Disclosure

He's Not You

"IF YOU LOVE ME LET ME GOOOOOO~"

If you ever hear your neighbors singing these 'bitter' or 'moving on' songs, they are probably undergoing a heartbreak.

I strummed my electric guitar wildly and rocked my head to the beat of the song. I don't care if the neighbors hear me, I don't care if my voice doesn't sound good. I just need to sing it because I feel it.

My mom was out for market. If she were here she would probably watch me and tell me I'm the best thing she had ever watched. How sarcastic is that?

A phone call disturbed my own world of music. I lazily got my phone and realized it was Hyemin. Ughhh she's being consistent in teasing me about Chanyeol. Especially when Chen told her that Chanyeol bought me a helmet and went to a coffee shop with me.

But I'm grateful for one thing - he lifted my mood that day. He surprisingly made me laugh so easily. I had so mch fun especially when we talked about our favorite bands like Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy and Paramore. Gosh I feel like the rocker in me is once again born!

"I'm going to Chen's gig, and I don't have anyone else but you! Plus, Chanyeol's there," Hyemin said.

"Duuuh, he's like the drummer of the band, why wouldn't he be there?" I mocked.

Hyemin chuckled. "Come on, you'll love it there,"

 


I had no other choice because Hyemin suddenly popped in front of our house out of nowhere. She persuaded my mom for me to go and my outgoing mom quickly allowed me.

We're here at an underground pub. It's a bit dark and only the stage lights were brightly shining, plus the red and green strobe lights. There were graffiti walls around us and almost all people were wearing black. Again, I ask myself - are they just a rocker or are they gothic?

And here I am wearing a black leather jacket, white sleeveless underneath paired up with light denim shorts and a pair of black high-cut converse. I hope I belong.

 

Or maybe I do belong.

Hyemin on the other hand was wearing a black cropped top longsleeves paired up with dark blue high-waisted shorts, a black tattered stockings and black closed shoes with heels. She seemed like she can easily fit in with the audience.

She pulled me in the front line and we both listen to the "boring" ice breaker and introduction of the emcee.

"Ladies and gentleman! Let our worlds be rocked and serenaded by Hype!" The emcee introduced and the crowd roared.

One by one, they walked towards the stage. They all looked stunning. Chen was wearing a simple white shirt topped with a gray houndstooth bomber jacket with black leather sleeves, black slim fit jeans and a pair of black leather shoes. He had his brown locks tousled and he wore a silver stud piercing on his left ear. He owned a yellow guitar with a red strap wrapped around his body.

Lay on the other hand was wearing a simple black knitted long sleeves and a white shirt underneath, paired with white velour pants and white shoes. He had some of his hair tied up messily and wore a black piercing on his right ear. He owned a clean white guitar.

Ten was wearing a black padded leather jacket with faux leather, a gray shirt underneath with white collars, dark denim tattered pants and a black bonnet. He owned a black bass guitar, with assorted stickers and his name on it.

And then there's Chanyeol - wearing a dark blue faux leather jacket, black printed shirt, a denim biker jeans and a combination of black and dark gray sneakers. He waved his drumsticks and sat on a chair with the drum set.

All of them wore dark eyeliner underneath their eyes, intensifying the rocker/gothic look. They looked really cool.

"Soundcheck," Chen said on the microphone and the audience squealed. "Hello everyobody, we're Hype. Before anything else, allow us to introduce ourselves one by one. Please clap your hands for Ten, our maknae and the bassist!"

The audience squealed while Ten played deep notes from his bass guitar. He bit his lip and I am sure that I saw him wink at the group of girls near his side, causing squeals.

Ten continued playing the notes, adding rhythm as Chen introduced the next member. "Next, I would love to hear you scream as I introduce our lead guitarist, Lay!"

Lay made his guitar cry while the audience yelled in delight. He looked calm, as if he was only playing with every string that he hit. Like Ten, he continued the notes he was playing as Chen introduced the next member.

"Now, let me add a little beat to my introduction. Please let the whole house roar, as our drummer Chanyeol smashes the beat to your eardrums!"

Chanyeol hit his drums with a beautiful beat that made everyone jump and raise their hands. I chuckled, seeing how some cute guy turn into some rockstar drummer. He's so random.

 

Hyemin nudged my arm. "Aren't you going to take pictures?" She asked, trying to battle with the noise from the pub. She grinned at me while I rolled my eyes as a response.

"Okay... I don't know how I'm going to introduce myself. But I'm Chen, the vocalist of this band, and I'm going to ask you to keep that jumping as I try to reach my highest note..." Chen said and looked to his side, as if signaling s on what to do next. "Okay! Ready? 3... 2... 1! Jump!"

 

The crowd jumped and the music they were playing had begun to change into a much more varied arrangement. It wasn't heavy metal but it was purely rock. Lead crying, bass following the beat of the drums and then...

 

"Yeeeaaah!!!" Chen sang his high note. It was surely high but it was pleasing to the ears.

Hyemin squealed in excitement. "Oh my gosh, I'm a proud girlfriend!"

I looked at her and we both giggled.



Their performance was amazing. Sadly, they were only allowed to perform three songs, because they were only a guest band for the event. But they really rocked the stage and for once, I never thought of Mark.

But now I am thinking about him again.

I'm really stupid.

We went outside to wait for Chen's band. It was surely cold outside. Hyemin and I had to wipe our palms together and blow the cool breeze of February off of our hands.

"Hey," a familiar deep voice greeted behind me. Hyemin and I turned to see who it was - Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol!" I greeted and waved my hands. I don't know why I suddenly got excited when I see him that we did a hi-five. Maybe I'm just a proud friend. "You did great a while ago!"

"I'm almost great in everything I do, Jinri. Why are you surprised?" Chanyeol bragged with a know-it-all smile plastered on his face.

"Shut up," I held his head with my hand and pushed it away.

"Wow, it seems like you've gotten closer huh?" Chen suddenly came with his arm wrapped around Hyemin's shoulder.

"Of course, they see each other often," Hyemin added and I felt blood rush to my face.

"Well, you guys probably know coincidences," I defended.

"Or destiny," Hyemin teased.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

"We'll take a walk for a bit," Chen said and pulled Hyemin with her.

"Aigoo, that couple will probably make out somewhere," Chanyeol jeered.

My eyes grew wide and I quickly slapped his arm. I didn't know whether it was too straightforward that I reacted aggressively or it was just too funny for me.

"YA! I HEARD THAT CHANYEOL!" Chen, who was almost three meters away from us said.

He looked at me and chuckled. "What?! Let's go," He got my arm and pulled me towards another direction.

"Y-Ya where are we going?" I asked, shoving his hand off of mine. I don't want to go anywhere alone with him! Not when he talked about making out! And not in the dark!

He bent a little closer to me. "We're going to spy on them,"

I felt relieved with his invitation. I raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Good idea!"


Chanyeol and I were behind a tree watching as Hyemin and Chen giggled to each other.

I suddenly felt jealous. I wanted to feel that. I want to have those kinds of conversation wherein you only talk to the man you love, the man that makes you proud.

"You know what's the best thing to do right now while we're watching this boring scene?" Chanyeol asked and I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing.


"A dialogue!" Chanyeol suggested.

 

"What do you mean?" I asked, still confused.

 

"You see Chen there? Laughing like crazy?" He asked. I nodded and focused my attention to Chen. "Imagine Chen saying: You know what, I peed on my pants while singing a while ago,"

I laughed and slapped Chanyeol's arm because I can't say a single word because of what he just said.

"Ya, why do you keep on slapping my arm tonight?! I know I have muscles but it still hurts!" Chanyeol demanded, rubbing his hand on the affected area.

"Because it was so funny," was all I can say while laughing so hard.

Chanyeol held my shoulder and put a finger on his lips. "They're going to hear us," He whispered and giggled.

"I know, I'm sorry," I whispered while trying to laugh without a sound. I felt a slight pain on my abdomen trying so hard to control myself from laughing, but it was just so funny.

"Come on, you go try it with Hyemin. She's like you, laughing so hard," Chanyeol murmured.

Indeed, Hyemin was laughing. But it was the kind of laugh that looks like she's been enjoying the night with Chen. "Okay, she's like: 'Oh my gosh, last night I peed in my sleep because we were together,'"

Chanyeol clapped his hands softly and closed his eyes while laughing hard. I couldn't help myself but to laugh too.

 

I feel like if someone's looking at us right now, we would both look really stupid. Plus, the nonsensical jokes we've been throwing.

"Then Chen's like: That's amazing babe," Chanyeol added making it funnier.

"Wait a second," A sudden scene stopped me from laughing hard. "They're moving closer to each other... Are they going to..."

"Yes, they are!" Chanyeol beamed.

"What the heck! Why are we going to watch them make out?! Gosh, Hyemin, I can't!" I said and turned around, my back facing my best friend's kissing scene.

Chanyeol leaned his back on the trunk. "Yeah, I know right. Shall we go back now?"

I nodded. He placed his hand on my back, motioning me to start walking. "How have you been, Jinri?"

I looked at him, stunned with the random serious question. "Fine," I replied, but it wasn't fully the truth.

"People usually say 'fine' plainly when they have so much to tell. Besides, I saw you crying at the waiting shed," He stopped walking for a moment and I did the same. He nudged my arm softly. "Come on, tell me. We're friends now, right?"

I smiled and let out a heavy sigh. "I'm a heart broken hopeless romantic."

"What?! That's awful. How?" Chanyeol asked.

I glanced at him, the kind of look that tells him that I'm embarrassed. But he looked at me like he was really waiting for it.

"Well, my first love can't reciprocate the love I have for him..." I started. He then nodded, gesturing me to continue.

"He was my childhood crush. We were from the same village before. I loved how he danced so I also engaged myself to dancing. And then, my friends from our village told him I like him. I allowed that because they told me that it would be a waste liking him without him knowing. But then he probably don't like me back. Because he never talked to me after that.

"Years passed and their family moved to another village. That was the time when I forgot all about him. But then, I got into the same university where he studies. I got into the same dance organization that competes with another school.

"And then... I heard directly from him that he already has a girlfriend. End of story,"

I could hear the crickets louder than Chanyeol's breathing. He was standing straight in front of me, as stiff as the trunk of the trees. I was sure that he's still breathing because of the puffs of wind coming out of his mouth due to the cold September wind.

"How was it?" I asked.

"We should give that helmet to that man because he's stupid," Chanyeol uttered.

I chuckled. Nothing's funny, but it was the kind of laugh that comes out when you pity yourself for being miserable.

 

"My friends always say he's stupid but it turns out I am the stupid one," I said looking on the ground.

"Okay, let's say you're stupid. But what you have done is not something you should grieve on for the rest of your life," Chanyeol said.

I looked at his eyes, trying to read if he was just saying that to me to make me feel better. He was just smiling.

I chuckled and patted his shoulder. "It's okay. I mean, I'm okay... Thanks for the advice,"

"That wasn't an advice," Chanyeol shook his head. "That's a fact that most people undergoing a heart break needed to know,"

I smiled. It was a simple piece of advice, or fact as what he said, but it was meaningful.

"How about you? You seem so positive everyday," I asked in wonder.

"Me?" He snickered. "I'm one of those persons who answer fine all the time,"

---
A/N: The song at the first part is This Is Gospel by Panic! At the Disco :)