Chapter 41

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

His outfit was simple; a long sleeve, white collared shirt that belonged to Siwon, and a pair of dark blue jeans borrowed from Henry. He smelt of Siwon, exactly what the alpha had intended as part of the plan to keep him safe from the rest. He agreed with Siwon that it would be weird for him to smell like another omega anyway, and if it weren’t that Siwon’s pants were too long for him, the bottom would have been taken from Siwon’s closet as well.

 

It comforted his omega side to have the bonded alpha’s smell on him, but at the same time, it pained him that he was going to appear in front of Kyuhyun as an omega fully owned by another. The collar around his neck, Siwon’s smell on him, Siwon’s clothes on him, and the invisible leash which Siwon held the end to.

 

Sungmin tugged on his overly long sleeve, adjusting the fallen folds neatly as they stepped into the long corridor that led to the ballroom. It was the same corridor, the same ballroom, and the same skip of heartbeat as Siwon turned to him with a flick of the switch to the alpha aura. He froze momentarily in his steps and folding, before pretending to calmly continue on adjusting his sleeve.

 

“Go ahead first,” Siwon waved at Junjin and Jonghyun.

 

He could feel the dominant aura pressing on his chest as Siwon took a step towards him, a hand taking his sleeve. He allowed the alpha to finish the folding for him, struggling to direct his mind away from the light brushes of Siwon’s fingers against his arm.

 

“Sungmin…” The alpha called as the fingers left his shirt, and he lifted his head slowly to look at the alpha.

 

Siwon was wearing an identical white shirt with black jeans that had a few deliberate stylish tears at the knees. The alpha never broke their eye contact as he unfolded the leather jacket on his arm with a wave, suavely putting it on in one smooth movement. The amount of makeup the alpha was wearing in comparison to Sungmin’s bare face was excessive, and the black lining Siwon’s usually kind eyes transformed them into sharp, dangerous ones that easily intimidated another. The attire was casual for the venue they entered, but Sungmin was sure the ballroom had been transformed as well according to the Council Secretary’s orders. Secretary Kwon wanted it casual and easygoing, and according to Siwon, the man would have done away with the party all together if it weren’t for tradition and show purposes.

 

 

“You’re nervous,” Siwon commented, the bright smile seemingly unfitting of his image and outfit. “What happened to that feisty attitude?”

 

“Buried,” he answered softly, lowering his head like a meek omega. “The show has begun since we stepped into this place.”

 

“You did make a good actor,” Siwon said in a teasing tone, lifting his head with a light push on his chin. The joking demeanor was replaced fully with a sincere one as the alpha stared into his eyes so keenly he felt bare in his soul. “Don’t be afraid, Sungmin. I’ll protect you, but at times I can’t be with you, stay close to Jonghyun.”

 

He didn’t reply, his breath caught in his throat as Siwon closed the distance, seemingly planning to kiss his forehead. The kiss didn’t happen; instead, the alpha patted his head lightly once.

 

 Siwon pulled away with his usual smile, gesturing down the corridor. “Shall we?”

 

“Yes, Master,” Sungmin answered quietly, following after the alpha as he braced himself for the upcoming wave of auras and scents.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~--~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The casual dress code didn’t change the atmosphere of the ballroom a single bit. The upper class alphas behaved as though they were attending a ball held by royalty, the betas in their usual supporting roles, the omegas… meek and demure. He was stuck two feet behind Siwon for forty-five minutes as the alpha went from greetings to receiving congratulations, only opening his mouth to greet when Siwon asked him to. It was dull and tedious, this masquerade, despite how radiant and flamboyant the participants painted themselves to be.

 

The break from the follow-Siwon-and-wait rountine came as a relief for Sungmin instead of anxiety from leaving the alpha’s side when it happened. Even if Jonghyun was still watching him so closely, he could at least find a less crowded corner to take a seat and sip on his drink while waiting for time to pass. Sungmin instinctively started to search for the alpha as he sat watching numerous people pass by, but was eventually disappointed by the lack of indication of the alpha’s presence though it was one hour into the party.

 

Thus, when a smiling beta suddenly appeared in front of him, Sungmin could hardly mask his excitement.

 

“Dongwoon-ssi!” He exclaimed a little too loudly, attracting the attention of the other wolves nearby as the beta shushed him with a chuckle.

 

“Sungmin hyung,” Dongwoon’s hand slid into his as the beta took the seat beside him. He didn’t miss the exchange of nods between Dongwoon and Jonghyun, before the latter moved opposite to a spot far enough to give them privacy but was still able to watch over him. It was surprising that the guard didn’t stop him from interacting with Dongwoon, but he supposed it was because Siwon gave permission.

 

“How have you been?” He subconsciously looked into the crowd again as Dongwoon asked the question. “We just arrived so Kyuhyun hyung is off meeting Secretary Kwon,” Dongwoon explained knowingly.

 

“You don’t need to be with them?” He asked, attempting to mask his disappointment with a smile.

 

“Nah,” Dongwoon shrugged, “as long as Kikwang hyung is there.”

 

“Is… everything well?”

 

“Are you asking about me or Kyuhyun hyung?” Dongwoon teased, showing off one of his rare mischievous smiles.

 

“Both,” Sungmin answered truthfully, lowering his gaze. “And the rest too…”

 

“Hmm… Everyone’s fine, I guess,” Dongwoon’s smile faded into a serious expression. “But if you want to know specifically about Kyuhyun hyung, I think he’s just pretending to be fine.”

 

He snapped his head up. “What… What do you mean?”

 

“It… is hard for a wolf to endure being separated from his mate.” Instead of happiness at being acknowledged as the alpha’s mate, he only felt the pain in his chest. Suddenly, the excitement from meeting Dongwoon was banished far away, his heart sinking to his stomach. “Kyuhyun hyung has been using stabilizing drugs to keep his wolf in control, but he has been overdosing a little… the drug has side effects.”

 

“Side… effects?”

 

“It dulls one’s emotions and easily induces depression. He knows we’re worried but wouldn’t stop using the drug. Instead, he just pretends to smile in front of us…”

 

“I…” Sungmin started, but couldn’t find any words to continue. He had wondered for more than a million times during the past week about how the alpha had been doing, but the alpha had always been so strong he never thought something like that would have ensued. All he was thinking of was whether the alpha was safe from plots and schemes from the others.

 

“He says he needs a clear mind and to be in control to make plans… Kyuhyun hyung has been working hard to get you back. He misses you a lot…”

 

He never thought such a thing could happen, that the alpha would abuse drugs in order to save him, that the alpha would be missing him as much as he was missing the alpha. He remembered the apologies from the alpha, the promise from the alpha, the kiss from the alpha…

 

“It’s because of me…” He muttered. It’s because of me that he is suffering…  

 

“Sungmin hyung, I’m not telling you this so you can blame yourself.” Dongwoon tugged at his hand, asking for attention. “I’m telling you this so you can stop Kyuhyun hyung after you come back. We’re… worried that he might be addicted to the drug and it would be difficult to stop him, so—”

 

“Why…” Why did he have to go to that extent? Which part of me is worthy…

 

“Why…?”

 

“Sorry to interrupt,” Jonghyun’s voice cut in, but his mind was too occupied by his own thoughts. “I apologise but I need the washroom urgently. Is it okay for you to come along with me, Sungmin-ssi?”

 

He could feel Dongwoon’s concerned gaze on him before the beta answered on his behalf. “It’s okay. I’ll be here with him.”

 

“I have orders to never leave Sungmin-ssi,” Jonghyun insisted.

 

“But what if I’m here too?” Sungmin raised his head towards Kikwang’s voice, though his mind was barely processing what was going on.

 

“Hyung!”

 

“An alpha should be good enough to keep this precious little omega safe, right?” Kikwang spoke in his usual teasing manner.

 

“Alright,” Jonghyun accepted grudgingly. “Sungmin-ssi, I’ll be right back. Don’t move from this spot, okay?”

 

He nodded, his weak smile of assurance falling as the beta guard walked off briskly in the direction of the washroom.

 

“Yo, precious little omega,” Kikwang teased, squatting down in front of him. “How’s life?”

 

“I’m fine,” he answered absently, mustering a smile as best as he could. “How about you?”

 

“Horrible without you around—that collar you’re wearing is such an eyesore,” Kikwang pointed out with a disgusted expression.

 

Sungmin stilled for a second, before reaching to hold the collar with both hands. He closed his eyes, struggling to calm himself as he felt Siwon’s name against his palms.

 

Siwon’s omega. Kyuhyun’s omega. Why… why were they doing so much for him?

How was he going to repay them both?

Was he Siwon’s?

Or was he still Kyuhyun’s?

He made a deal in order to keep Kyuhyun safe. But now that he found out it was a lie, then what can he make of it? If Kyuhyun was hurting while trying to take him back, should he still be asking for it to happen?

All he wanted was for the people he loved to be safe… But the alpha… Kyuhyun… Siwon—

 

 

“What do you want?” Kikwang’s agitated voice dragged him back into reality. “It will reflect really bad on my reputation if I let anything happen to Sungmin now, so I suggest you back off.”

 

“Sungmin…” Jong repeated the name with a devious smile. “You’re so close to an omega of the Choi household eh, Kikwang-ssi?”

 

“Oh please. He is one of us, okay?”

 

“One of you all?” Jong burst out in laughter. “I have matters to discuss with one of our omegas. This is none of your business.”

 

“How is it none of my business? I promised Jonghyun-ssi to watch over Sungmin, so now he’s under my protection and it’s my business now.”

 

“Unfortunately, Jonghyun won’t be able to check up on whether you have kept your promise for some time.”

 

The images of Key being beaten up flashed past Sungmin’s mind. He jumped out of his seat, approaching the annoying alpha that wouldn’t stop harassing him. “Where’s Jonghyun-ssi?”

 

“Let’s see…”

 

“What did you do to him?!” Sungmin hissed, trying not to attract unneeded attention from the others.

 

“If you want him to be safe,” Jong beckoned with a finger. “Come with me, darling.”

 

“Sungmin—” He pulled out of Dongwoon’s hold.

 

“I’ll go.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~--~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The thin fabric clung to his legs, stretching over his bottom with each step he took. The short top did nothing at all in hiding his bottom, instead exposing the skin at his waist with the slightest movements he made. The see through black top had an especially low draped collar that left not only his omega collar in the open, but also exposed part of his chest. It was an outfit designed for seduction, even more so with the thick makeup the beta stylist was ordered to put on for him.

 

Sungmin deliberately walked slower than his usual pace, heart racing despite his calm demeanor as he moved towards the fateful corner for omegas. It was more nerve-wracking than the first two times, because now, he wasn’t simply just a target. The black rose hairpin on the right side of his head labeled him as one of the omegas available for pick up in this sick game some upper class alphas and certain betas indulged in. He knew that it could never be anything good that Jong wanted from him, but to have anyone else hurt because of him, he would not stand still and let it happen again.  

 

Sungmin bit down on his lip, steadily entering the invisible lines marking the area. He would endure this until Siwon comes to save him from the situation. The alpha would be sure to realise soon enough that something was wrong when Jonghyun fails to report in time.

 

He would endure it, but he still couldn’t stop the goose bumps from rising when the lustful gazes scanned him from top to bottom. Pressing his head low, he stopped by the wall, hoping to appear as unattractive and transparent as possible.

 

 

It didn’t work, because ten seconds later, an arm slid around his waist, and the cold fingers that went under his shirt and wrapped his side sent shivers through his body.

