Break The Rules

Curing Sadness

It was just another night at the bar and Sooyoung had just finished giving the instructions. The place was still pretty empty. Sooyoung was in her office with Seohyun. 

"So, Tiffany told you where she lived?" She suddenly asked

"I know right?" Sooyoung said.

"That's really weird, I mean...I thought she those rules"

"I don't know...but she seemed kind of freaked out about the whole Jessica situation and she apparently knows Hyoyeon"

"So what did you do"

"I'm not completely sure" 

"I guess I kind of dared her to come here again"

"Think she'll bite it?"

"I don't know"

"Sooyoung,,,"

"What's the real reason for you to be doing this?"

"I don't know...yet" Sooyoung answered as she looked downstairs through the window. Hyoyeon was by the bar, Taeyeon and Jessica were with her.


"So are you both going to challenge again?" Hyoyeon asked with a smile.

"There will be no challenging from my part" Taeyeon let out.

"I'm still hung over from last week"

"No challenges from me either, not until the boss forgets the whole, "picked you up at the public park" business"

"I wonder if that angel will come again"

"Angel?" Taeyeon said.

"Yeah that girl, you know, the one that was talking with the boss the other day"

"Oh, the one Yoona said didn't spoke a word"

"Yeah, that one, I could swear...I've seen her in my dreams before"

"Pfft, what?" Taeyeon let out. Partly upset...

"What?" Jessica defended.

"I doubt that she'd make another appearance" Hyoyeon said.

As soon as she said that a woman sat down at the farthes stool, next to the entrance.
Black hair, porcelain like skin and red plump lips. Jessica opened her eyes in surprise and looked at Hyoyeon who was still pretty focused in cleaning the glasses to notice. It was her..the angel.

"Oh, I see why you call her an angel now" Taeyeon said as she quickly got up from the stool and went back to her booth.

Hyoyeon suddenly looked up at Jessica who was still mesmerized by the image of the person she thought she had only seen in dreams. There she was again and she wasn't a dream. Jessica walked up to her.

"Hello" Jessica said.

But Tiffany didn't answer in fact she wasn't even looking at her at all, her eyes were directly transfixed on Hyoyeon who in turn had a pretty relaxed look.
She approached Tiffany. She quickly glanced at Jessica.

"Please...leave" She said.

Jessica stared at both of them for a while before leaving to attend a table.
Sooyoung witnessed the whole scene from her office window, she put on her blazer and decided to go downstairs.

"Still can't speak?" Hyoyeon said.

Tiffany just remained motionless, looking at her.

"Mad I broke your rules?"

"You don't need to answer that, I know you are"

"You see Tiffany...the world doesn't move how we want it to"

"I wonder how fun it would be to see Jessica running after you"

"I mean, she already is curious isn't she" Hyoyeon said a slightly sly smile on her face.

"But you don't have to worry yet, I have not broken your rules, I told her nothing"

Hyoyeon's phone vibrated.

"Haven't you had enough? You will only be hurting Jessica, you know that...
I already have to deal with you" Hyoyeon read the message aloud. She smiled.

"If anyone was to hear this they'd think I had done something wrong to you...when actually my only problem, was loving you"

"Here, vodka with ice, still your favourite right?" Hyoyeon said as she put the glass in front of her. She then left to the other end of the bar.

Suddenly someone sat beside Tiffany. It was Sooyoung.

"Talked to her?"

Tiffany pulled a small block of post its.

"I should've never have come here" She wrote she posted it to the counte, she drank the glass of vodka in one shot and left the bar.


She was walking home. Tipsy from the vodka. Wondering why had she broken her own rules.
Why had she gone to that bar? The rules existed for a reason. She had Hyoyeon to deal with now.
A monster from her past of her own making. But Hyoyeon was right and deep inside of her she knew that...
Truly her problem had only been loving her, perhaps too much.
Hyoyeon had wanted to save her...too much.


"Just what kind of conversation was that?" Jessica asked.

"Me and her, we have nothing to talk about..."

"You still can't tell me about her?"
 

Hyoyeon suddenly remembered what she had just told Tiffany.
What if Jessica actually ran after her...how bad could it be?

"Meet tomorrow afternoon at the park" Hyoyeon said.

"No regrets" She thought as she smiled at Jessica.