Chapter Eight

Just A Dream

It was a rainy May morning and I was enjoying the sound of rain against my window. Over the past few weeks I’ve been seriously tired. Jongdae has been taking me place after place, I have not even gotten to hang out with my friends in like a month.

I kind of miss them, and whenever I see them in the street and try to say ‘hi’, they get all awkward and make up lame excuses like ‘Umm, I have to go home and water my cat!’ and Jongdae would pull me in the opposite direction.

Personally, I think that they’re are either planning something or just trying to avoid me and every time I ask Jongdae what is going on he would just stare into space for a while acting like if he did not hear me then he would look at me and then talk about something completely different. It was as if he was hiding something. I twisted and turned in bed thinking about this when there was a knock on my door.

“Come in!’ I said lazily.

“Hey there sleepy head,” Liu said as she slowly pushed open the door, “I have a surprise for you. You’re going to love it!”

“What is it?” I asked, sitting up.

She grinned, “Well, before you lost your memory, you were planning your wedding but you hadn’t really gotten anywhere so when Jongdae told me what happened, I decided to do you a favour. I got your friends together and we…uh…well…we planned your wedding for you! Down to the last detail, all we need for you to do now is try on the dress Hwayoung made for you.”

“I knew it!” I shouted suddenly.

“What? What do you mean?”

“Well, I had a feeling that you guys were planning something because of all the sneaking around but I didn’t know what exactly you were planning.”

“Oh wow,” she said shaking her head, “always the observant one.

“But on a serious note, thank you so much, this is amazing.” I say, hugging her with tears in my eyes.

“Hey, don’t cry,” she said, wiping my tears, “I wanted to do this. You’re my baby sister, I’ll do anything for you.”

-

The wedding was amazing. My dress was a long and simple white strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and a silver band of cloth was tied around my waist and the bottom of the dress was flared from the hips down.

The bridesmaids were dressed in long, strapless teal dresses and Liu, my Maid of Honour, was in a long, teal strapless dress and it had a blue cloth wrapped around her waist and tied at the side. Jongdae and the boys were all dressed smartly in matching suits.

The whole ceremony was absolutely wonderful; Liu should become a wedding planner. At the reception, I saw the cake that C.C made, I was speechless. It was a three tiered cake with fondant icing that faded from blue and the top to green at the bottom with white swirls on it and silhouettes of dolphins, whales and fishes were dotted all over the cake and you know what the best part of the cake was? It was red velvet!

C.C’s mum did the catering and it was awesome as usual. She made all of my favourite foods and then some. Mieko sang, Yixing and Katashi were the DJs and we danced all night long. It was the best night of my life and I have my awesome sister, my awesome boyfriend husband and my amazing friends to thank for it.

After everyone left, Jongdae led me to the waiting vehicle to go home and get some rest. I knew that he did not want to rest but I was dead tired and we had to get up early to leave for our honeymoon tomorrow.

 “Did you have fun tonight?” he asked me while playing with my hair.

“Of course I did!”

He just smiled and kissed me, “I’m really glad you did. I had a lot of fun too. Liu really outdid herself.”

 “Yeah, she did, didn’t she? I’m going to miss her, Yixing, Mieko and Katashi.”

“Yeah, me too.”

Liu and Yixing were heading to China to visit Yixing's family before going back to France but Mieko and Katashi were leaving for France tomorrow afternoon so I won’t be seeing them when we get back.

We rode in a comfortable silence for a while but then I asked, “Jongdae, I don’t mean to pry or anything but where are we going tomorrow?”

“That’s not prying, you were just curious. You mustn’t be afraid of asking questions, after all they are meant to be asked, and we’re going to St. Vincent.”

“Where?”

“A Caribbean island. You’ll love it, let's get some colour on your cheeks.” he grinned.

“Hmm…if you say so.”

That night I slept so peacefully. My first night as Mrs Matheson. I wonder what tomorrow holds for me. 


A/N: I just had to put my country in there :D (Go St. Vincent!...lol)