Chapter 2

Flames of a Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER TWO[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

Jessica’s instructions led her to a birch door with onyx numbers handing in the center. Other than the numbers, the door was devoid of any other decoration. Including a door handle.

            “Well how am I supposed to open it if there’s no door handle?” Eunji asked herself. She put a hand on either side of the door and pushed.

            “You’re supposed to put one hand under the center number and say your full name,” a warm voice said behind her.

            Eunji whirled around, purple hair fanning out behind her. A tall girl pushed dark hair away from her oval face with a gold headband. “I’m Veronica. One of the mythicaras for your hall and resident swim coach and mermaid,” she introduced.

            “Eunji, transfer junior and fey/phoenix mix,” she offered. “Aren’t fishnets a little ironic for a mermaid to wear?”

            Veronica smiled, flashing straight white teeth. “Handmade from actual fishing net. I’m a bit different,” she explained with a sheepish shrug.

            “No, that’s really cool,” Eunji replied with a smile. “Thanks for explaining the door thing.”

            “No prob,” Veronica replied. “See you around.” She waved and walked down the hallway, her heels clicking against the smooth marble floor.

            Eunji smiled again and put her hand beneath the onyx one. She stretched, feeling the cool wood beneath her slim fingers.

            “Eunji,” she whispered. The edges of the door briefly lit up with a dim purple light before swinging open.

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter