Chapter 8

Flames of a Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER EIGHT[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

Basing her outfit on comfort today, Eunji was wearing her favorite worn-out jeans and a gold-orange one shoulder top.
              

Kai smiled when he saw her. "You look lovely today." He grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.
               

Eunji laughed. "You're a liar."
              

Kai smiled. "But at least I'm good at it."
              

"Are you trying to say something?" she asked as she turned and raised an eyebrow.
              

Kai pulled Eunji towards the door. "Of course not."
              

Eunji leaned against him as she locked the door. "Of course you're not."
               

Kai smiled and pulled her down the hallway. Eunji's stomach growled.
              

Kai laughed. "Hungry?"
              

Eunji smiled. "I haven't eaten anything yet today."
              

Kai looked at the floating clock hanging in the main hall. "We've got enough time. Let's go see what they have in the dining hall."
              

Eunji laughed. "And if we didn't have time I wouldn't eat?"
              

 

"No, we'd both be late."
              

Eunji smiled.  When they reached the dining hall, the doors were still open. Kai led the way through the tables of tired students with later classes. Eunji sat down as Kai got the attention of a light purple nymph.
              

"Can we have whatever's left for breakfast?"
               

The nymph nodded and seemed to float away to the kitchen.
              

Eunji looked around the dining hall. "Everyone sure is quiet this morning."
              

Kai nodded as he whispered an incantation. The elemental compass that made up the centerpiece started shaking. It went still as the dial inside spun round and round.
              

Eunji laughed. "Why's it doing that?"
              

"Because it can't find just one element in you. You've got them all and the compass can't take it."
              

 

Eunji nodded. "So then make it stop before the compass breaks."
              

Kai smiled and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter