Prince Charming

WHY CAN'T I LOVE YOU?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four years later.

 

It was a good timing for the family to spend time together. Everybody was present during dinner. The kids always love and enjoy their meals especially if their parents are around to join them. Eating together is also a good time to catch up and discuss things about school, interests and if something that bothers the kids. Communication is very important in the family.

 

For Daddy and Mommy Jittaleela, spending time with the kids had always been priceless. The sounds of laughter and playful bickering were just soothing to their ears. These create memories that they carry along with them when they're on a long business trip and reminisce with them when they miss the girls.

 

As the kids were growing, despite of their parents once in a while absence, the couple also discovered that each of them had developed their own uniqueness and individuality. Pie has more of an open book personality. What you see is what you get from her. She's not loud but she chuckles a lot, still as playful as ever. Kim, on the other hand, is more conservative and yet tough inside, she's a little straightforward sometimes. And because of her advance maturity level, her sense of responsibility improved more especially when it comes to Pie. Air, of course, is the most supportive since she's the eldest. But she still loves to bully the two, well, in her most loving ways.

 

As everybody was settling on their seats at the dining area, Kim stood up from her seat.

 

"Where are you going?" Daddy asked as his gaze was following Kim. "To the kitchen, Dad." she replied cheerfully.

 

Mommy Jittaleela's heart leaped with gladness. "Honey, did you cook something tonight?" Mommy excitedly smiled at her.

 

"Mom, it's a surprise!" Kim sweetly smiled back as she was pacing to the kitchen.

 

The family cook, Aunt Nena as they call her, carried the savory soup while Kim was following her. It was hot and the pot was huge so Aunt Nena insisted to put it on the table instead. Kim of course gave in to the idea.

 

"Thank You Aunt Nena!" Kim sweetly leaned the side of her head at Aunt Nena's shoulder before going to her seat. "You're welcome, Kim" Aunt Nena gently patted Kim's shoulder. Aunt Nena continued serving the rest of all the meals on the dining table.

 

"Something smells good eh." Air winked at Kim, while Pie excitedly clapped her hands.

 

"Don't get too excited you guys, it's still hot!" Kim warned them as she scooped the soup in smaller bowls for each of them.

 

"Sweetheart, you made a tom yum soup? How did you know to cook this?" Daddy proudly asked while Mommy was smiling with a pride too.

 

"Dad, there is such a thing called the internet" Kim giggled, "and with the help of Aunt Nena of course!" Kim chuckled as she put the small bowl of soup next to Pie who was sitting beside her. She started passing the rest of the bowls to others.

 

"Kim, are you sure you really made this and not Aunt Nena did all the cooking?" Air was teasing as she blew a spoonful of soup to cool down and slid the spoon into . "Oh. In fairness, it's good!" She beamed with a smile.

 

"C'mon, Air, sometimes you gotta trust my cooking too." Kim responded with confidence before lightly spanking Pie's hand as she was about to dig into the bowl. "Told you it's hot! Be careful."

 

"Aaw!" Pie groaned.

 

She took Pie's bowl and exchanged with hers since she had it cool down a bit. "Here, take mine. Such a greedy princess." Kim chuckled before shuffling Pie's hair.

 

"Yah!" Pie scoffed after hearing the word greedy. Being a big fan of Kim's cooking abilities, she couldn't resist her excitement whenever Kim cooked something especially if the dish is new for Kim to explore.

 

"Honey, thank you for cooking this soup for us. It's delicious!" Mommy said with satisfaction. And the others were thankful as well.

 

 

"Mom, Dad, tomorrow is no school day. Me & my friends are going to see a movie. Can I go please?" Air mentioned as she was blowing her soup.

 

"Sure, honey. But let Uncle Ben give you a ride ok? And go home early." Daddy said.

 

The word movie rang a bell at Pie. "I want to watch too, there's a new fairytale movie." Pie excitedly followed before she faced Kim wiggling her eyebrows at her. Kim knew immediately what were those brow wiggling for.

 

"Fairytale again? I don't want to watch those. Aren't you tired seeing them?" Kim complained and faced Pie. She extended her arm closer to Pie, gently wiping Pie's lip with a thumb after noticing the evidence of soup at the corner of her lip. "You're such a messy eater." Kim exclaimed.

 

"But Kim, I want to watch it, can you come with me?" Pie pouted before pulling Kim's sleeve, using her all famous puppy eyed expression just to convince Kim.

 

"Don't give me that look, Princess." Kim squinted her eyes at Pie. "Why do you like those movies so much, they all ended the same." Kim reasoned out, hoping she could skip watching the one that Pie wanted to see.

 

"I like it. I love stories with Princesses and their Prince Charming." Pie said as she put down the spoon she was holding and placed her palms side by side above her chest and started fantasizing the characters. "I wonder who my prince will be. Someday, I'm going to meet my prince charming. Someday." And she giggled and took her spoon again from where she rested it to have another scoop of soup.

 

"Your prince? Good luck! You're going to wait forever." Kim replied skeptically while chewing her food.

 

"Mom Dad! She's so mean!" Pie squealed as she looked at them to side on her.

 

"Oh Sweetheart, Kim loves you so much, she was just teasing you." Mommy smiled.

 

"Well, all I was saying is, you're gonna be waiting because Princes don't exist. Fairy tales are not even true." Kim didn't mean to be harsh but she was just expressing her opinion.

 

"How did you know? Were you broken hearted already?" Pie faced her, stuck her tounge out quickly to annoy Kim.

 

"I'm just saying. Boys at school just love to annoy and tease the girls. I can't even imagine them turning into a Prince." Kim rolled her eyes before munching some food in .

 

"Hmm. Someone's a man hater here at an early age." Air teased while beaming her grin at Kim.

 

"Why? Were you being teased by a boy at school." Dad joined in.

 

"Probably, the boy just likes you, honey." Mommy chuckled.

 

"Ugh. They're just rascals at school. So annoying." Kim rolled her eyes again with a disgusting expression.

 

"Why do you hate boys when you yourself look like one?" Pie snickered at Kim which made her earn a death glare from Kim. Everybody laughed at Pie's comeback. They knew she made a point there.

 

"That's funny." Air spoke despite of filled with food.

 

"Well, Princess, for many times I told you I am a girl ok?" Kim said and Pie just puffed her cheeks.

 

"Uh-huh.." Air reacted sarcastically. She heard that several times before.

 

"Yah!" Kim glared at Air and faced back at Pie. "And if I turned myself like them, I am gonna be the only Prince Charming that will ever exist." Kim proudly said before she squinted her eyes at Pie playfully, showing her thick curved lashes that complimented her pretty handsome face.

 

"Oh well, I can see that coming!" Air butted in with a crack.

 

"You sure having much fun huh, Air." Kim ranted at Air, and the latter just snickered back.

 

"Oh stop it. You know I love you Kim." Air beamed her grin at Kim.

 

"Kim sweetheart, it's okay if you like boys." Daddy looked at Kim with a smile.

 

"Daddy! I don't like boys!" Kim ranted with her puffed cheeks.

 

"I mean boys stuff. Just be yourself honey." Daddy smiled again. A smile full of love and support.

 

"Thanks, Dad. Love you." Kim smiled back.

 

---

 

 

 

After dinner, everybody was getting ready for bedtime. The parents were almost done packing up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter