THE PARTY

The Hae Dal Chi Chronicles

Author's POV

 

"Ladies and gentlemen! Elementals of all clans! Good evening. I am Daesung, and I am Victoria, your MCs for tonight! Welcome to the grand homecoming party for the youngest council member in the history of elementals, the Fire Clan's leader, our beloved Hae Dal elemental.. Jung Soojin!" 

 

A deafening applause and cheers filled the hall. 

 

"To officially start tonight's celebration, may we call on our High Council Leader, Council Kim Young Min for his welcome remarks."

 

Kim Young Min went up on stage as the elementals welcomed their leader with a round of applause.

 

"Good evening everyone. It warms my heart to see all of you here tonight. Thank you for joining us on this joyous night to celebrate the return of our beloved Soojin. I know many, especially the Fire Clan, have greatly missed our young hwajae. Her return marks a new chapter in our history. We are now stronger than ever! I actually have so much to say but I shall stop here for now. So, help me in welcoming tonight's guest of honor, my beloved goddaughter, our Hae Dal elemental, Jung Soojin!" 

 

Kim Young Min motioned for Soojin to go up on stage. Loud cheers of joy and applause filled the hall again. Soojin went up on stage with a big smile. Her uncle joined the other council members giving the whole stage to her. She looked around with a happy face, though quite nervous, before beginning her speech. Her Hae Dal Chi unnies and oppas gave her a big grin of encouragement.

 

"Good evening everyone.." She started as she gave everyone a warm smile. "Words cannot express how happy I am to be back home.. back here with everyone." She paised for awhile as she looked towards her unnies and oppas. 

 

"It has been years since that dreadful night.." Everyone's face turned sad and sorrowful as they remembered the unfortunate fate of the Jung family. 

 

"It has been years since I was bestowed the duty as my clan's leader and as your Hae Dal elemental. I thought that my life would be over on that terrible night. Fortunately, I have been blessed by the gods.. everyone has helped me get back on my feet and be where I am right now. For your supoort and love, I am forever grateful." Everyone clapped their hands and cheered on the young hwajae.

 

 "I would also like to take this opportunity to say a few words to those who have greatly helped me through all these years.."

 

She looked towards her clan who were all smiles at their young leader. "First of all, I would like to apologize to my clan whom I have left in such difficult times. I was a mere child back then.. left with the duty of being your leader. Despite my shortcomings... my absence... you did not turn your backs on me. You have shown your unwavering support to this young hwajae who still has a lot to learn to become a good leader to all of you. Thank you.. thank you for your unwavering support and love. I promise to all of you, I will fulfill my duties to the best that I can. I hope you will continue to support me and teach me the ways of our clan."

The fire clan were filled with happiness upon hearing their leader's words. 

 

Soojin continued her speech as she looked towards the council members. "I would also like to thank the council members who have helped me throughout these years. Thank you for your continuous support. You are like 2nd parents to me. Thank you very much." 

 

She looked at her godfather. "Uncle Young Min... I'll address you as samchon tonight arasso?" This earned her chuckles from everyone as the High Council leader nodded and smiled in approval. "You are like a father to me. Thank you for being there for me all the time. Thank you for helping me get back on my feet. Without you, I might not have survived everything." Young Min smiled warmly at Soojin as she continued. "You took care of my duties to my clan and to everyone as the Hae Dal elemental while I am away to learn and train to become stronger. I was young and clueless back then. I thank the gods for you were there to help me along the way. Thank you so much samchon."

The crowd smiled and clapped in awe as Soojin doted on her uncle.

 

Soojin then looked towards her unnies and oppas. "Of course I would like to thank all the unnies and oppas who have  helped me and protected me throughout these years most especially the members of the Hae Dal Chi. Minho-oppa and Kyesun-unnie..." The crowd felt their hearts being twisted at the sight of the teary-eyed hwajae. "They died protecting me.. I would not be here without them..."

 

Soojin wiped away her tears and smiled at her Hae Dal Chi oppas and unnies. 

 

"With the help of the the Hae Dal Chi,  I grew strong.. I trained hard and learned as much as I could.. They continue to train me to become stronger and worthy  as your Hae Dal elemental. Oppas, thank you for everything." Though short, the boys understood how grateful Soojin  was for them being there for her not only as Hae Dal Chi but as her oppas. 

 

"Unnies, I am sorry for having dragged you away from home for a long time. Thank you for bearing with me and for never leaving my side." She looked at her unnies who gave her warm and loving smiles. 

 

"I know that I still have a long way to go.. I still have much to learn.. but with the help of everyone, I know I will be able to tread the right path. My beloved elementals, I promise to all of you that I shall fulfill my duties as your Hae Dal elemental. I am back.. and I am here to stay. Together, we will bring peace and prosperity to this world. We shall materialize the life that all elementals deserve. I know my family will continue to guide me even though they are now with the gods. With their guidance and yours...I know that we will succeed." 

 

Everyone stood up from their seats and gave Soojin a deafening round of applause. She bowed to everyone and smiled. "Again, thank you for joining us here tonight. I look forward to meeting all of you again." She added then left the stage and returned to her seat with the council members.

 

The MCs took over the stage and continued with the night's program. Different performances by Red Dal Entertainment artists entertained the crowd. After the formal program, the older elementals left the grand hall and went home to rest. The younger ones proceeded to Club Red for the afterparty. 

 

 

"Heechul, don't enjoy too much arasso. Remember, protecting Soojin is your number one priority." Kim Young Min reminded the Hae Dal Chi leader. He nodded in reply.

"Soojin-ah, have fun but be careful arasso? Don't stray away from your oppas and unnies okay?" Young Min reminded the young hwajae.

Soojin smiled and hugged her worried uncle. "Yes samchon. Don't worry too much. I can take cae of myself now. Besides, the best of Hae Dal Chi will be with me." She said as she grinned at her unnies and oppas.

Young Min went to his room as the young elementals headed for Club Red.

 

 

The girls were surprised to see Seungri and his team waiting for them at the entrance of the mansion. 

 

"You're finally here! We've been waiting for years!" Seungri said in exaggeration.

"We just got here hyung..like 5 minutes ago.." Taemin said innocently. This made everyone laugh as Seungri smacked his dongsaeng's forehead.

"Is everything ready?" Donghae asked. The boys grinned in reply.

The girls became puzzled at their reaction. "Oppa, what is going on here?" Taeyeon asked Heechul.

He just smirked as he left and stood next to Seungri.

"We have prepared something for all of you as a welcome back present. These boys have been working on it since last year." Heechul said as he pointed at Seungri and his team.

"Really? What is it??" Yoona asked in excitement. Donghae ruffled her hair in amusement. "You're staring at it." He replied.

There was a moment of silence.

"Bwo??? I never knew you could be so conceited oppa.. Hahahaha" Soojin said she tried to stifle her laughter. The rest of the girls were laughing out loud.

Heechul shook his head in annoyance as he glared at Seungri.

"You were supposed to reveal them when Hae said his line!" He said frustratedly as he hit Seungri's head.

"Mian.. I forgot the line. Hehehehe..." Seungri said as his team sighed in hopelessness at their hyung.

Donghae sighed as Ryeowook took a remote from Seungri.

"Let's do this again arasso..so, as we were saying.. we've got gifts for you girls." He said as he pressed the red button on the remote.

The girls squealed in joy as 7 sports cars stood in front of them.

"We've perfected the cloaking device last year so we integrated them into your cars' system. We chose them according to your liking and tweaked it up with some badass weapons and other upgrades." Onew said proudly.

"Well..do you girls like them?" Sungmin asked.

"Like? We love them! You guys are the best!" Hyoyeon exclaimed as Taemin gave them the keys to their cars.

The boys looked at them in amusement.

"Soojin-ah, I know you can drive now.. but don't drive off anywhere by yourself just yet arasso?" Donghae reminded the girl who looked annoyed yet happy.

"I know oppa.. I won't."

Taeyeon smiled in amusement as she watched the boys watching the girls.

"Thank you so much you guys." She said to them as she stood next to her brothers. The girls faced the boys and bowed in gratefulness.

"Thank you so much oppas and dongsaengs!" They said in unison.

The boys smiled in content. "We're glad you like them. Now, you should all take it for a ride!" Sungmin said.

"Soojin-ah, they can't start the afterparty without the guest of honor. Let's go!" Seungri said.

Soojin smiled and replied, "Kaja!"

They all split into groups who will accompany the girls in their cars.

"We'll do a convoy arasso? Follow Taeyeon's car." Heechul instructed everyone.  

Taeyeon was accompanied by Yesung, Seohyun with Onew, Soojin with Donghae and Heechul, Sunny with Sungmin, Yoona with Taemin, Tiffany with Seungri and Hyoyeon with Eunhyuk.