Chapter Nine

Just A Dream

After an extremely long flight, we arrived in St. Vincent. If it's one thing I know about myself is that I hate flying- no, scratch that, I hate flying when the plane has to keep making stops. we stopped in three different countries before we got here, but I slept for most of it so I guess it wasn't that bad.

After we collected our bags, we got into a taxi. We were staying at a resort-the name Jongdae said has escaped me. The drive was really long and I really wanted to sleep but I was looking out the window. I know it was dark but that doesn't mean I can't look outside. By the time we got to the resort, my eyes were already closing down.

"Come on sleepy head," Jongdae said, lifting me out of the taxi, "let's get you to sleep."

A bellboy came up and took our bags while Jongdae and I went to check in then he led the both of us to our room... well, it was more like a mini house than a room. 

"Enjoy your stay." the bellboy said, setting our bags inside.

Jongdae gave him a tip then led me inside.

"Listen Mei, for the next few weeks it's gonna be all about you. I'm not going to do anything anthing um... 'dirty' with you." he said, doing air quotes around 'dirty'. "I just want you to enjoy yourself."

"Well, what if that's what I want to do for enjoyment?" I asked, running my hand along his jaw.

"Um...well, if you put it that way..." he stuttered while turning red.

I giggled, "I'm just messing with you. i can wait until we get back home."

he quickly regained his composure and smirked at me, "Well I'm sure we can arrange to fit that in while we're here."

I smacked his chest, "Ya! Kim Jongdae!"

He just laughed loudly at me then kissed me deeply before pulling the covers over our bodies.

-

The rest of the trip went by quickly. During the day, we would go exploring and I night we would find ourselves kissing until we fell asleep. 

I fell in love with St. Vincent. It was awesome and Jongdae made sure to take me every place possible while we were there. When we get back I'm going to miss it here, especially since I have to return to work, but Jongdae said we can come back every year if I wanted to.

When the day came to leave, I didn't want to go and I gave Jongdae one hell of a time trying to get me out of bed. 

"Come on Mei, it's time to go; we can always come back."

I finally pulled myself from the bed and got dressed then we checked out and drove to the airport. Time for another long flight...with more damned stop-overs.

-

When we got back it was almost one in the morning. Thank goodness I have the weekend to sleep. Whne we got home, we just threw down our bags, changed and then climbed into bed.

The next morning, I woke up to Jongdae placing light kisses all over my face.

I opened my eyes and saw him staring at me with clouded eyes.

"You said that you wanted to wait until we were back home...and would you look at where we are..."

I couldn't say anything because a second later, his lips were on mine. One thing led to another and let's just say that we didn't leave the bed that day.

-

I woke up the next morning with a start and rushed to the bathroom, waking Jongdae in the process. I emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet. Jongdae came in and he held back my hair.

"Meili? What's wrong?" he asked in a soothing voice.

"I'm not sure but I have an idea. Hand me the phone, I'm gonna call C.C."

When he left, I brushed my teeth to get rid of the bad taste left in my mouth.

When he came back with the phone, I immediately dialed her number.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey, I have something important to ask you."

"Sure, what's up?"

"Well, yesterday, Jongdae and I um...we had , and I just woke up and puked. Do you think that means I'm...I'm pregnant?"

"Hang on, I'll be right over and I'll bring you a test."

"Oh my God, thank you. You're a saint!"

She just laughed then hung up.

-

When C.C arrived, she pushed me in the bathroom and gave me a test. After a few minutes, I came out with the little stick in my hands.

"Well?" Jongdae asked eagerly, "Am I gonna be a daddy?"

The hope in his eyes made me smile, "...Yes."

He came up and hugged me tightly, lifting me off the ground and I hugged him back just as tightly. 

"I'm so happy!" he laughed.

I laughed as well, "Me too."

"Congratulations!" C.C said as she hugged me, "Jongdae, treat her extra special from now on okay?"

"Yes ma'am!" he saluted her.

She shook her head at him, "Well then, I'll be leaving then. Mei, wouldn't mind if I tell the other right?"

"No, no. Go right ahead."

"Well then bye." She hugged me one last time.

"Bye."

Jongdae hugged me again and lifted me off the ground.

"I'm so excited!" he said when he let me back down.

"Me too, Jongdae, me too." I said kissing him.