Who is She?

WHY CAN'T I LOVE YOU?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school bell rang which shoved the sea of students dispersing away from each classroom in the university where Pie and Kim were taking their respective college degree. Kim's taking Software Engineering while Pie's taking Business Administration in Finance. 

 

Despite of their class schedule gaps, Kim never failed to wait for Pie until her last class ended, except on very rare circumstances. She’d give Pie a ride and would fully content her heart only when she knew that her princess was home safely, seen by her own eyes. Kim had more confidence on doing this routinely and she’d only asked Uncle Ben’s service only when there was a need to do so. Her faithfulness in taking care of Pie never left her spirit. 

 

After driving Pie back home, she'd rush herself to her 2 hour so-called music class, not to mention the 3 hour class she had to manage over the weekend. These classes were taking so much of her time in a week. Who would spend serious hours on those classes that over took the major engineering classes? 

 

Pie had been baffling with Kim’s thrice, sometimes four times, a week music classes for years now. There were occasions that she'd invite herself to watch Kim during class lessons but Kim never lost her odd and sometimes stupid excuses to avoid Pie from doing so; lame excuses such as Kim's music teacher asked her to pick up the teacher's cats from a friend's house or bring her cats to the vet. What was she even doing with those freaking cats anyway? Learning music and attending someone's cats didn't make any sense, did it? 

 

She started questioning if Kim was learning at all. Considering Kim's interest in music since they were young should have made the learning process easy for her, shouldn't it? Kim couldn’t be screwing badly on that area which had to take that long for years now, could she? Kim had been doing this since she got her car as their parents’ birthday gift for her. Was Kim hiding something from Pie?

 

The good thing with Kim, she'd always make sure to be present during dinner time. She knew that Pie would surely wait for her. Despite of Pie’s monstrous-like tummy, she would always prefer to have dinner with her one and only Kim. 

 

---

 

Kim and Zee’s last class had ended ahead than Pie. As the two best buddy toms were hanging around on the bench of the BA building lobby, waiting for Pie’s class to end, Zee noticed a slender and pretty young lady whom had been staring to their direction quite awhile now. Zee shrugged off her cognizance at first. But she couldn’t help not to glance back every now and then, which broke the slender lady's gaze and looked away. There was something strange on that curly locked hair girl.  Zee thought.

 

Kim realized that her long time bestfriend had zoned herself out. She had been talking to her and she didn’t get any responses from Zee as if she was speaking to an invisible element. Zee wasn’t paying any attention to Kim at all. Kim wrinkled her brows as her gaze followed the direction of Zee’s steady gawp, only then she realized that her bestfriend fixed her eyes somewhere else, inappropriately.

 

“OWW! What was that for?” Zee groaned in pain, rubbing her arm that gained a hard punch from Kim.

 

“No wonder you’re not listening to me, your eyes are about to fall off from your head, you nut!” Kim scolded her bestfriend, shaking her head in disappointment. 

 

Zee scowled with a knitted brows, “Dammit dude, your punches are getting more violent eh. Stop going to those classes, will you? Otherwise, sooner or later I’m gonna end myself up in a hospital or worst straight in a casket.” Still massaging her newly swollen arm.

 

Kim pointed a finger at her friend as if yelling a rascally kid, “If your stare could melt things, I swear that girl had already lost her legs by now. Quit staring at her legs you !” 

 

“How did you even know that I was staring at her legs, unless you did the same.” Zee retorted with a raised brow in suspicion. 

 

“Don't change the topic.” Kim reached out the back of her palm and wiped away Zee's invisible slimy drool from her face. “Now close your damn mouth. You're embarrassing me.” 

 

“Stop it, dude.” Zee slapped Kim's hand, acting irritated. “She was the one staring in our direction. As a matter of fact, she was staring at you.” Zee grumped as she pointed a finger at Kim with full conviction. 

 

“Well, that doesn’t give you an excuse to drool over her legs like an idiot, does it?” Kim slapped Zee’s off guarded shoulder, with some strength.

 

“ARGH! You’re being violent again.” She complained as she rubbed her shoulder this time. But after a few seconds, she smirked evilly at Kim as she looped her arms flirtatiously around Kim’s shoulders. “Hey... Are you jealous?” Zee wriggled her brows teasingly, “You know that I love you, right? But... c’mon man! You know that we’ll never end up romantically, right? That's like... EWE!”  She gagged.

 

“Jerk!” Kim vigorously nudged an elbow at Zee's ribcage which made her wince in pain. “Dammit, I thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter