Chapter 5: Wait For Me

Who Are You?

“Andy, where are you going?” Junjin asked Andy who was busy packing up right after he finished his work in the kitchen.

“Um….I….I’m going to the ….. to the post office.” Stuttered Andy without looking at his hyung.

Andy finished packing and left the restaurant after waving goodbye. “Don’t wait for me for dinner!”

‘He’s such a bad liar. Where is he heading to anyway?’ thought Junjin before he too left the restaurant and followed Andy.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Junjin followed Andy into the Subway station and got into the train. He watched Andy nervously playing with his fingers. He followed Andy until they reached a park beside the Han River. Andy walked up to a girl who was already sitting on a bench when they got there. Junjin hid himself behind a tree just 2 meters away from the couple.

“I’m sorry for being late.” Said Andy while hugging her.

“It’s okay, oppa. I know how important your family is to you.”

“Jinae ah, Do you wanna go catch a movie or something? It’s 9.30 already.”

“Oppa……….Actually, I want …….. I want to break up.” Jinae couldn’t face Andy.

“What?! Why? Are you joking? You’re joking right?” Andy’s eyes were wide.

“I’m sorry, Andy ssi. I don’t think we’re meant for each other.”

“But, I thought we love each other?” Andy stood up.

“It’s not that we don’t love each other. It’s just that, I don’t feel secure with you. There are so many things in there before me. I’m sick of waiting and not meeting each other every day. I’m sick of your reasons whenever you couldn’t make it on our date.” Said Jinae while pointing at Andy’s heart before turning around and walked away from the park.

Andy was stunned and he kicked the grass in frustration. “ARGGHHHH!!”

Junjin who witnessed everything felt terrible and walked up to Andy who’s now sitting on the grass.

“Andy, are you okay?”

“Hyung? Why are you here?! You followed me?!”

“I’m sorry, Andy yah.” Junjin pulled Andy in for a hug.

Andy brawled at first but soon succumbed into Junjin’s hold.

“It’s ok. She’s just a girl who didn’t know what a great person you are. It’s okay. It’s okay.” Junjin said soothingly.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Minwoo was in his room designing a new set of clothings for the new-year season when his roommate barged into the room and locked his head.

“Aishi, Wan ah! Can’t you see I’m busy?”

“Of course I can see. But I chose to ignore it. Is that a new design you’re working on?” Dongwan took Minwoo’s working sheet and examined them under the light.

“Yup, and give it back please.” Minwoo snatched the sheets before continuing his work.

“Can you design a suit for me?” asked a pouting Dongwan who pulled a chair to sit beside Minwoo.

“Why would you want a suit?”

“I’m going on a prom night with my colleague, Hyerin. I want to be cool and elegant in front of all the girls.” Smiled Dongwan, imagining the girls all go swoon by his appearance.

“No, I won’t do it.”

“Please?”

“No. And that’s final. Now get out before I kick you out.”

“Please? Can’t you help your brother?” Dongwan shook Minwoo’s shirt.

Minwoo didn’t respond but he pulled Dongwan up and pushed him out of the room before slamming the door at his face.

“What was that? Am I imagining things or did Minwoo just blushed?!” Dongwan whispered.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Dongwan walked disappointedly towards the living room but stopped in his tracks when he saw Hyesung peeking into Hyundo's room.

He silently walked onto Hyesung, planning to scare him. But he froze when he saw that the television in Hyundo's room was playing videos of Junghyuk.

Both Hyundo and Hyesung had tears in their eyes while watching the video messages Junghyuk left for them before leaving for the military. It was the very last time they saw Junghyuk's face and was the last thing Junghyuk gave them.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Junghyuk was in his bed, shirtless while talking to the video recorder.

"Anyeonghasaeyo, appa and my little dongsaengs. This was meant to be a surprise for you guys and to be watched when you guys miss me."

"Minwoo yah, when I'm gone, please be a good big brother and take care of the dongsaengs ok? You're never stupid and I believe you can be a perfect leader when I'm gone. Oh, remember to memorise the timetable as we'll have another showdown when I'm back. Uhm....... Take care of appa for me and don't kill our family with your farts. I'm warning you Lee Minwoo!! I'll kill you if my stuffs are smelly when I return."

"Dongwan ah~please help me to take care of everyone's health. Especially appa's back. Stop exercising so much, I hate it when you have bigger muscles than me. I hope to see you getting younger when I come home. Smile more! No.....wait...... I think smiling makes you're wrinkles even obvious.......... Uhm then don't smile so much..... What am I talking about? Anyway, be confident in yourself and don't show your OBVIOUS affection for someone in public."

"Hyesungie~ Hyesungie~ ahh, I'm gonna miss calling you so much. Don't be so protective over Jinnie! He's all grown up you know. And he's a better delivery man than you are. AISH sometimes I don't even understand why a directionless person like you get the delivering duties. Don't be so awkward anymore and go get yourself some ice creams when you miss me. Oh, I almost forgot that I left a recording of Hyesungies in your phone. You can listen to it while thinking of me! Just don't kick me when I come home."

"Jinnie yah~ life in the military is going to be so boring without you. I want to prank others but I think I'll get into trouble here. So, help me maintain my presence in the house by pranking the others more often ok? Deal? By the way, please watch over appa and the others for me. I know you can do it. You've always been a very caring dongsaeng even though your anger management needs slight improvements. Hahaha. I know you're upset by now hahaha. But I'm counting on you to provide the family with mental support! You can do it, Jinnie! Hwaiting!"

"Andy, my little dongsaeng. You need to stay strong for me through these coming years. I'm sure by the time I come home, you must've already mastered the jajangmyun making skills. Don't be so timid, Andy yah. Go out and get yourself into a relationship or something. Don't be so dry and go see the world. Andy yah, I have a secret to tell you. There's someone around you who cared for you a lot and is a very good person. Do not waste the chance you're getting. I wish you luck and I'm desperately waiting for that bowl of master level jajangmyun from you."

"Appa, I'm sorry for leaving you so early. And I'm sorry for causing all the troubles for this past 22 years. Appa, I'm really grateful that you accepted me and treated me like your own son. Without you, I'm pretty sure that I would not have survived and there will be no Mun Junghyuk. Do you still remember the promise I made when I'm 6? I promised that I will never leave you and will protect and repay you for my whole life. I'm sorry that I have to leave you for 2 years and maybe more. Appa, don't worry about me. I'm a strong boy and I will keep my promise to stay by your side forever. We 6 will forever be your little boys. Kamsahamnida."

“Guys wait of me! I’ll be back in no time! Love you all!”

Junghyuk ended the video after kissing the screen.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Dongwan stared so intently at the screen that he didn't notice Minwoo who had also crept up behind him and was tearing up from Junghyuk's video messages.

 

 

 

 

Notes: Some Jindy and Woodong moments in this chapter. I saw the news and was so happy that Dongwan will be releasing a single on his birthday!! I totally look forward to Dongwan's awesome voice!! How was this chapter? I personally feel that it's just an ok chapter as I need to start working on the couples. So, is Eric Junghyuk? I seriously don't know where this story's gonna go. But I've finished writing the next chapter and it was pretty dark and might be a pretty huge turn as it will be focusing on Eric's life. Please look forward to it. Oh, and there will be some guest appearances in the nest chapter. Muahahahahaaha. SHINHWA CHANGJO <3