Chapter 9: Broken Savior

Who Are You?

(HYESUNG'S POV)

 

I sat there lost in fear and worry. I didn't realise when the ambulance and police had come. I felt a few people trying to get me up onto a stretcher. My body felt like jelly as I didn't had any more energy left in me. I let them handle me like a doll as I kept thinking of Junghyuk. We were brought onto the same ambulance.

I glanced at his unmoving body. Blood covered most of his body and his skin looked so pale. I tried to reach for him but my hand wasn't long and strong enough. I looked back up at the blinding lights in the ambulance, tears started to flow like a stream.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

(HYESUNG'S POV)

 

I looked at the still lighted sign *EMERGENCY ROOM*. I didn't know when my tears had stopped dropping. Maybe I don't have any more water left in me. I heard voices screaming my name down the hallway. I thought it was all my imagination until a familiar palm held my shoulder.

"What happened? Are you alright?" It was appa. He looked at me worriedly with his redden eyes.

"I......I'm ok. But...... But........ Junghyuk........" I couldn't get the word out of my mouth. It felt like a lump was stuck in my throat. Instead I pointed at the Emergency Room.

Jin hugged me tightly. I let myself go and slumped onto him and buried my face on his shoulders. Dongwan was standing at the sides holding my hand. Minwoo sat on the ground with his mind buried in memories. Appa was holding a terribly trembling Andy.

We stayed there for so long, waiting for the doctor while praying hard. The doctor finally came out and we made a half circle around the doctor.

"I'm sorry, we did what we could but he lost too much blood and is now in a coma. Has his head been injured before? We found and removed all the blood clots in his brain and he's got a skull fracture. His right arm was broken and he's got 5 fractured ribs. But we've patched them up. He's out of the woods but he might have after effects when he wakes up."

I heard everyone gasped.

"Doctor, his leg. How is his leg?"

"His leg? His leg was already amputated before the accident."

"What?!"

"Same goes to his left ear drum. It was already busted and he wore a hearing aid. Mr. Mun will be transferred to the intensive care unit."

I was shocked by the doctor's statement. I couldn't believe it. I felt an adrenaline rush and I ran out away. I ran through the streets, ignoring the desperate calls behind me.

 

-PAGE BREAK-
(MINWOO'S POV)

 

I sat on the tiled floor, memories flushed through my mind. I was worried that he couldn't make it. I prayed hard.

Suddenly, the doctor came out. Everyone gathered around him. I was the slowest.

'Leg amputated?'

'Eardrum busted?'

I couldn't process what I heard. What's happening? Is it really Junghyuk in there?

I saw Hyesung running out of the hospital and I chased after him.

"Hyesung! Stop! Hyesung!!"

I yelled desperately. My usually short but quick legs couldn't follow Hyesung's speed. We ran and ran, knocking into people every now and then. Even the rain poured, as if crying out of pity at our situation.

"Hyesung!! Don't run!" I called.

After some time, Hyesung finally stopped. I caught up with him and panted heavily for air. Hyesung stood there looking at the muddy ground.

"I.... He saved me...... He.....he saved me....." Hyesung struggled to speak and fell to his knees. His hair was matted onto his face.

I held him in my arms and he cried.

"Don't cry. He wouldn't have wanted that." I patted his back.

That night was the one time I saw Hyesung broke down completely.

 

-PAGE BREAK-
(3RD PERSON POV)

 

The boys took turn to stay at the hospital for the next 3 months. Hyesung stayed by his side every night. He would talk to him and sing for him. Hyesung even brought Junghyuk his favourite Hello Kitty doll to accompany him in his sleep.

Tonight was no different. Hyesung sang him a lullaby and tucked in the Hello Kitty doll by his side before drifting off to sleep on the couch by the window.

The next morning, Hyesung woke up to an empty bed. Junghyuk was gone, along with the Hello Kitty doll.

 

 

 

 

Notes: So, the story had entered it's final stages. It's epilogue anytime now lol. What happened to Eric/Junghyuk? Where is he? Hope you guys enjoy the story. After this, I might just upload a new story while continuing KUROTH: GOD OF THEFT. Anyway, my next post will be after this Thursday. Please look forward to it. Thanks for your support! SHINHWA CHANGJO<3