More Rules?

Curing Sadness

Sooyoung looked at the building in front of her.
For someone that tried to live unnoticed she certainly didn't live in an unnoticeable place. The building was modern and luxurious, Sooyoung was pretty sure that a couple or more celebrities lived here. She looked at her phone again. Yep, this was the right adress she hadn't got it wrong. She looked at the road.
The cab driver probably also didn't get it wrong. So...Tiffany really lived in a place like this? Sooyoung went to the door. As she came inside the building two men appeared.

"Excuse me but, what's your business here?" One of them asked while the other just looked seriously at her.

If the point was to scare her, then they had succeeded. She looked at him.

"I'm visiting my friend"

"What's their name?"

"Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang" She said nervously.

"Wait here" He said while he signaled his colleague who went behind the small reception, grabbed the phone and called.

Sooyoung couldn't hear him talk but she saw him nodding. He walked quickly on his way back.

"You can go up, I'm sorry, it's just that we can't be too careless, after all, we have celebrities living here"

"I understand" She said as she smiled a small smile.

She walked quickly to the elevator, would there be anymore surprises from this "visit"?
Sooyoung pressed the button for the 10th floor and turned around to look at her reflection in the mirror.
She looked and frowned. Why was Tiffany calling her to her house? Never before had Tiffany ever mentioned her house or that she intended to ever invite her there.
In fact their relationship was weird and tasteless. Who was Hyoyeon that she had this kind of reaction on Tiffany?
Sooyoung could clearly see that she was panicking a bit, or else she wouldn't call her all of a sudden.
The elevator stopped and Sooyoung turned around as soon as the elevator doors opened she was pulled out by the arm. She frowned but then she noticed that it was Tiffany, walking in quick steps and leading her towards an open apartment door. She brought her inside the apartment. Sooyoung took of her shoes quickly and just kept trying to keep up with her. She throwed Sooyoung on the couch and the latter sat down, she glared her for being so forceful.

"What's with the agressiveness?

Tiffany looked at her seriously. She walked out of the living room.
Sooyoung looked around. Wow, this was pretty luxurious.
Eh, Tiffany must be doing well.
Sooyoung got up and walked around, the living room was big, there was a small like study area with a bookcase, a desk and a cabinet. There was also a piano on the other side. Then there was the sofas and the TV and a sound system. The walls were lined with paintings, expensive looking paintings. Almost everything was lined with some small piece of deco. Sooyoung walked back to her seat as soon as she heard Tiffany come back.

"None of this is mine" Tiffany wrote in a notepad.

Sooyoung looked at the desk then at her hands. Why would she go out if she had the study where she could've gotten everything she needed to write.

"What? Is this not your house?" Sooyoung asked as she felt confused by her words.

"It is, it's just..." She wrote.

"What?"

"Nothing"

"Tell me about Hyoyeon, how long has she been working at the bar? How did she come to the bar?"

"Has she asked any questions about me? Have you taken care of that nosy girl, Jessica?" She wrote all in the same page.

"Woah, woah, calm down young lady" She said.

"First of all, why are you so worried about Hyoyeon? Why do you want to know all this?"

Tiffany looked at Sooyoung seriously.

"And what's with calling Jessica nosy? Tiffany, you can't blame people for wanting to know you, you can't blame people for being curious" Sooyoung said.

"Curiosity killed the cat" She wrote.

"You don't get to ask questions, I do" She wrote.

"Is this another one of your rules?" Sooyoung said as she looked at Tiffany.

"You're so focused on pushing everyone away, that one day Tiffany, one day..." Sooyoung was saying but she stopped.

She let out a loud sigh.

"What?" She wrote.

"No one is gonna bother coming back" Sooyoung said as she got up from her sit.

She walked herself to the door. Tiffany just stayed frozen in place, Sooyoung's words touched something that was long gone.

"If you want to know more about Hyoyeon, just come to the bar and talk to her" Sooyoung said as she closed the door and left.

Talk to her? Why would she? No...no, she couldn't...
Aish! Why can't Sooyoung just do as she says?!
She throwed the notepad at the couch. She texted someone and then left the apartment.