Chapter 3: Eric, Eric Mun

Who Are You?

Hyundo lost control of his body as he let his emotions overtook his conscience. He made a bee-line towards the guy and hugged him tightly while letting his tears flow.

"Junghyuk, you came back! After such a long time, you came home!"

The guys was startled by the sudden hug but remained calm.

"Excuse me, ahjussi. Have we met before? Who are you?"

Hyundo and the boys were even more startled by his words.
'Junghyuk doesn't know them? It's impossible.'

Hyundo let go of the guy and looked at his face.

'It is my Junghyuk. There's no doubt. But he doesn't recognise us.'

"Do you really don't know who I am?" Hyundo asked with hope.

"Mianhae ahjussi but I'm afraid I don't. Do I resemble someone you know?" The guy asked warmly.

"It's ok. It's just that you look exactly like my long lost eldest son, Junghyuk." Said Hyundo while wiping his tears.

The boys watched their appa from the sides, not sure what to do.

"Please have a seat ahjussi. If I may ask, what happened to him?"

Hyundo sat on the chair beside the guy and started his story.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

"Oh, Minwoo, you've got a nosebleed." Said Dongwan who's coming out of the bathroom.

"Really?"

"Let me see...... Aish, Minwoo yah you're 23. That's not funny. Go wash the chilli paste off." Said Hyundo who's speechless at Minwoo's childishness.

~ring~ring~

"Yobeoseyo?"

"Is this Mr Mun Hyundo?"

"Yes I am. May I know who's calling?"

"We're calling from the Korean Military Department. It's my painful duty..... to inform you .... that private Mun Junghyuk ....was sacrificed on the frontline yesterday morning."

"Is.....is this a prank?" Hyundo stuttered.

The boys caught their appa's nervous look. They knew that it must be a really bad news that made their appa so nervous.

"I'm really sorry Mr Mun but the whole platoon Private Mun was in was ambushed while on their way to the front line. I'm sorry."

Hyundo dropped the phone the same time he sank onto his knees. He couldn't believe what he just heard. No, he didn't want to believe it. He felt his sons swarmed around him but he was too shocked to respond.

"Appa, who was that? What happened?" Hyesung asked nervously, obviously startled by their father's reaction.

Minwoo and Andy supported their appa's back while Junjin went to get a cup of water.

"J.....Jung.....Junghyuk...."

The boys held their breath, fearing the worst.

"Sa.....sacri...ficed." With that, a Hyundo broke into tears.

Hyesung felt like he was suffocating as if the air was suddenly knocked out from his lungs. He fell onto the ground, staring into nothing while tears flowed endlessly from his eyes.

Minwoo hugged Dongwan and they cried together. While Andy's face was as pale as a ghost trying to control his tears. Junjin had his back facing them as he punched the wall in frustration before slumping on the wall and cried.

Over the next few days, a few officer visited them and sent their regards. They said that Junghyuk's platoon was bombed and most of the soldiers were shattered into pieces. They found a huge amount of Junghyuk's blood splattered among the bodies. Judging from the amount of blood lost, it was impossible that he had survived the ambushed but his body was never found.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

"I'm sorry for your lost ahjussi." The guy said pitifully.

"We're all hoping that he was somehow alive and will come home someday. And I believe in Junghyuk. He WILL come home." Said Hyundo before leaving the table.

"Sorry for that. My appa had been through a lot. My hyung meant a lot to him. His disappearance took a toll on appa. Here's your jajangmyun. Please enjoy your meal." Said Junjin.

The boys couldn't tear their eyes off the guy who's slurping down the noodles.

"It's 3000 won in total." Said Minwoo.

"Here you go. By the way, the jajangmyun was delicious." The guy handed Minwoo the money.

"Thanks for the comment. Please come again."

Just when the guy was about to leave, Minwoo called.

"Excuse me, may I know your name?"

"I'm Eric, Eric Mun."

 

 

 

Notes: I,m on a frenzy for this story. I can't stop writing even though I haven't finish my studies lol. How was this chapter? Hope you guys like it! SHINHWA CHANGJO <3