 

“You’re more beautiful than the last time I saw you.” The owner of the arm whispered into his ear, the cold fingers never stopping in the caress of his skin. “Frustrated down there again?”

 

He turned at the familiar words, eyes widening at the amused smile of the alpha holding him. “You—”

 

“Seunghyun. Choi Seunghyun,” the silver-haired alpha said, leaning close to catch his scent at his neck. “Come to think of it, I never got to introduce myself properly the last time I met you.”

 

Sungmin kept silent, flinching when the alpha spun him around, hand grabbing his bottom. “Not going to kiss me this time, Lee Sungmin-ssi? You were adamant in angering Cho Kyuhyun the previous time… I suppose I deserve a reward for aiding you since you succeeded in breaking the bond, yes?” The alpha kissed his jaw, pulling him even closer till their bodies pressed uncomfortably together.

 

“You don’t like Siwon too?” Seunghyun continued his questions despite the lack of reply. “Or you like him so much you’re willing to give your body up to others for him? You don’t struck me as the latter type though…”

 

Sungmin attempted to free himself a little from the non-stop kisses the alpha was showering on his jaw and neck. “I-I was threatened.”

 

“Jong?”

 

“How—”

 

“I saw him and his sidekicks following and watching you from afar. And I happen to know of the little feud between Siwon and that old fox,” Seunghyun said, finally stopping his kisses and running a hand up and down Sungmin’s back instead. “Look, I would love to help you avoid all those alphas by taking your pin,” Sungmin’s gaze flickered from one to another that was watching them, “—these guys were only hesitating just now because there was an announcement that Choi Siwon has removed his name from the Book before the party—But my baby is getting really jealous over there.”

 

He was suddenly spun around, and in his new line of sight, another alpha with a crossed expression stood three metres away scrutinizing them. It suddenly occurred to him why Seunghyun smelt different – the alpha had found a mate.

 

“I…”

 

“Oh, your savior is here.” Sungmin was suddenly cut off again by another turn, this time catching a gaze so intense his heart skipped a beat.

 

 

There, approaching them in quick strides, was the alpha.

 

He thought of how the alpha was watching him being hugged and kissed by Seunghyun again, how the alpha was seeing him dressed in a ty outfit with that hairpin, how the alpha might take his pin and lead him upstairs… and he panicked.

 

Sungmin pushed away Seunghyun abruptly, struggling against the arms that tried to catch and hold him steady. The reaction force shook his balance, causing him to fall back on his with a loud thud. A pained hiss from Seunghyun distracted him from the pain and numbness in his bottom.

 

“S-Sorry!” He exclaimed upon seeing the scratches he had unknowingly caused with his nails on the alpha’s arm, and the irrational fear surged when he felt the alpha’s aura nearing.

 

The hand of familiar warmth that landed on his arm caused him to flinch as he shrunk back further into himself.  “Don’t touch me!” He shouted, but the expression of hurt flashing past the alpha’s face filled him with instant regret. Trembling, he shook his head vehemently, hugging his legs to his chest as he tried to calm himself down. “I’m s-sorry…”

 

However, Sungmin didn’t have any time to recover as Jong approached with an order, “Pull off his shirt.” The crack of the whip sent his hands over his ears instinctively, the alpha’s burning dominant aura pulling him back into his memories.

 

“What are you all doing?” He heard the alpha questioned, before the pin on his hair was snatched away hastily. “I have his pin. I want him to serve me now.”

 

“Your name was never entered in the Book, Kyuhyun-ssi,” Jong said. “Besides, even if it was, the omega has committed an offence and needs to be punished. He cannot serve you now.”

 

“He didn’t injure me on purpose,” Seunghyun stepped up with his new mate by his side. “He tripped so I tried to catch him from his fall… but his fingers slipped off my arm.”

 

“It was an accident,” Seunghyun’s mate added. “There is no need to punish the omega.”

 

“It doesn’t mat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter