as she started realizing that no mommy and daddy would show at the door. She missed them already. She didn't remember that her parents mentioned to her if they'd go for a long business trip which they normally would. This time was different. She started looking for them, asking when are they coming back to get her. Mommy Jittaleela glanced at Daddy Jittaleela with worried eyes, her heart started to clench in pain again. Tears were trying their way to sneak through the corner of Mommy Jittaleela's eyes, but she was trying so hard to hold them back. It's too early to tell to this innocent one. Not now. Not yet. So Daddy Jittaleela asked Pie's nanny to bring her to the family room to watch her favorite cartoon channel. The parents called Air and Kim privately into their daddy's office room at the lower level of the mansion. As the girls followed their parents toward the room, Kim glanced at her sister Air, with a big question mark on her face. She got a little worried if she did something stupid which made their parents to talk to them privately. But Air was clueless too, and had the same confused expression as Kim.

 

Mommy and Daddy Jittaleela sat down at the long cream suede sofa inside his office, sandwiching Kim and Air in between them. Air sat beside their mom while Kim was sitting next to their dad. The couple looked at each other with a deep breath. Their mom was holding her chest trying to breathe normally. Their dad swallowed a lump in his throat pulling some courage to start the conversation. Air and Kim were both lost at the situation.

 

"Sweethearts..." Their mom was about to start.

 

"Mom, Dad, what's going on? Did we do something wrong?" Air, with a crease in between her forehead, politely asked. Her mind was having a conversation to herself that something was really not right since that unexpected call. Kim blinked while sitting in between her sister and their dad, also waiting for their parents' reply.

 

The Jittaleela couple knew that Air at her age could easily understand now. Kim on the other hand, was mature enough compared to her normal age. They also knew that these kids are emotionally strong to handle the news. So they thought it's time to let them know now since they'd need their help f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter