Chapter 7

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Due to aff's regulations on explicit content, I have to push up their ages to at least eighteen. As you may have noticed, the ages in this fic are jumbled up from their real ages/age ranking, and Kyuhyun's of the same age as Sungmin, Zhoumi, Donghae, Hyukjae, Siwon and more. I've kept their birthdates the same though, so yes, Sungmin is a month older than Kyuhyun, not that it makes a difference in their world. 

Anyway, it is assumed that their high school starts at the age of eighteen and they're in their second year. Let's just say the werewolves' education system differs from the humans'. 

There's quite a bit of technicalities in this chapter, but there's revelation of some sort, so I hope it's not too boring. Enjoy ^^

 

 

 

 

 

“So, for our first lesson, we are going to do just a recap of the history of our werewolf race. I’m sure you all would have learnt this in past history lessons…”

Sungmin stole a peek at his alpha. Kyuhyun appeared to be daydreaming, like any other students might do during lessons.

 

After the term break ended, the school slotted lessons on the nature of the werewolf race as the last lesson of each week's timetable. It was a special half-term course for students in their second year of high school, as most omegas would have experienced their first heat and been claimed by now. Once omegas reach the age of eighteen, when their bodies would have matured fully, their first heat would hit any time from then.

For some like Donghae, it hit soon after their eighteenth birthdays. Hyukjae claimed Donghae last December during their holidays. But there were those like Sungmin, who only experience their first heat after their nineteenth birthday. As Zhoumi’s nineteenth birthday in April neared, they were all anticipating his first heat as well.

 

“… Now, there is popular belief that the alpha-omega bond exists for omegas to become servants to their alphas. I would like to remind each and every student here that the alpha-omega bond exists because of an alpha’s need for a supportive partner. An alpha can choose another alpha or a beta as a mate and partner, especially if there are strong feelings of attraction and affection. But there is something special about having a sole omega bonded to him. Aside from the bonded omega being a spouse, the theory goes by them being a soulmate.” Leeteuk continued on his lecture, despite the chattering and murmurs coming from the class.

 

At a point of time, Sungmin was once a believer of the alpha-omega soulmates theory. However, as he grew up, the witnessing of other werewolves tore his belief down. He came to realize that the alpha-omega bond being a master-servant bond wasn’t just a so-called ‘popular’ belief. It was the way things worked. There were even teachers who chose to not advocate the soulmate education as specified in the syllabus; Sungmin’s history teacher in middle school simply told the class that omegas exist to submit, to pleasure, like what many, including omegas themselves say. Sometimes, Sungmin wondered why the Council even included the soulmate theory in education.

Although skeptical about the theory, Sungmin respected Leeteuk as a teacher who advocated such education. He was particularly fond of Leeteuk’s classes and often felt fortunate for having the beta as his form class teacher. As a middle-class beta, Leeteuk never looked down on omegas and he believed in what he taught.

 

“So, how do we know whether the bonded omega is the very soulmate for the alpha? Like you have learnt in history lessons, nature dictates everything for us. It dictates our society, our hierarchy, to make sure that our race can survive in the right balance. Similarly, although alphas may have appeared to have chosen their omegas, or simply ran into one in heat, it was all planned by nature.”

 

Sungmin nibbled on the inner side of his lower lip as he stole another look at his alpha’s side profile. Was he really the planned soulmate for his alpha? Did his alpha believed so?

Then again, Sungmin knew his alpha was the one who made the choice to claim him. How is it fate if one had a choice? He wanted to believe in what Leeteuk was saying, but it was all a theory, and there was nothing to prove that it was right. Besides, if it were true, his unique species wouldn’t have existed.

 

“You may think that this is all a theory, but almost everything is founded on theories. The soulmate theory has been existent for decades, with much research conducted on the alpha-omega bond. Now, here’s something for everyone to think about. For an alpha who ends up with only one alpha or beta, is his partner then not a soulmate? What about the situation of multiple mates? We will discuss this further in future lessons.”

 

Sungmin wondered how Leeteuk could maintain a neutral expression. He knew his teacher would definitely has worries about his alpha finding an omega, although Sungmin thought Kangin looked way too faithful to Leeteuk to do so. Maybe that was the reason why Leeteuk wasn’t as worried. Their relationship was built on true love and trust, surpassing the temptations of nature.

 

“… According to our natural hierarchy, the three social classes consist of alphas, betas and finally the omegas. A werewolf’s social status is determined before birth and the ability to discern aura was given to us by nature to identify one’s social status. The strength of an aura is not only linked to each werewolf’s social status, but also the mental strength. The stronger the aura, the stronger the mind, the higher the social status. Hence, within each class, the strength of auras differs for every werewolf as well. It’s nature’s way of keeping everyone in the right positions so as to form a constructive and effective society.”

 

Sungmin stiffened as his alpha shifted in his chair for the first time since the lesson started.

 

“…thus, we are having these special lessons for half a term to help everyone cope with entering the society officially as adults. So, I have good news for everyone.” Leeteuk announced, effectively shutting the class up.

“Right, so you boys only know how to shut up if I say good news.” Leeteuk commented aloud then muttered something along the lines of ‘Maybe I should just transfer to a co-ed school’ to himself.

A small smile graced Sungmin’s lips. It was something Leeteuk always complained about – an all-boys school was way too rowdy for him and he should transfer out, but it never happened.

“Okay, I’m going to let you all off early today.” Leeteuk said and the class broke into cheers. “Wait wait, I’m not done yet!” Leeteuk raised his voice and the class quietened down again in anticipation of dismissal.

 

“Next week, we are going to discuss more about social statuses within each social class, particularly on the special group of black omeg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter