Ties

Curing Sadness

Sooyoung let out a long sigh as she sat on the high chair by the bar. Hyoyeon was on the other side of the counter handing her a scotch, on the rocks. She looked at Hyoyeon and smiled.

-"You always know what I want" She said.

Hyoyeon nodded, she never was a person to use words carelessly.

-"Hyoyeon, I need to ask you something..." Sooyoung suddenly let out.

Hyoyeon was half way through cleaning the glasses when she stopped. She put down the rag and leaned over the counter, her face was close to Sooyoung's.

-"If you know her, you know why I can't tell you" Hyoyeon said.

-"The rules..." Sooyoung said.

-"The rules" Hyoyeon let out as she smiled.

-"Damm it, all the time...these rules" Sooyoung said frustrated.

-"I know it is frustrating but we can't do anything else but accept, accepting is the only step we should take so we can have some kind of relationship with her" Hyoyeon said.

-"Now you've said it" Sooyoung said.

-"Some kind of relationship..." Sooyoung let out quietly.

-"I must ask you...don't ever ask me anything about her, you know I can't tell you" Hyoyeon said.

-"Yeah, I know...I'm sorry" Sooyoung said.

Jessica suddenly sat down beside Sooyoung.
Sooyoung was surprised and looked at her.

-"How long have you been there?!" Sooyoung asked surprised.

-"Long enough..." Jessica said.

-"Scotch, please" Jessica said as she looked at Hyoyeon who was also pretty perplexed.

-"If you were listening to us than...you know..." Hyoyeon said as she gave her, her drink.

-"What? That you won't tell me anything? I got it, I got it" Jessica said.

She drank the glass in one gulp.

-"I'm not even worried about that anymore, I just realized I was being stupid and a kid with all this" Jessica said.

-"If she doesn't want me to know her, she doesn't want me to know her" Jessica said as she left.

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon looked at each other.

-"Well, she took that in pretty well" Hyoyeon said.

-"She didn't..." Sooyoung let out.

-"I know" Hyoyeon said.

-"Should we be worried?" Hyoyeon asked.

-"Very" Sooyoung answered.

-"Should we warn Tiffany?" Sooyoung asked.

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung looked at each other, Sooyoung put her cellphone on top of the counter and they were both looking at it. The were considering wether to call her or not to call her. Should they warn her? Should they warn her that finally someone is going to start making questions? That someone will try to get to know her and not simply see her as the stranger strolling in the back? That she won't be the apartment light in the distance anymore, that she will matter. At least to someone...

-"I'll call if you call" Sooyoung said.

-"I think...we should just let faith run its course" Hyoyeon said as she finished cleaning the glasses and smiled.

Sooyoung grabbed the cellphone and put it back in her purse.

Tiffany was back in her apartment, a glass of wine in her hand, she was sitting in the couch. She looked up.
Why did she broke the rules...everything was so...fine, normal, repetitive...
Sooyoung, she was the one at fault, she made her have one weak moment and look at where it got her. Some girl now, thinks she's some kind of angel and better yet, she has seen her. She knows her face for real now, she knows that she exists. If she knows that she exists she will look for her, sooner or later...
Maybe she'll have to move again. It wouldn't be the first time. It's never easy, but if she had to do it, she would.

Tiffany took a sip of wine and let out an inaudible sigh.
What had she done...
She put down the glass on top of the coffee table and she hugged her knees pretty tight.


Jessica was home...she was taking a long shower after a night of work. Who was she, where was she? Where did she live? Why couldn't those two tell her anything? What are the rules? What rules? She had so many questions that she needed to answer but she couldn't, and apparently she and her rules made sure that she wouldn't find anything...She was completely blocking herself...
What rules were these that even made other people, not tell anything?
Jessica was slightly surprised...
She imagined many scenarios of how she had come up with these rules, what could've happened to have made her create these guidelines.
Apparently...personal contact was a complete denial for her, unless you had gained her trust, like Sooyoung or Hyoyeon, or at least that's what Jessica could make out. Jessica put on her clothes and walked to the kitchen, she prepared some hot tea and sat down on her couch. Who was she?
She didn't know her name yet, she didn't hear those two saying it. Who was this mysterious stranger who had rules, and why didn't she speak?
Why did Sooyoung order for her? Why was she writting on a napkin? And why had she simply brought a piece of paper saying Choi Sooyoung?
Now that Jessica thought about it...She never did speak...never.
Jessica looked down.

She was so mysterious... So deep and so dark. That's what made Jessica want to meet her even more.
Her mysterious angel girl. She wanted to know everything about her, who she was, what type of person...
It wasn't love...it was...curiosity.