Chapter 34

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Happy belated birthday, Bashayer~~ :3 sorry that I couldn't complete this in time yesterday. 
And yay, happy birthday in advance to Kyuhyun :3 (you know what this means, don't you? no? You don't know why I'm wishing so early?
It means I have no time to update on his birthday! /runs/ :x) 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll ask one more time. Did Doojoon personally come and ask for the engraving on the collar?” Kyuhyun raised his eyes from the new collar he was inspecting, running his finger along the rose gold rim.

                                                                                                                      

“Do I have a reason to lie to you, Kyuhyun-gun?” The collar maker met his gaze without a hint of fear, but Kyuhyun wasn’t ready to believe the seeming sincerity in it so easily.

 

He placed Sungmin’s new collar back into the velvet case carefully, cleanly snapping the lid in place. Picking up the pen, he signed the collection acknowledgement slip, the casual scratching sound unusually loud against the silence. Kyuhyun leaned forward, sliding the slip and pen over as he reestablished the eye contact. “People gain reasons, ahjussi.”

 

The collar maker scowled at his distrustful words, snatching the slip from the table to validate the signature. “Jinho!”

 

A younger omega, perhaps not much older than Kyuhyun, scuttled out of the inner room with his head bowed. “Yes, Woojun-nim?”

 

“Where’s the collection slip I asked you to find?” The collar maker questioned without looking away from Kyuhyun, the staring battle a contest of pride between the alphas.

 

The omega silently handed over the paper in his hand, quickly withdrawing his fingers as Kyuhyun reached out for it. With a quick scan, the white alpha realized that it was the collection acknowledgement slip for the previous collar he had ordered, and right at the bottom of the slip, was undeniably Doojoon’s signature. “Your name is Jinho,” he stated unemotionally, causing the omega to bow his head further. “Were you there when this collar was collected?”

 

“Y-Yes…” The omega answered softly. “I-I think s-so.”

 

“You think so?” Kyuhyun tilted his head slightly, the supposedly innocent action a threatening one to the omega who was almost whimpering under his dominant aura.

 

“It was more than three months ago, Kyuhyun.” The collar maker stepped up, blocking the omega from view. “I write my customers’ extra requests on the collection slips. Check it.”

 

Kyuhyun brought the paper up again, easily finding the line written under the additional remarks section. ‘Free engraving ‘Wook’ as service.’ However, he didn’t want to believe in it; he didn’t want to believe that Doojoon betrayed him. “How do I know this wasn’t added after?”

 

The collar maker snorted. “How funny, Kyuhyun. Are you trying to find someone to take the blame now after your omega discovered what a heartless jerk you are?”

 

He would have flinched at the statement twenty minutes before when he was emotionally vulnerable in front of his omega, but not now. Kyuhyun was determined to investigate the matter, and his dominant side wouldn’t let his alpha pride be mocked and played without any retaliation. “I didn’t ask for the engraving,” he said firmly, “If I did and I’m really planning as you’ve suggested, I would have brought my omega here. There is no point for this act without my omega being here.”

 

Admission flashed past the collar maker’s gaze, bringing the aura back down to the normal intensity. “I understand how hard it is for you, but it’s the truth me and my assistant is speaking of here. Like you said, people gain reasons, Kyuhyun-ssi.”

 

“Are you…” The sudden recognition of the brief vibration in his pocket broke off his sentence. Kyuhyun pulled out his phone, ignoring the other two as he quickly redialed his omega’s number that had left a few missed calls.

 

 

“Sungmin?” He called as gently as he could, thinking that his omega must have been anxious because of him leaving the house.

 

“M-Master.” His omega sounded breathless.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m at the collar shop already…” He tried to reassure, but his omega’s fearful voice interrupted him.

 

“They broke into the h-house…”

 

“What? What are you talking about, Sungmin?” Kyuhyun prompted; the installed security system wasn’t easy to break in.

 

“They’re in—They’re in the house.”

 

“Who?” He asked, the pace of his heartbeat beginning to pick up speed at the registration of what his omega was saying.

 

“I-I don’t know! I—“

 

He heard whatever caused his omega to drop the sentence. “Search all the rooms!”

 

Without any explanation, he grabbed the box of collar on the table, racing out of the shop as he disregarded the collar maker’s call of his name. “Sungmin?”

 

Kyuhyun yanked his car door open, throwing the box into the adjacent seat as he jumped in. At his omega’s anxious breaths relaying through the phone, he exclaimed, “Sungmin? Sungmin, answer me!”

 

“Master…” His omega mewled, “W-What do I do…?”

 

“Sungmin, listen to me carefully. There’s a hidden compartment in the ancestral room.” He stepped on the acceleration pedal, steering the car with one hand as he tried to communicate his instructions calmly. “The opening is at the back of the altar. Push the eyes of the wolf on the right…” The ruffling sounds on the other side of the line gripped his heart tightly. “Sungmin, you hear me? Go into the compartment and wait for me—”

 

There was a loud slam, followed by a series of swift knocks against a door.

 

“Sungmin! Are you there? Sungmin!”

 

“I can’t!” His omega shouted, voice a distance away from the phone. “They-they’re outside the door—” A sliding sound overtook his omega’s voice.

 

“Sungmin?” Kyuhyun called anxiously, pressing the loud speaker on his phone in order to free both hands for the steering wheel. There were sounds of fabric rubbing against the speaker of his omega’s phone, followed by a muffled thud. “What is going on, Sungmin? Please, talk to me!” He waited three impatient seconds as he turned his car round a sharp corner, before he called again. “Sungmin!” There was no reply, and Kyuhyun activated the emergency communication system on his car’s GPS screen, momentarily hesitating when he was prompted for which contact to call. Instead of Doojoon, he tapped on Junhyung’s name.

 

“Sungmin?” He tried again as he waited for the emergency call to connect, which fortunately only took two rings.

 

“What happened?” Junhyung’s serious voice was a great contrast to his usual greeting.

 

“Alert the rest to get back to the house. There’s a break in and Sungmin is there alone,” Kyuhyun ordered, before adding. “Don’t call Doojoon.”

 

“What—”

 

“Do as I say. Go,” he commanded, ending the call without giving Junhyung any more chance to ask questions. He was checking that his phone was still connected to his omega, when his omega’s voice burst out of the speaker.

 

“Master!” The loud pants from his omega were audible over the phone. “Sorry, I—”

 

The words cut off abruptly again, replaced by muffled mutterings that Kyuhyun couldn’t make the words out of, and there was yet another thud. However, this time, he heard a pained whimper from his omega. “Sungmin!”

 

“I-I’m out of—“ His omega gasped for oxygen. “—the house.”

 

“Are you alright? That—”

 

“I’m okay…”

 

The image of his omega holding his face with teary eyes flashed past his eyes. With a deep breath, he forced himself to calm down, knowing that he needed to be strong for his omega now. He can save Sungmin; he wouldn’t let his omega come to any harm.

 

“Good job, Sungmin. Now, you remember the route I always take to drive you to school?” He waited for the breathless ‘yes’ from his omega before continuing, “Just keep going down that road to school. If I’m not there yet, go into the school,” He took a quick glance at his watch. “Go to our homeroom; Leeteuk hyung should be there now.” Kyuhyun steered his car left, taking a different route that would lead towards the school instead of his house. “Do not hang up. You understand me, Sungmin?”

 

“Y-Yes—” His omega’s reply was interjected by a loud exclamation spilling over their phone call. “He’s there! Catch him!”

 

Despite the skip of his heartbeat, he forced his voice into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter