Chapter 7: Unclear feelings

Who Are You?

“Andy! The 4 bowls of jajangmyun I just ordered!” yelled Minwoo.

Andy sped up his work but his productivity had fallen miserably. He was slowly getting frustrated at himself. Junjin on the other hand, noticed the younger man’s struggles and figured out that it was due to the break up. He felt bad for Andy but he knows Andy would have to get over it by himself. Junjin felt his heart tighten every single time he saw Andy hurting and willed himelf to talk to the maknae.

“Andy, are you alright? Do you need any help?”

“I’m okay hyung. Sorry for causing so much trouble. I….I just can’t get over her. I…I loved her so much.”

Junjin felt his instincts kinked in and hugged Andy from the back.

“I love you, Andy ah. I felt terrible every time you’re unhappy. Let me make you happy okay?”

Andy was startled by the statement but decided that Junjin was just joking and laughed.

“Hyung….. Are you drunk?”

Junjin was knocked back into his senses by Andy’s laughter.

“Uh… yeah. At least I managed to get a smile on that sullen face of yours.” He pinched Andy’s cheek before leaving the kitchen.

‘Andy yah, I wasn’t kidding.’

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

“Wanna bet?” asked Junjin confidently.

“Call! If I delivered them faster, I get to flick you on the forehead. And if I lost, I’ll buy you too a pool game.”

“Deal.”

“On 3.” Said Hyesung but Junjin had already ridden away.

“Yah! Park Choongjae!” Hyesung chased him down and they rode side by side.

That was when Hyesung saw a familiar figure on the ground in a back alley with a gang of people surrounding him.

“Jinnie! Pull over for a second.”

“Wae?”

“Just pull over.” Hyesung didn’t wait for Junjin to pull over before rushing to the gang of people.

“Hey! What are you guys doing?” shouted Hyesung bravely.

“We’re just playing with the useless freak. Come on, let’s go guys.” And with that the gang left after their leader bumped Hyesung’s shoulders.

“Are you alright? What happened?” Hyesung crouched in front of Eric.

“Nothing. I’m fine.” Eric tried to get up but failed.

Junjin came up and helped Eric to get on his feet.

“They are H.O.T. and is the most troublesome gang in the neighborhood. Why did they pick on you?” Junjin asked curiously.

“Maybe I’m too good-looking?”

“Haha, what a joke.” Hyesung said dryly before noticing Eric’s limp.

“Did you hurt your leg? Let me see.” Just when Hyesung’s hand was about to touch Eric’s trousers, Eric pushed it away.

“I’m fine. Thank you.”

“Are you sure? How about a ride home?” Asked Hyesung.

“Really? Thanks!”

“But let me deliver this bowl of noodles first.”

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

“Are you sure it’s here? Because I’m pretty sure that it’s the block behind this one.”

“Trust me.”

“Fine.” Hyesung gave up on arguing.

Hyesung managed to deliver the noodles to the right place and he can’t help but sigh, feeling Déjà vu. It’s like their first delivery all over again.

“So, am I right?” asked Eric who was waiting for Hyesung to return beside the delivery bike.

“Yes you are. Now, let’s get you home.”

 

-PAGE BREAK-

(ERIC’S POV)

 

I finally got home. I took off my shirt and went into the bathroom for a nice warm bath. I dried myself and looked into the mirror.

‘Who are you?’ I asked the reflection.

As if on cue, the headache broke in again. It was more intense than the last one. I held my head so tightly as if it was about to explode. The ringing in my head was accompanied by a little boy’s voice.

"Thanks! Hyukkie, you're the best!"

The pain was too immense that I can no longer stand on my two feet. I dropped onto the tiled floor in the toilet. I screamed my lungs out, hoping the pain would just go away. But it didn’t. I curled into myself trying to ease the pain. I can feel my shallow breath and every nerve in my body was telling me to just end this.

"Can I call you Hyesungie?"

What was that? Was that me? I don’t know. I couldn’t hold on any longer and I got up, using the wall as support, I inched forward to the living room. I felt so dizzy and I couldn’t will myself to open my eyes as the pain kicked in again. The last thing I know before blacking out completely was the sound of glass shattering and warm liquid engulfing my head.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Dongwan had just got home after a tiresome day of work. He was surprised when he entered his room. There on his bed, laid a white box. Dongwan happily opened the box and froze when he saw the content.

It was a custom made black suit with a note: “Your simple yet classy suit that suits you well. <3 Minwoo, your amazingly loving brother.”

Dongwan smiled after reading the note. He ran out of his room and to the living room where Minwoo was watching the news. He hugged him tightly and said: “Thanks, brother!”

“Wow, chill Wannie. Don’t choke me.”

Dongwan released his grip.

“Love you!” And with that, Dongwan left a flustered Minwoo with a heart that’s beating so fast like it was about jump out of his body.

 

 

 

 

Notes: Here you go, a chapter that i wrote while having slight writer's block. Hope you enjoy it. SHINHWA CHANGJO <3