Open Eyes

Curing Sadness

Jessica rolled and groaned on what appeared and felt like a bed. She opened one eye and looked around and then at the ceiling. This was her apartment...disappointingly. She looked at her bedside...she felt like there was something missing. Like something or someone important had been there but she forgot what it was. She rolled around once again before stretching. At this point Sooyoung stepped inside the room. She walked to the window and pulled back the curtains.

-"Noooo" Jessica let out.

But it was already night time...no light was gonna come in except for the street light. Jessica put a hand in front of her eyes. She had massive headaches and her stomach was asking for one thing only...water.

-"Here" Sooyoung said as she throwed a bottle of water at her.

Jessica grabbed it, opened it and gulped half of it down.

-"God's nectar right there" Jessica said.

-"Yeah...on a hangover day at least" Sooyoung said as she sat down on the bed's end.

-"Did I give you much trouble this time?" Jessica asked.

-"You passed out in a park...what do you think?" Sooyoung said as she sighed and looked at Jessica.

-"What happened this time?" Sooyoung asked.

-"Hyoyeon happened" Jessica answered before gulping down the other half of the bottle.

Sooyoung facepalmed before looking at Jessica with an expression of "again"...

-"How many times do I have to tell you and Sunny that Hyoyeon is the bartender for a reason and that you shouldn't challenge her when it comes to drinks" Sooyoung said.

-"We know...and we weren't challenging her...directly" Jessica said.

-"You know what?" Sooyoung said.

-"What?" Jessica said.

-"I don't even want to know, you have dinner ready, I made dinner" Sooyoung let out.

-"You...made dinner?" Jessica asked.

-"With my best skills, I made dinner" Sooyoung said.

-"I should probably expect instant ramen...right?" Jessica let out as she got up from the bed.

-"Right" Sooyoung said.

Jessica was walking towards the bathroom when she stopped midway and looked at her bedside again.
She stared for a while and furrowed a brow before turning to Sooyoung.

-"Was someone there?" Jessica asked.

-"No..." Sooyoung said as she was startled by Jessica's question.

-"I just have a feeling someone was there..." Jessica said.

-"You're being silly it's probably just your imagination" Sooyoung let out.

-"Hum" Jessica muttered before going inside the bathroom.

Sooyoung got nervous. She started pacing around as soon as she heard the shower turn on. It wasn't the first time she was picking up Jessica somewhere after she had some long night of drinks. It was certainly the first time she picked her up sleeping in a public park. Usually it would be some random guy's or girl's house, sometimes the ocasional bar and sometimes the hospital. Strangely...never the police station, although a troublemaker by nature, Jessica had a notion of what trouble to get into. One thing Sooyoung knows is that Jessica is gonna ask questions...for sure. And she doesn't know how to answer. Although she may not like the way Tiffany lives she still has to respect her decision. She knows the rules, Tiffany told her the rules, so she has to keep her promise to Tiffany and make them work at all times she's involved. Sooyoung grabbed her phone she searched her contacts and unconsciously pressed call.

Tiffany was now in her apartment. A huge penthouse on the last floor of a building in downtown seoul. A memento from her parents...nothing else.
Although huge the place was mostly empty...Tiffany owned virtually nothing. The only thing that was full was the bookshelf. Filled with books, cds and vinyls.
Tiffany was sitting on the couch a coffee mug in one hand and a book in the other, she had glasses, she only wore them for reading. Some music was playing on the stereo. Suddenly, something was ringing. It was mild and far away but she was sure that something was indeed letting out a tune other than the music. She furrowed her brow and put the book and the mug on the coffee table before getting up. She walked to her bedroom, she opened the wardrobe and put her hand on her jacket's pocket. She took out a cellphone. She looked at the screen. Sooyoung.


Was she making fun of her? She knows she's mute right?
Tiffany rolled her eyes. She knew Sooyoung, she was probably panicking and did it unconsciously.
Suddenly the phone vibrated. Tiffany looked. Text message.
She opened it.

"I'm sorry. I unconsciously pressed call. What do I tell Jessica about you and finding her?"

"Be creative" Tiffany answered shortly before starting to make way back to the living room.

"That's all you have to say!?" Sooyoung wrote.

-"Yes...God, Sooyoung, I don't know, tell her some random person found her and used her cell to call you" Tiffany wrote before throwing the phone at the other end of the couch.

She got back to her coffee and book. The stereo was still playing.


Sooyoung stared for a bit at her screen.

-"What's that face?" Jessica asked as she got out of the bathroom.

-"What face?" Sooyoung asked before putting her phone back on her pocket.

-"Anyways, how did you even found me?" Jessica asked.

-"Someone called me from your phone" Sooyoung said.

-"Was it a black haired girl?" Jessica asked

-"B-black haired girl?" Sooyoung stuttered.

-"No" Sooyoung answered.

-"It was a dude" Sooyoung said.

-"A dude?" Jessica said as she finished getting dressed and walked to the kitchen, Sooyoung close behind her.

They sat on the table. Jessica started eating the ramen.

-"Dang, I was hoping for some cute girl" Jessica let out.

-"Why a black haired girl?" Sooyoung asked.

-"I had a really nice dream with one" Jessica said.

-"Oh, so you did..." Sooyoung let out.

-"I also have a weird feeling" Jessica said as she ate a bit more.

-"What feeling?" Sooyoung asked.

-"Like, I forgot something important. The kind of feeling you get when you wonder if you left the stove on but different" Jessica said.

-"Are you sure nobody was here?" Jessica asked again.

-"I'm sure...you're being silly. Oh, and because of the trouble you caused me you're on the early shift today" Sooyoung said as she smiled.

-"Whaat?" Jessica let out as she kept eating.

Sooyoung texted Tiffany.
Tiffany had fallen asleep on the couch with the book on her lap. Suddenly she felt something beside her vibrate. She opened one eye and looked at it.
Cellphone again. Sooyoung.
She opened the text.

"She's not buying it" Sooyoung had sent.

"Make her buy it" Tiffany answered.

"Wouldn't it be easier to just tell her you found her?" Sooyoung wrote.

"You know the rules" Tiffany sent before turning off her cellphone.

Sooyoung stared at her phone then looked up at Jessica...
What was she supposed to do...