Truth or Lie

Fox Wedding

 

 

Trying to keep promises


 

 

 

Sunggyu was lying restlessly in his bed, changing his position every two minutes at least; Sunggyu never had any troubles falling asleep but today he simple couldn't stop his mind from running crazy. He tried hard to distract himself with any other activity like the good old sheep counting but nothing could bring his thoughts away from this certain person. Sunggyu wasn't entirely sure what he felt- he was sacred and nervous yet he was happy to meet Woohyun tomorrow, it's been three days since Dongwoo and Hoya went for their vacation in Busan and it also had been three full days since Sunggyu had seen Woohyun even though they are neighbors.

But Sunggyu needed the time anyway, all the while he was thinking about the best way to approach his friend, Is it better to ask straight away? To beat around the bush? Sunggyu wasn't sure and he was so terrified to hear something he really wouldn't want to hear from the younger but still it didn't help, right? He had to know and he had to make his move, he promised Hoya and Sunggyu always keeps his promises, he was a person who really believed in the roles of promises- You make one so you have to keep it, as simple as that.

Of course this wasn't the only reason, he surly wanted to know it too but one of the biggest points is that even though Sunggyu will be an official college student in only a few months he had never been kissed, nor someone ever confessed to him and vice versa. In the case of love Sunggyu is still a total untouched, innocent person. Why?- He wanted to save everything for his soulmate, since he was young he also truly believed in the saying that God always bounds two persons with each other so these two persons simply had to find each other to finally be complete, to be happy, to live the life which was their destiny. 

And yes Sunggyu was sure Woohyun was indeed his other half, his destiny, his soulmate.

 

So after another restless hour he decided to go with the flow, the day is going to be long and there surely would be a good moment to ask, even though Sunggyu didn't want to get his hopes up by Hoya's comment about Woohyun never dated someone but Sunggyu couldn't stop thinking about scenarios in which Woohyun would really tell him he never did meet someone, what would he do then? Confess? Just be happy? Stay quiet? Sunggyu wasn't sure but in the end at some point of his more or less pointless thinking sleep overcame him and he had blissful dreams of a future which absolutely included his soulmate.

 

 

Sunggyu was still lying in his bed, save under his covers still not fully awake but not asleep anymore nevertheless the morning came much to soon for Sunggyu's liking but a smile made his way on his face the moment he heard the smooth, calming voice of his Woohyun.

"Gyu hyung come wake up~"- Woohyun whispered careful to not be to loud while he the bit of face of Sunggyu which wasn't covered with his big blanket.

Woohyun was already like a second son for Sunggyu's parents so when he asked them if Sunggyu was already awake Mrs. Kim sent him upstairs with a small wink and 'Don't be to harsh you know he always oversleep~", so here was Woohyun sitting on the bed next to his most cherished hyung enjoying the cute sight of his still not fully awake friend.

"Mhmmm~"- Sunggyu only hummed and turned around ready to fall asleep again with a wide grin on his face; he loved it when he dreamed about Woohyun and now he even heard his lovely voice.

"Gyu~ come on didn't you want to have some fun today?"- Woohyun said,shaking him lightly.

"Hyunnieeee I'm just dreaming~ I have plenty of time lefftttttt."- Sunggyu whispered sloppy still thinking he dreams.

"Gyuuuu I'm sitting right here, I'll leave you here if you don't come."- Woohyun pouted and shook him a bit more this time, even though he knew the older for such a long time he was still amazed by the deep slummer of the older and his extremely problems to wake up in the morning.

"Hyun d-don't leaaave."- Sunggyu whined after awhile still in his sleepy mode.

"Why?"- Woohyun asked mockingly, he loved it to talk to a sleep talking Sunggyu because sometimes the most ridiculous stories ever are made by this.

"Because I looooveee of course you dummy~"

"Y-you do what?"

" I looovee you~."

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*________________________________________________________________________________*_*_*_*_

 

Exact two hours later Sunggyu woke up form his deep sleep, he stretched his still stiff limps and took a look at this little rilakuma alarm clock, what he got as a christmas present from Woohyun since the latter thought it was as cute as Sunggyu,  but what he saw wasn't what he expected. He overslept by nearly three freaking hours! He immediately jumped out of his bed and searched for some clothes while he was nonstop cursing about himself. Barely five minutes later he was ready to go and speeded to Woohyuns house, he really had to apologize to Woohuyn.

 

Mrs. Nam opened the door happily and  told Sunggyu that her son is still in his room so he should go their to find him, Sunggyu thanked her and dashed to his room, slightly out of breath he opened the door and there was Woohyun sitting on his bed staring at his cell phone.

 

"Ohhh my Godd Woohyun! I'm soooo sorry!! I totally overslept!"- Sunggyu exclaimed the moment he saw Woohyun, Woohyun grinned and patted the space next to him for Sunggyu to sit down.

"Naww no problem Gyu~ We have all day right?"- Woohyun smiled loving.

"Nooo it is a problem I'm horribly sorry! Have you waited all the time?"- Sunggyu asked worried.

"I checked facebook and twitter so I wasn't bored or something, no need to feel bad~"

"Aigoo why didn't you just come over and kick my or something like that?"- Sunggyu groaned and it took his friend some time to answer.

"Uhmm I-I went over b-but you seemed to need more sleep so I left without waking you."

"You went over?"

"Uh yeah but never mind now, you're here now so let`s go to this new cafè we wanted to try!"- Woohyun said fast, took Sunggyus hand in his and dranged him out of his room.

 

On their way out they bid goodbye to Woohyuns parents and made their way to the small new cafè in the middle of the town. They heard only good things about it and it sells only sweet stuff, it's especially known for their deserts with strawberries as ingredient so Woohyun was sure Sunggyu would like it. In addition the cafè was some kind of a couple cafè but Woohyun certainty didn't tell Sunggyu about that.

The walk to the cafè was silent both of them deep in thoughts but haven't let go of the others hands. Sunggyu was thinking about the strange dream he had this morning, it felt so really he literally could hear Woohyuns voice and feel his touch but Sunggyu kind of hoped it was just a dream because if not he had confessed his love to his friend in a state out of mind but Woohyun would have said something if he had really said the things to him he dreamt about, right?

On the other hand you had Woohyun who was deeply in thoughts about the chat he had with his sleepy head earlier the day; you can't trust the words of a sleep drunken person, right? He must have dreamt about his crush or something like this Woohyun convinced himself and right after they reached the cafè.

Woohyun let go of Sunggyu's hand and fortunately didn't hear the small whining of Sunggyu. He held the door open for his friend and followed him into the cafè, they took a seat in a corner. Not a minute later a waitress came to their table to give them a menu.

 

Everything sounded fantastic so Sunggyu wanted to eat everything if he could but in the end he settled for a cup of fresh brewed herbal tee and a piece of cream strawberry cake while Woohyun took a vanilla late with lots of whipped cream on top and a piece of chocolate cake.

The waitress smiled at them when she took their orders and came back with exact the same smile but with a tablet full of plates. They thank her and started to eat.

"Mhmmm Hyun that tastes fantastic~"- Sunggyu said looking like he was on cloud nine every time he leaded the fork loaded with cake in his mouth.

"Yeahhh it tasts damn good we have to come here often~"- Woohyun answered back with at least as much bliss in his voice as Sunggyu.

"How about we come here every Sunday!"- Sunggyu asked with glowing eyes.

"That seems like a plan! but I want to try some of yours"- Woohyun said and opened his mouth.

"Uhm s-sure."- Sunggyu whisper and feed his friend with his fork and blushed madly at the thought that this was just like a indirect kiss.

They chatted a bit and after a while Sunggyu was curious what they will be doing later the day since Woohyun was the person to plan their days normaly.

"Hyunnie what are we doing later?~"

"Uhm I don't know yet, don't you have somewhere you want to go?

"Will you go everywhere with me where I want?"

"Of course."

"Okayyyyy~"- Sunggyu said happily and pressed his lips together thinking about a place to go.

"Oh I know I want to go to the amusement park!"- Sunggyu exclaimed happily and clapped his hands together.

"Okay then we are going to the amusement park~"

"Yeahh~ You're the best."- Sunggyu grinned and took a slip of his still hot tea.

 

 When they finished their late breakfast they went to the next bus stop to get to an amusement park of Sunggyu choice. In the end they nearly spent their whole day at the park and had lots of fun especially Woohyun because Sunggyu was more or less a coward so he would scream by nearly every ride they took.

But even though Sunggyu was afraid from most of the rides in the park he drove them nonetheless, Woohyun was with him so nothing would happen was what the told himself all the while to smooth his anxiety mind.

Of course they didn't only drove exiting things like rollercoaster but they drove sweet things like the big wheel too, all in all it was a fantastic day and Sunggyu was happy he could spent such a great day with his crush, it was just like such scenarios of Shojo-mangas in which the two main characters go to an amusement park together for their first date but even though Sunggyu had fun all day long he didn't forgot his promise, today is the day after all.

 

After hours of fun, cotton candy, screams and sweet moments they took the bus back home but Sunggyu didn't want to go home just now so he asked Woohyun if they could walk a bit in the nearby park since it was still good weather and the moon and stars could be seen extremely well today. Woohyun nodded with a smile on his face and wrapped his hand lightly around Sunggyus hips while they were walking on a little path between flowers and trees.

No words were spoken for a few minutes until Woohyun felt Sunggyu shiver lightly.

"Gyu are you cold?"- Woohyun asked caring and let go of Sunggyu's hip to take his hand instead.

"Naw just a bit but it's okay."- Sunggyu replied and looked at Woohyun with a loving smile.

"Look gyu there's a bench, let's take a seat."- Woohyun whispered and pulled his hyung to the bench to sit down while he took of his jacket, When Sunggyu took a seat he wrapped the jacket around the older and wrapped one arm around the older's shoulder so they would sit closer.

They looked at the sky watching the stars and moon shining until a shooting star appeared.

"Did you see it Gyu?"- Woohyun asked and pulled Sunggyu even closer.

"Yes I did."

"Then wish for something and it will come true but you can't tell me what it is ,okay?"- Woohyun explained and Sunggyu nodded.

Please let me have a happy ending, let us have a happy ending.

"Did you wish for something?"- Woohyun asked and the hair of his older friend.

"Yeah I did and you?"

"Me too~"- Woohyun answered and slightly smiling by the thought of his wish.- Please let the things he said in the morning be true.

"Huynnie?"

"Mhmm?"

"Can you sing something for me?"

"Uhm o-of course but why?"- Woohyun answered a bit unsure.

"Because I love your voice."

"O-okay uhm d-do you want to hear something in particular?"

"Everything is fine."

"O-okay."

Woohyun took a deep breath trying to clam his much to fast beating heart and sang the first song which came into his mind when he thought about the one he loved for years now.

Did you come into my heart?
Tell me, since when?

When I turn my head
I think about your eyes

Can I Could I Be Your Man
Time seems to be flowing toward you
At your wordless gestures
I can’t close my eyes
You get even clearer
So Give Me The Light
Give Me The Light

Your shining smile melts me
It reveals the world, it shines in front of me
Even if everything changes and disappears
I only feel your light

I Wanna Kiss You
I Wanna Hold You Tight
I want to share everything with you

I hope you’ll lean on me

 

By the end of his singing he heard oh so lightly sobs and felt Sunggyu nuzzling deeper into his chest and wrapping his arms around him.

"Sunggyu what's wrong?"- Woohyun asked worried and his hair loving, he hated it when his friend was sad.

"Woohyun-ah can I ask you s-something?"- He whispered into his chest but Woohyun heard it nonetheless.

"Go ahead."

"Do you h-have a girlfriend at the moment?"

"No where did you get this idea from?"

"Okay and did you have a girlfriend back in h-high-school?"

"N-no I didn't."- Woohyun answered slowly and heard a loud sob from his friend.

"D-don't lie t-to me...T-they told m-me."

"Who did what?!"

"T-the girls form c-class told me a-about every and e-each of you girlfriends and I...i was so h-hurt. Why didn't you tell m-me about them?". Sunggyu whispered and some tears left his eyes, he really didn't want to cry but what the younger sang early was like the thoughts of himself.

"They did what?! These es."- Woohyun cursed under his breath, that's what he got for being a too nice person, the only person he never wanted to find about it, heard it from some class mates, just great.

"S-Sunggyu I can explain....it's not l-like that."

"Then tell me, what is it like then? You didn't have the guts to tell me ,your bestfriend, about you being in love with someone? What is the problem about that?! I would had supported you okay?! You are the ...the most important person in my life y-yet I'm not in y-yours. I was so hurt when they approached me just to t-tell me you have a n-new one and you didn't even bother to tell me..."

"No Sunggyu it's not like this, please..."

"Then what is it like?!"- Sunggyu retorted with tears following down his eyes while he looked into Woohyuns eyes.

 

Flashback

Woohyun was happy about the fact he will have a little 'date' with his shy Sunggyu when he walked upstairs to the roof top because he had still a lot of time left since his friend had one hour longer than he had. He was about to take a nap in the hope to have sweet dreams about his little angle when a girl he had seen a few time approached him with trembling hands.

"Hello Woohyun oppa I hope I didn't interrupt you."

"Oh no everything's fine, how can I help you?"

"Uhmm oppa, I-i know you don't date girls or boys who confess to you b-but could you make an exception for me?"- She asked with the eyes down cast.

"Uh I already like someone I'm sorry."- Woohyun answered and the girl started to cry.

"I-I thought so b-but I don't mind Oppa, I don't like you that way b-but can't you help me?"- She sobbed and Woohyun felt so much pity for her that he patted the space next to him for the girl to sit down.

"Ehm I honestly am confused, if you don't like me why do you want me to be your boyfriend?"

"Oppa p-please don't laugh at me b-but I get bullied so much and I ...I can't life anymore...I'm at m-my limits and...and I want it to stop."- The girl broke down and Woohyun was totally worried about the girl now that the girl mentioned it he indeed had seen her before crying but he was running late so he hadn't time to comfort the crying girl.

"And how can I help you there?"- He asked her with a calm voice trying to smooth the broken girl rubbing circles on her back.

"They said if y-you would accept my 'confession' they w-would stop, please oppa help me just this one time y-you don't have to be seen with me I-i won't tell anyone besides the ones who make my l-life hard ...please j-just t-this one time I-I'm begging you."- She cried hard and Woohyun was taken aback, what for a request was this please?

"But I-i don't know if I could help you, I already like someone and I certainly had to walk around with you so they would stop bulling you."

"No Woohyun-ssi please! I-i can't life like this anymore and I can't transfer to an other s-school, if it goes like this I-i might kill myself it's like...like hell...I can't anymore."

By the mention of suicided Woohyun's alarm began to ring. he couldn't let this girl down as long as Sunggyu never hears about this it wouldn't be a problem.

"What would I have to do?"

"Just go to a cafè with me today t-that's all."

"And you think they would stop bulling you then?"- Woohyun asked rising one brow he really didn't believe it would be as easy as that.

"Y-you are unreachable and e-everyone adores you s-so when they see you 'like' me they leave me alone and I could be a normal g-girl."

"So you say I just have to go to your bullies to show them that you're my 'girlfriend' and that's it basically?"- Woohyun asked skeptical.

"Yes please j-just try I would be thankful for the rest of m-my life, I know it's all absolutely egoistic but please just pretend to be my boyfriend for a few months after that you don't have to ever see nor hear from me again."

Woohyun thought about it a lot it seemed to be so god damn unreal but he didn't want to take the last hope from a girl who seemed to be at the end of her powers so he agreed to help her even though he didn't believed he could really help her but only under one condition

"I'll help you, you can tell who ever you want that I'm your boyfriend and beat them up if they touch you or something like that BUT one certain person should never hear about that it that clear? Do you know Kim Sunggyu, the smartest boy in the whole school?"

"Of course I know him, he's your best friend ,right?"

"Yes he is and I promised him something so whatever you or your friends are doing he should never know about this all, okay?"

"Okay oppa he will never find out."

This afternoon Woohyun accompanied the girl as her official boyfriend and was introduced to her bullies and he even watched a move with her and these es, pardon girls and even though Woohyun would had never thought the girl was right, he meet her a few times to make sure she was okay and indeed she wasn't bullied anymore and Woohyun was utterly confused by the strange thoughts girls must have but nonetheless he was happy for the girl and after a few months she 'broke up' with him but her life was now filled with happiness instead of pain and thoughts of ending her life and Woohyun was happy and proud that he was able to help the girl even though it seemed to be absolute pointless.

During his high-school days he helped two other girls as well

  1. Kim Narae - he found her trying to end her life by jumping from the roof top because she couldn't stand the bulling anymore and
  2. Lee Sohyun- she was crying in a corner while some girls throw things at her, he stood up for her by saying he was her boyfriend and they should stop immediately.

And as silly as it may sounds he really helped this bullied girls just by saying he was their boyfriend but Woohyun was always careful that Sunggyu would never find out and he was absolutely sure he did never found out...

Flashback end

 

Woohyun tried to explain the things to Sunggyu but with every sentence he said Sunggyu looked more confused and betrayed. Woohyun had the feeling Sunggyu didn't trust his words even though they were true.

After Woohyun was finish with his explanation Sunggyu sat back and the only things the older did was breathing and blinking. After a few minutes Woohyun couldn't stand the silence anymore.

"Sunggyu?"

"Did you just make up this story or is it true? I know how kind hearted you are but..."

"No it's really the truth I would never lie to you!"

"I-i know but why didn't you tell me?"- Sunggyu asked quietly now facing Woohyun again.

"I-i just didn't w-want you to misunderstand, to think I really like this girls to simple think I'm someones boyfriend."- Woohyun breathed out.

"I would have understand, Hyun I know you for so long don't you trust me?"

"I trust you! I trust you the most of all people I know! I just didn't...didn't want you to know..."

"But...why?"

"Because...because I...I love you."- Woohyun whispered so quietly even he ,himself, didn't hear it.

"Because what? Speak a bit louder Hyunnie."

But Sunggyu was meet by silence.

Woohyun was between a rock and a hard place, he really imaged his first and hopefully only love confession different but he had the feeling that this has to be said now. He fell in love with Sunggyu over the years, it started with a small crush at the end of elementary school and he wanted to brush it off as just a crush but over the time the small crush developed into love. Woohyun wasn't sure when he started to love his hyung but he certainly does. He was never sure what the other thought of him did he thought of him as just a friend? Would he ever see him as a man he could love and then again would he even be able to love him even though he is a man and not a woman. Woohyun wanted to confess his love to him for such a long time now but he was afraid,however it looked like today would be the day.

 

He took a deep breath to sort out his though and to think about the best way to tell the other without creeping him out.

"S-Sunggyu I have to tell you something."- Woohyun said while looking at the sky before he faced his friend again, who only nodded for him to continue.

"I don't know if you still like me even as a friend but it has to be said and today is the day so it seems at least."- Woohyun began and took a short pause to take a deep breath, he the cheek of his friend tenderly and continued.

"You are the most precious thing in my life, the moment I saw you I knew you are something special so I had to treat you as such- You are my dearest friend and nobody could ever take your place. I trust you the most of all people, heck I think I trust you even more as my mum! I am so happy to be able to call you my best friend and for me you will always be my best friend but at some point of time something changed. I just saw you with different eyes and I-i just can't think straight anymore when you're near me. Let me be honest with you, I don't need any other person in my life as long as I have you."- Woohyun said and slowly wiped the tears from his little angles face since the older had started to cry in the middle of his sentence.

"Don't cry I'm not finished yet, you are my everything and I will just say this once with the fear of losing you still in the back of my mind but I fall in love with you so deep not even I thought I could fall for a person and no matter how much times passes you will always be the one I want in my live. So Kim Sunggyu, you my best friend, will you accept the feelings of your stupid childhood friend even though I'm not the woman you may have dreamt about being together with you?"- Woohyun asked and was seriously afraid to be rejected by the only one he ever had eyes for but much to his dissatisfaction Sunggyu didn't said a word nor stop to cry, at this moment Woohyun was nearly sure he lost his friend, his love, his angle. He embraced his crying friend and tired to at least smooth the other.

"Gyu y-you don't have to cry, I'm sorry I ju-"- Woohyun whispered in Sunggyus ear but was interrupted by a pair of lips which kissed him tenderly.

He was taken aback first but closed his eyes only second afterwards when he opened them again he saw Sunggyu wiping his tears away with a smile on his face.

"Never say you are sorry okay? because Nam Woohyun I gladly accept your feelings~"- Sunggyu said with a love filled voice before he kissed his long time crush again.

"Y-you d-do?"- Woohyun asked perplex.

"O-of course, Hyunnie I-i love you."- Sunggyu said shyly and his cheeks turned red but not only his.

"Y-you do?"

"Yes I do and I only want to spent my life with you, you are my soulmate and my light, I wouldn't be able to life without you.Until the day I die, until the oceans go dry, you will always have a place in my heart and I will never be able to let you go."- Sunggyu whispered and this time Woohyun was the one who let a few tears roll down his face.

Sunggyu brushed them away and hugged him tight, they stayed like this for a moment, enjoying each others warmth but after a while the realized that it was nearly 11 p.m and they had to get going before their parents would kill them for being late.

They walked home hand in hand talking about anything and everything, and Woohyun had to giggle by his own thoughts before he said them out loud.

"I've never thought an accepted love confession would involve so many tears."

"Neither me."- Sunggyu giggled back and squeezed Woohyuns hand a bit. On the doorstep to Sunggyus house Woohyun kissed his forehead and bid him good bye but waited until the other closed the door before he walked to his house.

 

Shortly before Sunggyu wanted to hit the sack his phone rang and he was kind of confused why Woohyun called him althought he had seen him just 2 minutes ago nonetheless he picked up the call.

"Hyunnie? What's wrong?"

"Nothing just listen."

"Okay."

"My love, my everything, angle form heaven.

You stole both of my eyes and the world around me.

Little Star~

Tonight~

I will protect you all night."- Woohyun sang with sweet voice.

"Good night sweet heart but let me ask one question before you go sleeping."

"Sure go ahead my favorite singer."

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"I would love to~"

"Okay angle now you can go sleep see you tomorrow, only dream of me~"

 

They ended the call after that and Sunggyu was never happier in his life, he couldn't believe his luck and wasn't sure if it wasn't just a dream but he hoped he would wake up the next day to see Nam Woohyun not just as his bestfriend but as his boyfriend.

In the morning he was woken up by a tender morning kiss which meant he certainly didn't  only dream about yesterday evening and he couldn't hide his smile.

 

A few weeks later they visited Hoya and Dongwoo after their vacation and to say Hoya was proud would be an understatement.

And since Sunggyu was a person who kept his promises he treated Hoya and Dongwoo for dinner just like he promised the Busan boy.

 

 

 



 

 

Wahhh what do you think about this chapter? did you like it? I hope >x<

I hope you don't think my idea of kind hearted Woohyun helping three poor girls is crap xDD but that's how I imagined it to be quite honest xDD

But finally they confessed their love for each other and everything worked out~~

The next chapter will be the last~~~~

oh and the song lyrics I used are :

  1. Light-Sunggyu Solo ( Season 2)
  2. Little Star- Standing Egg ( the song Shin Woohyun sings for Seulbi in 'High.School Love On!)-> the moment Woohyun sang this song I had to think of my story and though it would totally suit it kkk

(Word count approx. 4900)