HOUSEWARMING PREPARATION AT THE CHOIS

The Hae Dal Chi Chronicles

Despite being known as sleeping beauties, the sisters woke up earlier than their cousins. Today was the day that they've been waiting for. They will finally meet their youngest sister. Jessica was busy preparing breakfast while Krystal sat by the counter, working on her laptop.

 

"Unnie, Minho and Seunghyun - oppa are done setting up the cameras. The security system they've created is great. I've been trying to hack into since last night. I can't even get past the first wall! They've really outdone themselves!" Krystal said with a satisfied smile. Jessica turned to face her sister with a smirk on her face as she transferred the freshly - made pancakes on the plates that Krystal has laid out on the counter earlier.

"Either that or you’ve just become lousy Soojung - ah." Jessica teased earning her a pout from her dongsaeng.

"Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me?! Me? Lousy?!" Krystal said in disbelief. Jessica couldn't help but laugh at her sister's defensiveness.

"Of course I'm kidding! I know you're the best! … next to Seunghyun - oppa and Minho. Hahahahaha." Jessica said as she went beside her sister and hugged her from the side.
"Just wait unnie.. I'll surpass them! Ha! You all just wait!" Krystal said with confidence making Jessica smile in amusement.

"I expect nothing less from my dongsaeng. Well, given how good you are already, it's good news that you can't hack into their security system. We need the best for Soojin's safety." Jessica added.

"Indeed. I'm so excited to meet her unnie…" Krystal replied as she rested her head on her unnie's shoulder.

"Me too.." Jessica replied with a longing look.

 

Krystal set aside her laptop as she helped Jessica bring the plates full of food on the dining table.  Just as soon as everything was set, their cousins came down from their rooms and joined the sisters.

"Whoa! What's that heavenly scent I smell??" Sooyoung exclaimed which made everyone chuckle in amusement.

Jessica and Krystal were already seated and having their tea. "Good morning." The two greeted their cousins.

"You two are up early." Siwon said with a raised brow.

"Exciting day we have today, huh?" Seunghyun added as he grinned at them.

"Well, today's the day. So better eat up and start preparing for the party." Minho said as they joined the sisters.

"Good idea! Ppali! It's not good to keep the food waiting!" Sooyoung added as she dug into her plate.

 

The cousins happily ate their breakfast while discussing their plans for the party.

"Are you ready?" Sooyoung asked the sisters as the two exchanged worried looks.

"Remember, we have to do this according to how things will turn out with Soojin. We can't force her." Seunghyun said with concern.

"We know oppa. However, we can still do something to make sure that things go according to our plan. The Harmonic Convergence is fast approaching. We don't exactly have the liberty of time. I'm sure that the elemental surges that Soojin's experiencing are getting worse by the day." Jessica replied with a deep sigh.

"At least, for now, the Hae Dal Chi are doing everything they can to help her. The girls are especially focused on keeping Soojin's elemental energy in check. They all seem to really care for Soojin." Sooyoung said while the Choi boys nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. At least. Unfortunately, they don't know exactly what's coming. We can't be complacent. I know they care for Soojin. However, there could still be a traitor among them. Just like with the council before." Krystal replied with a sad look.

"We won't let anything bad happen to Soojin. We'll make sure of that." Siwon assured his cousins.

Jessica looked at her cousins, gratefulness and worry painted on her face.

"In the short time we've been with Soojin, I'm sure that you'll get along right away. Blood is thicker than water remember? Besides, that kid is the opposite of you two." Sooyoung grinned in reply as the Choi boys chuckled at the thought.

"That is true! Soojin's aura is totally different from you two!" Seunghyun added.

"Waeyo?" Krystal asked in curiosity.

"Well, she may have the ice princess look like you two. But that only appears when she's deep in thought. Most of the time, she's full of energy and always talking to somebody. She's like Little Miss Sunshine!" Sooyoung answered.

"She'll make the effort if you won't. It's hard not to like the kid." Seunghyun added with a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry too much. We'll get her back. You'll be with Soojin soon.." Siwon added.