Forbidden

Curing Sadness

As Tiffany looked up from the photo frame there was a sudden ring, an ominous sound she never liked when she was in this place...
That was the sound of the doorbell. Her body froze and she couldn't move. It rang again. Tiffany looked at the doorway. She wanted to run away. She wanted to disappear. After all the doorbell means that woman will come here...the doorbell means she'll come and make her life miserable again. She walked slowly towards the doorway while trying her best to keep the tears at bay. She opened the door and was surprised, her heart skipped a beat. She was shocked but in a good way, in a bad way? In some way, a new way, something she hadn't felt before. 
In front of her stood Jessica. Jessica looked at her with a smile that could ressuscitate angels. 

"Oh! It was right. Yes!"  Jessica let out as she looked at the paper in her hand then at Tiffany.

Tiffany grabbed Jessica's wrist and quickly pulled her inside the house. She pulled her all the way to the living room before pushing her onto the couch and disappearing again. She went to her room and got a notepad. 

"Are you completely crazy?" She asked.

"Why?" Jessica said.

"You can't come here, how did you even found this place?"

Jessica didn't answer.

"It was Hyoyeon wasn't it" 

Bingo, Tiffany thought. That damned...why couldn't she just let her be.

"Yes, It was Hyoyeon who gave me your address, there's no point in hiding it anyways, you seem like you already know it"

"What are you doing here!?  Look, I don't know why you're being so nosy but...you have to leave, please, for your own sake"

"I came here because I wanted to know you, that's why I came here, because I felt like I saw you before"

Tiffany looked at the girl, she didn't feel like playing anymore games.

"Look on the day you passed out in the park, I stayed with you for a while before Sooyoung showed up" Tiffany wrote.

"Oh, I knew it!" Jessica said as she pointed her finger at Tiffany.

"Now that you know what you wanted to know, please leave" Tiffany wrote.

"You're a terrible host" Jessica let out.

Tiffany looked at her. Inside of her, emotions were churning she wanted to sit down and talk with Jessica for hours she wanted to hug her and ask her to save her but she was keeping all her emotions down. 

"Why do none of you do what I tell you to?!" 

"I'm not leaving, not until you talk to me, let me know you"

"Why are you being so persistent about this?" Tiffany wrote.

"Because...I fell in love with you"

Those words stung Tiffany's heart she let go of the notepad and pencil she fell to her knees.
She put her hands to her ears as if covering them. 

No, no, no, no, no, she can't be saying those words, she can't be hearing those words.

Jessica got up she walked up to Tiffany, she crouched in front of her she pulled her hands from her ears and while looking into her eyes she said it.

"I love you"

Tiffany's hands were bound, Jessica was grabbing her by the wrists, she looked into Jessica's eyes and she knew that those feelings were true because she had seen that face before, in someone else.

"I fell in love with you at first sight, I did my best to talk to you all I wanted was to be your friend at first, but you didn't even give me a chance for that"

Jessica let go of her. She got up and just as she was about to leave she saw the picture.

Tiffany and that man, Tiffany in a beautiful wedding dress and that man hugging her. They looked happy.

"So you really were married? Are you still married is that why you're trying to get me to leave?"

Tiffany nodded no.

"Then why are you pushing me away?" Jessica let out. Tiffany didn't answer. Jessica was just about to leave when suddenly Tiffany hugged her from behind.

"Because its forbidden for me to love anyone else, you love me but I can never love you back, even if I do, I can't" She gave that paper to Jessica and pushed her out of the apartment. 

Jessica just stayed in that hallway looking at that door for a good five minutes.
Inside she could hear Tiffany sobbing silently.

Tiffany just fell and sat against the door as her tears streamed down her face...
She felt closed, boxed, locked in a never ending nightmare.

Jessica gripped that paper before going into the elevator.