Unconscious

He's Not You

"I-I'm sorry, it was just a sudden realization," I don't know why I had to explain it to him.

"It's okay. I only felt bad that I can't help you with your problem," Chanyeol tapped my shoulder.

I passed my guitar back to him. "It's fine, I'm trying to forget everything about him."

Chanyeol nodded. "Shall we go somewhere else? Somewhere better than a cemetery?"

I looked around me, seeing the grass covered with different kinds of tombstones. Despite the fact that we're together with dead people, it felt refreshing. The sun was shining brightly; the silent atmosphere between the two of us is peaceful.

I looked up on the clouds and decided to lie down on the blanket that Chanyeol brought.

"Maybe we should stay for a bit," I said and watched the white clouds form slowly in the sky.

Chanyeol lay down beside me, his elbow on the ground to support his upper body and his head resting on his hand.

"You choose to stay in a cemetery?" He let out a snicker. "Wow, you're really extraordinary, Jinri,"

I chuckled, still looking at the sky. "The air feels good here. Since people here are dead, no one seems to care whatever you're doing,"

"Actually Jinri, I'm alive. Hello?" Chanyeol said humorously and waved his other hand in front of my face.

I shoved it off and laughed, turning my body to face him. "I mean, it's only the two of us right now. And you don't seem to care about my issues in life,"

Chanyeol's lips formed into a smile. He took something from my hair, a leaf from the grass probably. "Actually, I do,"

I looked at him as he completely lay on the ground and close his eyes. I wonder how I should react to what he just said. But he looked sincere when he said that.

"Do dead people experience this under their tombstone? Do they see a tinge of light when their eyes are closed like this? Or are they too dead to notice the light shining brightly above them?" Chanyeol asked, still with his eyes closed.

I thought for a while and closed my eyes as well. "Chanyeol?" I called.

"Hm?"

"I think... that because they're dead people they don't feel anything related in our world, because they have their own life either above or below the ground,"

"You're right. They're dead. They're not alive," Chanyeol smiled, still with his eyes closed.

 

Another day means another life in which you wake up in reality and ask yourself:

"Why are you still single?" I looked at myself in the mirror with the towel covered on my body.

"Because you're supposed to entertain guys like Chanyeol," Mom suddenly came in my room, putting the newly laundried clothes in my closet.

"Mom," I whined and held my forehead. I've been telling her that my relationship with Chanyeol is clearly platonic.

"I know he's not courting you but you have to learn how to flirt the right way,"

I glared at her and gave her an okay-but-not-okay look. "Mom, I'm never gonna do that. Not to Chanyeol... No,"

"Just give it a-"

"Shh!" I cut her off and put an index finger on her lips. "Not another word about that mom, I'm going to be late,"

I kissed her cheek and got my things, leaving her probably dumbfounded.

 

I was walking through the corridors of our school, looking for my Physics class. It was odd that no one's around.

Room 312. I finally reached the room for Physics class. I opened the door and to my surprise, no one's inside except for a familiar back of a man.

I carefully walked inside. I felt my heartbeats raced, thinking that the man might be a ghost. As I sat on one of the chairs, he turned and my heart calmed down. I finally recognized the man.

"Chanyeol!" I called and he waved at me. I quickly put my things down and went closer to him to sit beside him.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Is it bad?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not really, but you scared me! I thought you were a ghost!" I exclaimed and held my chest.

"You're afraid of ghosts?" Chanyeol asked and laughed at me.

"Ya!" I held his head with my whole hand and pushed it away.

He held my wrist to stop me from pushing his head. "Why do you always push me away like that?"

I giggled. "I actually don't know,"

He glanced at the hand that he was holding and his eyes looked back at me. "You're really extraordinary, Jinri,"

I laughed. "You, on the other hand, always say that! The more I hear it from you, the more it's becoming less sincere! Is that even true?"

Chanyeol nodded with his left dimple showing. "I think this idiot has completely fell for a stupid girl like you,"

He held my chin and carefully got closer to me.

It was silent and I could hear my heart beat racing faster than seconds. He was about to close the distance between us but...

"I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU PARK CHANYEOL!" I stood up but Chanyeol was not beside me anymore, nor holding my wrist and chin.

HOLY (insert cuss word here that starts with an F and ends with a K)

Hyemin was giggling beside me; my classmates were all staring at me dumbfounded and worst...

"KWON JINRI. I HATE TO SAY IT BUT I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR LOVE ISSUES IN CLASS. THE DOOR IS OPEN, YOU'RE FREE TO LEAVE AND THAT'S AN ORDER." My physics professor pointed the door for me and I had no other choice but to leave.

Stupid dream.
And my mom's compliments on him.
And Hyemin's teasing.
And me.

Park Chanyeol, why?!