Chapter 1: Prologue

Who Are You?

“Junghyuk ah! Go mix the flour for me!” called HyunDo from the kitchen.

“Neh, appa!”

Junghyuk quickly puts down his broom and rushed to the back of the kitchen to pour the flour into the mixing machine. He grabs the bowl of eggs that was pre-prepared by his appa and poured it onto the flour carefully.

“Jin! There’s a cigarette under your shoes.”

“Oh, thanks hyung.” Said Junjin as he swept the rubbish away and made an OK sign towards Hyesung who was wiping the tables by the front of the restaurant.

“Birds! We have an order!” yelled Dongwan who’s cleaning up the inside of the restaurant with Minwoo.

“Ok! I’ll go!” Hyesung walked into the restaurant, picked up the bowl of jajangmyun, put it into the delivery box, put on his helmet and left the restaurant in a flash.

“And….. we’re done.” Said Minwoo happily after arranging the last of the chairs in place.

“Wan ah! Go empty the dustbin please.” Called Hyundo after passing a container of raw meat to Andy.

Andy was extremely busy in the kitchen, as he’s the only one who’s cooking with his appa.

“Hyung! Where’s the dough?”

Junghyuk carried the whole piece of dough in through the back door.

“Here you go. Minwoo! How many bottles of water are ready?”

“Uh, 1…2…3….4……”

“Yah, stupid! 15!” said Dongwan who had just returned from emptying the dustbin.

“That’s not enough. It’s Sunday noon, which means we’ll be expecting more customers. Prepare at least 15 more before lunchtime Wan ah. Minwoo, can you get the room inside ready? There’s a booking for 9 by 1 pm.” The two just obeyed their eldest.

Soon, it was lunchtime and the boys worked efficiently and made sure that every customers were nicely served.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Hyundo is the owner of this jajangmyun restaurant and had been in the business for the past 30 years. He’s getting older and weaker but he still runs the restaurant as it had already become a habit of his. Besides, he had his 6 adopted sons to help him out.  Junghyuk is the eldest followed by Minwoo, Dongwan and Hyesung who are all of the same age, 22 this year. Junjin is the 5th, 21 years old while Andy, the youngest is another year younger. Among the 6, only Junghyuk, Minwoo and Dongwan each had a job besides helping out in the restaurant. Junghyuk is the CEO of an entertainment company, breaking the record for youngest ever CEO who’s not an heir while Minwoo is a fashion designer which means they only need to go to work occasionally. Dongwan on the other hand, is an accountant, so he only helps out during the weekends.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

The boys gathered around the dining table after a long day of work, waiting patiently for their appa to join them before digging in the addictive jajangmyun on the table.

“Appa! Are you done yet? Do you need any help?” called the maknae who was cradling a sleeping Junghyuk’s head while trying to shove away Minwoo’s naughty hand that was trying to disturb the sleeping guy.

“Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Let’s dig in, boys.” Said Hyundo who had just sat down beside Hyesung.

“Jin ah, don’t play with your food.” Hyesung reprimanded the baby bird for using the jajangmyun sauce as ink to draw on an empty plate.

Junghyuk sat up and started to unwrap and mix his noodles.

“Syungie~ how many times did you get lost today?”

“Yah! I’m a professional, ok? Those getting-lost-days are way over!” Hyesung glared at the guy which made the later smirk.

“OMG! Where’s my bag? Where’s my bag?! YAH MINWOO! WHERE’S MY BAG?” asked Dongwan frantically while hitting poor Minwoo’s left arm.

“Where’s……..Oh, There you are! My baby!” Dongwan picked up his bag which was lying just behind him all along and attacked it with kisses.

Hyundo watched his boys bicker and argue except for Andy who’s peacefully eating his noodles with a broad smile. But the peaceful image of Andy eating is disrupted when a certain Junjin spilled his bowl of jajangmyun onto Andy’s lap. Junjin who’s sitting opposite the maknae froze in place, not knowing what to do.

“Ah, hyung!”

“Mianhae mianhae. Please don’t get mad at me. Ok?” Junjin wiped the table and handed Andy a box of tissue while making the cutest puppy face at Andy.

‘When will they start to act like their age?’ thought Hyundo while smiling.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

But this was all in the past. Hyundo watched Andy, who’s cooking in the kitchen; Dongwan and Minwoo, who’re serving the customers; Junjin and Hyesung, who’re busy going in and out, delivering the noodles. He couldn’t help but sigh at how drastic things changed within 3 years. Ever since that day, that phone call, he lost a son. He lost him, his first and dearest son, Mun Junghyuk.

 

 

 

 

I'll apologise in advance as this will probably be the only post for the month. I'm going to be really busy when my final exam enter the 2nd week. Sorry about that but I can assure you that I will not abandon this fic. Anyway, how's the chapter? Good? Bad? I bet some of you expected our Leadernim to be the victim. Haha! Comments and criticism are very welcomed. SHINHWA CHANGJO <3