Chapter Five

Just A Dream

*Friday Morning*

I woke up to the pitter-patter of raindrops on the window.

Hmm…sounds like a little storm is going on.

I began to get up to stretch but I was held down by Jongdae’s arm around my waist. Apparently, sometime during the night, we kicked off all of the sheets wrapped ourselves around each other. I tried to wake him up but he just groaned and pulled me closer and his head had ‘conveniently’ found its way to nestle into my chest. The little ert thought he was being smart but I knew he was awake.

“Get up you little ert” I laughed at him.

“Nah… I like it here. It’s nice, warm and really comfortable. It’s like my own little piece of Heaven,” he said, laughing at his own joke, “Why do you want to get up now for anyways? It’s like…4:30.” He said glancing at the clock.

“Well, if you must know, I quite like watching storms, they’re really relaxing to watch when you’re indoors,” I said, gazing at the window, watching the drops race against each other, “And I guess I got up early because I’m excited to see Liu today.”

“Oh yeah… I almost forgot she was coming in today.”

I can feel him staring at my back.

“See something you like?”

“Yup.” he said grinning like the Cheshire cat. “I’m such a lucky man…” he said wistfully.

“Why do you say that?” I say turning to him.

“Because I get to marry the most beautiful, talented, overall amazing woman in the entire world.” He whispered.

“You really think so?”

He nodded.

“Well I think that I’m the luckiest woman alive.”

“Why?”

“Because I get to marry you.” I whispered, leaning in.

He met me the rest of the way and we were so close that I could almost feel his lips on mine. He was literally giving off heat and just as we were about to close the gap… the phone rang.
I begrudgingly moved away to answer the phone and I felt all the warmth move away from around me immediately.

“Tell whoever’s calling that they’re a damn er!” he laughed as I picked up the phone and he had me laughing along with him.

Damn… this boy knows how to make a girl laugh… I bet he’s a great kisser… and I bet he’s great in other things too… Focus Mei! You barely even remember anything about him… take it slowly… but he’s so good looking, even when he’s just waking up… Damn it! I forgot how to say hello…

“Hello?” the voice on the other end said.

I quickly collected myself and turned away from Jongdae’s gaze.

“Umm, hello?”

Is this Meili?”

“Yeah, yeah it is. Who is this?”

“It’s Liu! Your big sis!”

When I heard who it was I immediately rapid fired questions at her. “Oh hi Liu! What’s up with you and Mieko? Are you okay? When are you getting in? We’re picking you up from the airport right?”

“Whoa, whoa slow it down there,” she giggled, “Mieko and I are fine… well I’m okay but Mieko looks like if she hasn’t slept in a million years.”

I laughed “So, when are guys coming in?”

“Well…I got a bit of bad news about that…our flight got changed from France to Spain and neither me or Mieko can speak Spanish. Then it was delayed so we missed the connecting flight, then we were trying to get on a flight to get there as soon as possible but the next one isn’t until Sunday so we have to wait until then…sorry but don’t fret. I still have 2 weeks to spend with you and Jongdae so put that smile back on your face.”

“How did you know that I was frowning?”

“It’s a sister thing,” she laughed, “So are you cool with this?”

“Yeah, I’m sure I can wait 2 more days to see you.” I said smiling.

“Great! See you soon! Tell Jongdae that Mieko and I said hello! Bye! Love you!”

“Okay, I will. Bye, love you too.” I said, hanging up the phone.


I turned around to Jongdae with a slight frown on my face.

“What’s the matter?”

“Liu got some travelling troubles so she won’t be here until Sunday.” I said, sitting back down next to him.

“Well, you’re on sick leave and I’m staying home to take care of you so at least we have each other.”

“Yeah…”

“Hey… look at me,” he said raising my chin and locking his eyes on mine, “don’t be sad… be happy that she said she has to cancel the trip and besides I’m still here for you. In fact, if you want to, we can stay in this very bed until we have to pick her up on Sunday.”

I smiled at him “Yeah… I would like that.”

“Great! Then it’s settled! By royal decree of Her Majesty, Meili, I declare that we are banned from leaving this bed! “He shouted in the dumbest accent ever which, of course, made me laugh.

 

You know what? To hell with me waiting until I knew him better. We’re going to be getting married and I can definitely see that he loves me dearly and somewhere deep down in my heart I know that I love him dearly as well and besides… after we’re married I have the rest of my life with him together to get to know him all over again…

 

“I’m so lucky to have you.” I said, pulling him in for that much desired kiss.