The Unexpected

WHY CAN'T I LOVE YOU?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. & Mrs. Manaying went to an evening business gathering. The couple was not sure until what time the evening event would end so they decided to leave Pie at the Jittaleela's mansion to babysit her. The Jittaleelas were used to this setup since they're like families. And they adore Pie so much that they didn't mind having Pie to stay with them regardless of the length of time to take care of her, she's like their little darling to the family. The whole family were home that evening. Mommy Jittaleela & Daddy Jittaleela were in the living room, while Air was doing her school project inside her room. Kim was there to play with Pie in her room, this way Pie would be busy playing and won't cry to look for her parents if they'd be home late to pick her up. Kim's age, 8, wasn't far from Pie's age, 6, they got along very well except for some toy preferences. Pie at her age was still a baby, while Kim at her age was acting & thinking a year ahead. She always acted as the bigger caring sister-like or protective "brother"-like to Pie.
 


Kim, when she was very young, 2-3 yrs old that time, always asked her parents for another baby in the family, but it wasn't that easy for the couple to have another child because of their business lifestyle especially the Jittaleela-Manaying corporation was in the peak of business success & expansion in Asia. Kids her age don't have any idea how babies come to this world. They have an impression that babies can easily be bought in grocery stores just like buying milk, candies, & cookies... as easy as that. Hence, Kim stopped whining for a baby brother or baby sister when Pie came into their lives. She found a playmate... a sister-like playmate. As a baby, Pie was very cute, adorable, cuddly and a lovely little princess. Being the youngest amongst Kim & Air, she always gets everybody's attention... she is their little princess.



"Kim, let's play barbie." 6 year old Pie invited Kim with her barbie dolls tightly held by her cute little hands.




"No, I don't like playing dolls." Kim rejected the invitation while playing with her collectible cars and cooking set toys.




"Why? Why don't you play with me?" Pie pouted her lips and felt disappointed, but her attention was still on those skinny soft vinyl made toys.




"I like to play with you, but not your toys. I don't like them." Kim exclaimed showing no interest at all with Pie's dolls.




"Why?" Curious Pie asked.




"Stop asking why?! I don't know. They're not fun to play with." Kim ran out of reasoning at Pie's "whys" and was getting impatient especially if she's being forced to do something she didn't like.




"You should play with me and my toys. You're also a girl like me you know..." Persistent Pie said. She started to get confused why all of her girl playmates at school love to play girls' toys, except this one who's also a girl like her, and hated her toys.




"Yes, I am a girl, but I don't like your toys." Kim rolled her eyes still not paying attention at Pie's toys.




"Kim, are you a boy?" Pie out of nowhere innocently asked.




"Didn't you just say it earlier that I am a girl?" Kim answered back with a question.




"Why you like your toys, not my toys? Why? I can share them with you". A repeated question still came out from Pie’s lips.




"Will you just stop asking why?? And even if you are giving them to me, I will just throw them away." Kim blasted from the annoying "whys" of Pie.




When Pie heard the word throw from Kim's mouth, she felt sad... pouted her lips more and started crying "You're mean!"




"Argh! Okay... Okay... don't cry now... I will play with you brat princess. Why do you cry when I'm telling you I don't like your toys". Kim was in panic and tried to calm down little Pie. She knew she'd lose her argument the moment Pie started to cry... it always happened… guaranteed!




"You don't like me. You don't want to play with me." Pie said while wiping her tears away.




"I want to play, I really do princess, but not your toys. Okay can we play something else? Don't cry now. You want to play cooking sets?" Kim negotiated.




"Okay. But can you cook for my barbies?" Calming Pie was not very hard for Kim to do especially if they were arguing about Pie's toys that Kim hated so much to play with... not hard for Kim to calm little brat princess when all she had to do is surrender to those tears… as plain as that.




"Okay. They are so skinny, they need to eat a lot, like mommy princess. (*Kim chuckled*) I am your cook and you are my princess who loves to eat big big (*extended her arms wide*) meals".




Pie chuckled as well and clapped her little hands, "I love love to eat." Her playful mood started to go back again thanks to the convincing power of Kim… the power of surrender.




"I know... I know... When I grow up I will learn to cook all your favorite foods ok?" Kim said while pinching Pie's cute nose.




"Kim, Pie, C'mon now, let's have our dinner, sweethearts." Mommy Jittaleela went inside Kim's room and stopped their playing. The kids started moving and running to the dining area racing each other. Pie was screaming playfully while Kim was chasing after her. Pie loves the chasing game especially if Kim is the one after her.




The whole family was having a lovely dinner, talking & laughing, kids making fun with each other. Air loves to pinch the kids' cheeks or nose every time she sees them. She's a bully in a fun loving way since she's bigger and older than Kim & Pie. They are a wealthy family but these kids were not raised with material things, same case with Pie's family. Both families raised and taught the children with good manners & moral values such as love, respect and humility. Even though their parents are busy with their business, they always make sure that they spend some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter