Long forgotten

Fox Wedding

 

Breaking Promises


 

 

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun were liying in the grass at the little park near their houses, they laid there watching the clouds, hearing the birds sing their love songs, enjoying the warm sun and simply enjoying the others company. Non of them talked, they just hold each others hands and were relaxing.

It was a wonderful day, everything had been wonderful for Sunggyu since his Woohyun came to his life.

They were both deep in thoughts as it suddenly started to rain altoughed the sun was still shining but the two didn't move even an inch, they only started to talk.

 

"Woohyun-ah"

"Hmm?"- Woohyun simply 'hummed' and squeezed the small, soft hand of his friend a bit.

"It's a fox wedding, I hope we'll be able to see a rainbow some where."

"Hyung what is a fox wedding?"- The younger asked and turned his face to look at this friend with glowing eyes.

"When the sun shines while it rains that's called a fox wedding, it means that two fox spirits have their wedding at the moment."- Sunggyu explained and turned his face as well to see the reaction of his friend. Now they were only millimeters away from each other, Sunggyu could feel the hot breath hitting his lips and he was surely nervous.

"Wow really?! You're so intelligent hyung~ Do you think I could marry during a fox wedding?"

"I don't know, maybe if the weather's on your side . Who do you want to marry anyway?"

"Mhmm I don't know I'm still to young to know...Do you already know?"

"Mhmm yes..."- Sunggyu answered honestly and turned his head once again to look at the clouds  since it stopped raining.

"Really?! Who do you want to marry?"- Woohyun asked overly excited and hold Sunggyus hand now with both of his own while he looked at his hyung with big eyes.

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes you, I want to marry you when I'm old."

"Don't you want to marry a pretty woman?"

"No, I only want you."

Silence, Woohyun didn't know what he should say, he didn't let go of his hyung's hand but he needed time to let the new piece of information sink in, he laid down again to look at the clouds with his best friend after some time even a rainbow appeared and that was the final moment.

"Okay hyung, I'll marry you when I'm old enough, so don't forget me."

"You will?"

"Of course."

"Promise?"

"Yes Promise."

Sunggyu scratched out his pinky finger to Woohyun with a smile worth more than the sun and the moon together. Woohyun did the same and they did a pinky swear.

 

Only problem is that you can't keep all the promises you've made.

=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=____________________________________________________________________=_=_

 

Now both of them are nearly grown up men and their promise they made as children is long forgotten or at least  Sunggyu thought so but he, himself, had never forgotten the words of his first and only love. Sunggyu kept them in his heart and hoped they would become true even though it was just a think Woohyun promised him while he was still 10 but nevertheless Sunggyu really hoped from the bottom of his heart that his unrequiered love wouldn't stay one unfortunately nothing changed over the years.

He and Woohyun sticked together like glue, they overcame each and every difficulty they had to face and never let go of each other; they were indeed best friends for life but secretly Sunggyu wished his friend would see him with other eyes, would see how much he cared about him, how much he meant to him, how much he loved him.

Still even though Sunggyu wished for all these things to happen they didn't happen in the last few years and won't in the future probably.

 

They spent all their school time together and even in the same class, how they managed this, thinking Sunggyu is older by two years?

The answer, Woohyun was a smart kid and was able to skip one grade while Sunggyu tried his best to fail one year so he was able to be in the same grade as his secret crush and he success.

Thanks to the teachers they even got into the same class and so it went on and on till the day of their high school graduation.

Even though Sunggyu most likely wanted to erase the major memories of his high school time he couldn't, actually his time with Woohyun during high school had been nice but there was one certain reason why it was the living hell for Sunggyu- Woohyun was overly popular and both girls as well as boys confessed their love for him within seconds.

While Woohyun got one confession letter after another Sunggyu had the best marks and was at the top of the class which didn't made him popular, no it was quite the opposite, he had been avoided from the most of his classmates and he wasn't so good at making friends to begin with so his cycle of friends was fairly small to be exact three.

  • Of course his best friend for his lifetime, Woohyun
  • A dude he met while he was waiting for Woohyun to finally turn down a girl from their class.
  • And the boyfriend of this dude and to be honest if Woohyun hadn't had his heart already Sunggyu might had fallen for this always happy, smiling guy.

At least Sunggyu had these three friends and looking back he is so thankful towards the girl who dared to confess to his Woohyun because if she didn't had this stupid idea, Sunggyu would have never meet Hoya and his cheerful boyfriend Dongwoo.

 

Hoya and Dongwoo were the only people on this big world who were aware of the secret feelings Sunggyu had for his younger friend.

Dongwoo was a great listener and always gives good advise while Hoya was his pillar who always tried to help whether it's giving tips or simply lifting the mood. Sunggyu knew he could trust them and in the end he really needed their help because during his first year in high school Sunggyu had the first heart break of his life but it certainly wasn't the last.

 

Flashback

Sunggyu and Woohyun agreed the evening beforehand they want to watch a movie in the movie theater after school but unfortunately Sunggyu had one lesson more than Woohyun so they agreed to meet at their favorite place, which had been the roof top of their school, after Sunggyu had finished his last lesson.

Woohyun didn't mind waiting for his friend at all, he was looking forward to watch some horror movie to scare the s*th out of his friend, of course he didn't tell Sunggyu that he wanted to watch such a movie instead of some stupid chick-flick or whatever. Nonetheless after Woohyun finished his last lesson for the day he walked to the classroom in which Sunggyu were at the moment to wish him good luck for his test he was going to write in the next lesson and to simply tell me he would wait for him.

When he entered the room his eyes immediately scanned the crowed for his friend and seconds latter he spotted him looking outside the window with a small smile on his lips. Woohyun had to smile too by the beautiful sight of his angle like friend, he toe-tipped to his side and took a seat as slowly and gently as possible to be unnoticed by his friend to whisper in his ear.

"Hey Gyu hyung~ What are you doing? Looking out of the window all spaced out instead of learning~"

"Uhggghh H-hunnie y-you scared me!"- Sunggyu 'whispered' back and hit him on the arm a little bit harder than he wanted but Woohyun didn't mind.

"Were you thinking about me?~"- Woohyun asked smirking and played with the hair of his friend.

"T-the hell? N-no I-i didn't...why s-should I?"

"Ohhh don't lie I can tell by the look of you."- Woohyun joked but damn he was so right and Sunggyu couldn't stop his face changing its color to bright red instead of its normal milky white.

"N-no you can't because I wasn't t-thinking of you; anyways what are you doing here?"- Sunggyu tried to lie, hoped the other wouldn't ask any further and changed the topic as fast as possible

"Oh yeah I'm here to wish you luck for your test~ I'm your personal lucky charm you know."-  He said and hugged Sunggyu in a loving manner and placed his hand on Sunggyu's tight to rub it a bit.

"Ahh thank you~ How come that you know about the test?"- Sunggyu asked and tried to sound confident although he was nervous as hell because of the youngers' actions.

"You told me about."

"But it was weeks ago and I only mentioned it."

"I'll remember every thing my other half says~"- Woohyun giggled with a loving smile.

"Uhhh w-what e-ever you say."- By now Sunggyu looked like a human tomato but he wasn't resistant against Woohyun's cheesiness , only problem was that Woohyun didn't mean the things he say.

"Ah and before I forget I wanted to tell ya' that I'll probably take a nap so when you find me sleeping just kick my , okay?"

"Okay you fool."- Sunggyu giggled and Woohyun lead in to whisper in his ear 'see you later, my little angle' and kissed him slightly on the cheek before he walked out of the room leaving Sunggyu alone being stared and glared at form his jealously classmates while he blushed mad.

 

Woohyun was all happy after his little visit by Sunggyu and made his way up to the roof top as he reached it he opened the door and was greeted by an amazing view over the whole city since he had time he took a little nap in hopes of dreaming about his little angle but was interrupted by a girl he had seen around a few times.

She slowly walked towards Woohyun with a small smile on her lips and trembling hands.

"Hello Woohyun oppa I hope I didn't interrupt you."

"Oh no everything's fine, how can I help you?"

"Uhmm oppa, I-i know you don't date girls or boys who confess to you b-but could you make an exception for me?"

***       ****       ****      ****    ****    ****   ****    ****   ***   *****   ****   *** 

After school Sunggyu got a text from Woohyun in which he explained that some thing came up and he was busy for the rest of the day and that he was sorry.

Days later Sunggyu found out that Woohyun accepted the love confession of a girl, he had already forgotten her name, and was on a date with her the afternoon the two of them wanted to watch a movie. The was that he found out  because some girls told him about it to make him suffer, they were jealous because Sunggyu and Woohyun were so good friends and they noticed the way Sunggyu looked at him.

During school Sunggyu tried his best to blink away the tears which formed in his eyes but the moment he step out of the school the hot tears rolled down his slightly chubby checks. He immediately sent Dongwoo a text to make sure his friend was at home and fortunately he was and Hoya was with him, so Sunggyu walked to his friends house to find a bit comfort for his broken heart.

 

When he arrived at the youngers house he was greeted by his two worried friends who didn't wait even a second to force their friend to take a seat on the sofa, what he gladly did. Hoya and Dongwoo exchanged looks before Hoya went to the kitchen to make some hot chocolate while Dongwoo hugged  the still silently crying Sunggyu.

Minutes later Hoya came back again with a box of tissues and three mugs of hot chocolate, he put all the things on the little coffee table and sat down next to Sunggyu.

"Gyuzizi what's wrong? Stop crying."- Dongwoo said slowly and rubbed circles on the olders' back but it didn't really help.

"Sunggyu tell us, we'll help you, you can trust us, okay?"- Hoya whispered and gave the older a tissue to wipe his tears away.

"Y-you w-won't ju..judge me?"- Sunggyu whimpered in between his sobs.

"No never! You can tell us, we are on your side."

"R-really?"

"Yes."

"O-okay..."- Sunggyu started but couldn't end his sentence because of his own sobs.

"Calm down Sunggyu, don't stress yourself we have all the time in this world."- Hoya tried to smooth his friend and handed him the whole box of tissues this time.

After a few minutes Sunggyu finally calmed down a bit and was able to tell his friends about his love towards his best friend and how hurt he was that the younger just recently got himself a girlfriend and didn't even have the guts to tell him. He was so deeply hurt by the way his best friend , his Woohyun was so oblivious to his feelings for him. He told his friends everything from his one-sided love ,from the way it had started to the promise they made until now.

And his two friends were really great listeners, they didn't judged him or made fun of him instead they gave him some advises and told him he could come to them every time he needed a shoulder to cry on or a ear which would listen to his stories.

Hoya even offered him to punch some sense into Woohyuns useless brain which brought a laughter out of Sunggyu but in reality Hoya was dead serious. He wanted to punch him so damn much at the very moment because he had hurt a precious friend of him but in the end he never did, Sunggyu would had been hurt if he had hit the love of his life.

 

This was Sunggyus first heart break, he wanted to never have one again but it was certainly not the last.

 

During high school Woohyun dated many girls and each time Sunggyu was deeply hurt, so hurt that even the cheerful Dongwoo had been down with his mood. Hoya and Dongwoo were there for him each and everytime he needed them but they were so worried about their older friend, one evening they even asked him if it wouldn't be better to forget Woohyun and to fall in love with someone who would cherish him the way he deserve it but Sunggyu just smiled and said 'Never mind love finds its way and when I have to wait a whole century for him to love me back', Dongwoo wanted to cry after that and Hoya had the strong desire to pack Woohyun by his collar and to tell him that he's a bastard for hurting someone as pure as Sunggyu.

 

But one thing was oh so strange and Sunggyu could never stop wondering about it, even though Woohyun dated girls he never told Sunggyu about them, he never introduced him to one of his es- pardon girlfriends and he never said he loved them, not even a single word left his lips about these girls he went out with. And if Sunggyu hadn't get the information from the jealous classmates of his he would had never noticed that his friend was in a 'relationship' Woohyun was always by his side, he never changed his behavior, always touchy and cheesy towards Sunggyu and he never failed to give all his attention his best friend, how did he even had the time to meet this girls when he spent all his time with Sunggyu?

 

 



 

That's basically the first chapter :DDD

Questions over questions x,D How did Woohyun even had the time to meet his girlfriend when he spent all his time with lovely Sunggyu?

Sorry for any grammar mistakes TT_TT

Hope you like it~~