Chapter 4: Hyesungie~

Who Are You?

It's been a few weeks after Eric's first visit. He became a loyal customer after that first taste of the jajangmyun. Everytime he came, the boys and Hyundo's attention were all directed at him. For the first few times, he flinched when he felt that everyone was watching him. But soon he got used to the attention.

Eric didn't know why he kept coming too this restaurant. He felt his heart urging him to enter the restaurant every time he passed by. He felt attracted to the people running the restaurant. He wondered whether he really is this Mun Junghyuk guy. But why couldn't he recognise them? Why can't he recognise his own family. Could it be that it's simply just a coincidence that he look so similar to Junghyuk? He didn't know but he was curious yet afraid.

Without noticing, Eric was here again. His legs brought him here to the restaurant involuntarily. He stepped into the shop and was greeted with the familiar and warm aura radiating from inside.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

'Eric had been visiting for the last few weeks. When will he come again?' Hyesung thought.

As if on cue, Eric stepped into the shop. His body frame and face was so familiar yet he wasn't the same person. He looked so calm and unaffected by Hyundo's actions that day. It was almost as if he was sure that Hyundo had just recognised him wrongly. As if he was very sure that he was Eric and not Junghyuk.

Hyesung watched the guy closely everytime he came. Even though Eric looked as if he was relaxed and self-assured, his small involuntary actions betrayed his emotions. Hyesung knew Junghyuk too well to know that Eric was nervous and confused. Especially when he gulped every single time one of them got close to him. Hyesung was convinced that Eric was indeed Junghyuk.

'But why did he say that he's not Junghyuk? Why did he not recognise us? Why is he lying?' Hyesung repeated the questions over and over in his head. He can't contain his curiosity any longer. He needed answers.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

As soon as Eric left, Hyesung got onto his delivery bike and chased after Eric. He saw the other walking down the streets, eyes looking at the ground and decided to pretend as if they met by coincidence.

"Hey! Eric!"

Eric turned around. "Oh, anyeonghasaeyo."

"Where are you going?"

"Home. You?"

"I'm going back to the restaurant after a delivery."

They stood there awkwardly for a few moments before Hyesung broke the silence.

"Wanna hang out?"

"I...... Ok."

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

They each got an ice cream and sat down on a bench in the park.

"So, let's get to know each other. I'm Hyesung, Shin Hyesung." Hyesung offered Eric a handshake which Eric took.

"I'm Eric Mun. But I think you already know."

"Erm, let's talk deeper. I'm the fourth adopted son in my family. How about you?"

"I.....I don't have a family."

"I'm sorry to hear that...... Well then let's be brothers. I'm sure they will all be very happy to accept you into the family."

"I'm not sure......... How...... How is the Junghyuk guy like?" Asked Eric while his ice cream.

"He was like our leader. He's got a special place in everyone's heart. He's really dependable but dorky at the same time...... Losing him was terrible. The family's laughter and soul was gone along with him......." Hyesung tried to hold back his tears.

Eric watched the slim guy with a meaningful look before patting his shoulder and embraced him. Feeling the touch, Hyesung let himself cry like there's no tomorrow.

"Don't be sad, Hyesungie~ you're breaking my heart." Whispered Eric.

That one sentence took Hyesung by surprise. He got up and looked directly at Eric's eyes.

"What did you just say?"

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

"Minu yah~ what do you think about that Eric guy?" Asked Dongwan who's grabbing onto Minwoo's left arm and laid his head on the other's shoulder.

"I'm not sure. But I can feel that he's somehow related to Junghyuk."

"Really?"

"Excuse me! Can I have more kimchi?" Asked a customer.

"Neh!" Replied Minwoo while shaking Dongwan's head by moving his shoulder.

"That's your call."

"I don't want. I want to stay with you." Dongwan pouted.

"Aish. I'll go get it." Said Junjin while shaking his head.

"Wan ah, what's wrong with you today?" Minwoo asked while rubbing Dongwan's hands.

He glanced at the other guy when he didn't get any response. Dongwan is already asleep, clinging his arm like a kid hugging a bolster. Minwoo unintentionally smiled.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

"Oh, Hyesung! Where have you been?" Minwoo greeted Hyesung who had just entered the restaurant but was ignored as Hyesung made a bee-line into the VIP room.

'What's wrong with everyone today?' Thought Minwoo as he stood up abruptly, forgetting that Dongwan was still asleep on him. Dongwan fell onto the floor and cursed loudly which startled the customers.

"Mianhae, mianhae, please do continue enjoying your meal." Said Minwoo awkwardly while cupping Dongwan's mouth.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

In the VIP room, Hyesung was holding a photo of a 4-year-old him with Junghyuk wrapping his arms around Hyesung's waist and planting a kiss on Hyesung's cheeks.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Hyesung had been brought to Hyundo's house along with Junjin and Minwoo. He was amused by the place even though it's just an apartment until he saw another slightly taller boy came running from the kitchen. The boy was beaming at them which made Hyesung nervous and had clung onto Minwoo. He knew that he was adopted and the boy was probably Hyundo's biological son. He had been very surprised when the boy had initiated a talk with him.

"Hi, I'm Mun Junghyuk!" 4-year-old Junghyuk offered a handshake.

"Anyeonghasaeyo, I'm Shin Hyesung." Hyesung did not return the handshake but bowed 90 degrees.

"How old are you? I'm 4."

"I'm four too." Replied Hyesung while looking at the floor, obviously nervous.

"Hi, I'm Minwoo. I'm four too and this is Junjin. He's three." Said Minwoo.

"Hi there! Little brother!" Junghyuk chirped happily while ruffling Junjin's hair.

"Let's go to our room!" Junghyuk pulled the other three into his bedroom where 2 bunker beds were prepared. The three boys settled down with Hyesung getting the bed under Junghyuk's and Minwoo's under Junjin's. While they were unpacking, Hyesung felt a tug at his shirt. He turned around and was greeted by Junghyuk's puppy eyes.

"Can I call you Hyesungie?"

"Sure."

"Yay! Hyesungie~ Hyesungie~ Hyesungie~ " Junghyuk sang loudly for the rest of the day.

Hyesung had started to regret his decision to allow Junghyuk to give him a nickname that will follow him for the rest of his live.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Hyesung smiled at the memory but cringed when he remembered Eric's words earlier.

"Don't be sad, Hyesungie~ you're breaking my heart."

Hyesung was surprised by the use of his nickname. Only Junghyuk was allowed to call him that. But When Eric called him Hyesungie, he felt comfortable with it.

"What did you just say?"

"Uh......I....... I'm sorry, I need to go now. See you again." Eric quickly walked away after waving goodbye.

'That was weird.' Thought Hyesung. Why did Eric just called him Hyesungie? Could it be that he really was Junghyuk and he didn't forget? But why would Junghyuk lie to them?

 

 

 

 

Notes: Hyesungie~ I love the way Eric always called Hyesung with such affection lol. I will start to develop the relationships starting from this chapter. So, a little bit of Woodong in this chapter as an appetizer. How was it? Anyone knows why Junghyuk/Eric was acting this way? Please do comment. Thanks for the love from all my supporters out there. Kamsahamnida!! SHINHWA CHANGJO <3