The Promise

WHY CAN'T I LOVE YOU?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim, Air, where are they going?" Little Pie curiously asked after realizing that Kim's parents left. From what the sisters Air & Kim understood their parents' instructions, they're not supposed to mention to Pie that her parents were in the hospital. 

 

Both of them didn't even know what really happened, so it was better not to say that much to Pie. All they knew was that their parents left a little while ago to visit and check on how were Pie's parents' condition. 

 

However, the heavy crying of their mommy and the anxiety that they saw from mommy and daddy's facial expressions implied something was not just right, and for them had gone to the hospital immediately was kinda scary. Hospitals were like the scariest place for kids to go compared to regular places like school, store, and church. The sound of the word hospital was already creepy to hear. No... no... Pie didn't have to hear hospital... Air thought.

 

Air butted in quickly before Kim could say something "Princess, Mommy and Daddy will check something from work. But they will be back soon, sweetie". Air gently shuffled Pie's hair and kissed her on the cheek. Kim played along with her elder sister's reply although in her mind she knew it didn't relate to work why their parents left the house and gone to the hospital.

 

"Princess, do you want to play in my room? C'mon let's go." Kim asked without waiting for Pie's response, she held her wrist and pulled her gently to go upstairs to her room. 

 

"Kim, don't forget to clean yourselves, change her with sleeping clothes and both of you brush your teeth ok?" Air as the eldest always had to remind these little ones as part of their night time routine. Kim nodded with a smile.

 

"Kim, what are we gonna play?" Pie asked.

 

"Toothbrush sword fight." There's no way for her to make this little princess brush her teeth without tricking her through a game plan. 

 

"That game again?! I don't like that! You always make me play that before sleeping." Pie whined and pouted.

 

"But I like that game so much. Ok, do you want to play dolls... with me?" Kim faked a grin to entice Pie. She really hated playing dolls, but what else could she do? She had to make Pie brush her teeth and not make her cry by forcing her to do something she wasn't fond of doing. Kim hated a crying princess as she knew already what's going to happen next... she'd end up giving in to Pie anyway.

 

"Yes! Yes!" Pie said with full of excitement.

 

"Let's play toothbrush sword fight first. If you win and finish brushing your teeth, then let's play dolls". There you go Kim. Now, that's what you call business minded approach. It runs in the blood. 

 

So nothing was left for Pie to disagree since she really liked to play dolls with Kim. Pie cleaned herself with some assistance from her nanny, then Kim after. They both played the toothbrush sword fight, Kim intentionally let Pie win so that Pie would brush her teeth properly. 

 

Pie was excited and clapped her hands "I win! I win!".  The nanny smiled, and left both of them since the nanny knew that Pie was glad enough to have Kim to do the same night time routine. 

 

Kim smiled... "You won, baby! Okay go to my bed and I will follow you, I'm not done yet." Little Pie wiped her face... all freshen up and went to Kim's bed waiting for her.

 

Kim followed her right after. They played together which made Pie very happy. Kim pretended playing along with her. In a little while Pie was already sleepy, so was Kim. Pie fell asleep beside Kim as she fixed the blanket to tucked in Pie and made sure little princess was warm enough through the cold night. Kim fell asleep in a matter of few minutes after Pie.

 

The rain was pouring hard again in the middle of the night, thunderstorms were back mad again. The ground quaking sound of thunder was crashing in the midst of an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter